Why Not To Buy A Onza Hub!

charlie >est<

I am a complete trials noob and look what I managed to do to my Onza T-Pro hub!

post-12978-1177524771_thumb.jpg

I have no idea how I did this and find it hilarious, I am going to go for the T-Master, What do you guys think of a T-Master?

I am looking for a £50 - £100 boundary, what would be the best wheel for this kind of price?

[if you cannot make out the pictures, My cone has split all the way through my hub, Onza :wub:

Edited by charlie >est<

done exactly the same to and my cones were bent outwards so the ball bearings kept falling out. got a t- master now from my mate and it works brilliantly. only thing is that the onza bolts that come with is are s**t so i would buy some hi-tensile ones if you can or get some spanner head ones like i run.

Jack

T-Master hubs are amazing value for money. They're pretty much the only sealed bearing hub I've ever run on the back of my trials bike, and 2 of them lasted me for a total of 6 years (and counting). Aaaaaaaaaall good.

T-Master hubs are amazing value for money. They're pretty much the only sealed bearing hub I've ever run on the back of my trials bike, and 2 of them lasted me for a total of 6 years (and counting). Aaaaaaaaaall good.

lol i have run them for 4 years lol and nothing wrong! i service mine about 2 a month so hopefully that will give them a longer life span lol :lol:

my mate completely snapped his one on his t-pro he went for the echo fixed hub £70 i think it is in green looks mint i broke my onza rear hub on my onza the other day there not worth keeping get coloured nipples as well :shifty:

Thanks Seb

A friend cracked his onza hub so got a onza replacement with sealed bearings, i then broke one axle by getting my jeans stuck in the freewheel. Broke the next axle by setting up doing a tiny gap in his garden.

Top notch stuff.

get coloured nipples as well :shifty:

Or not? they tend to round easily and you can't get the same tention you do with "normal" nipples = weaker wheelbuild etc, they look pimp though and save you a few grams (Y)

They're cup and cone hubs, wtf do you expect? :ermm:

Budget bikes have budget parts, deal with it and upgrade.

to be fair though, i was running cup and cone on cross country bikes for ages and never had a ra problem. Even had them on my bmx where grinds caused bent axles lol

to be fair though, i was running cup and cone on cross country bikes for ages and never had a ra problem. Even had them on my bmx where grinds caused bent axles lol

I ran cup and cone on a freeride bike for plenty long.

However in trials I think the forces are much more severe on the hubs, and the bearings properly rape themselves if there's any looseness whereas in XC/FR they tend to be alright so long as you pick it up quickly enough.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Jun 17 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So onza are shite?

Hmmmm.

I'd like to see you find a hub with the same quality for the same price. Trust me, it wont happen :)

My T-Pro hub has been fine, I re-built it wen I bought the bike, turned the axle round because the huge spacer was on the drive side (?!), and go the bearing tension perfect, the lockrings have to be done up tight against the cones for them to work properly, but it has been a good hub, still goes round and round with no nasty noises.

Mega cheap, and will last well when looked after, although I wouldn't trust the fairly cheap build quality with much hard riding.