Student Loans

David

I have just come to terms with how much debt I am going to be in after 3 years of uni. With the way loans are now Im going to be at least £18,000 in debt after 3 years at uni. I know you dont start paying back until your earning at least £15,000 but I think this is pretty disgusting. My brother who is going to do his final year at uni is only paying £1500 a year on tuition fees (HALF of what they are now) as he's on the old system. I'm starting to wonder if its even worth it?

Dave

I've got 5 years on the new system (£3070 tuition)

So I'm commuting to save money (still means £15-18, 000 by the end of it)

That's life some say stick it out, others get lucky and find a decent job without qualifications, I'd say unless you get a very good offer, stick with it.

it'll pay itself off as long as u dont waste ur time @ uni.

no it won't

I was only 2500 in debt when I left - after 3 years working in this country on a good wage ( probably 5k a year more than i'm actually worth) and I've still got £900 left to pay off.

don't worry about it though. you'll either be earning enough that you don't notice the repayments (they're tax deductable I think) or you'll drop out, earn 10k a year and never have to pay it off at all.