Hook Woods Brit Round Today...

hugh_b

Hey guys, not sure how many of you went but it turned out to be a really good day, nice weather, great sections, just right i thought. Had a first lap of 16 in expert 26" and was looking for an improvement on the second lap. All went a bit wrong though, had 2 fives in sections i had cleaned before and improved in sections i did pants in on the first lap but not enough to have a better second lap. So the 2 fives sent me from 2nd to joint 4th :( . Ahwell was a good day and just really pleased with what i did. Anyone get any pics or full results?? cheers-hugh

Edited by hugh_b

Thanks to all the observers and people who set up what was a really good trial. Sections were long and tough but not too long or too tough... Shame my freakin' arms were pumping up so badly (that's what you get for not riding enough) although I somehow still managed to come 3rd in Senior which I was quite pleased with.

Dave

hi people, thought it was good trial not to hard but you could have made lots of stupid mistakes so you had to keep you concentration throughout the day on the first lap i went round on six on my second lap i went round on 5 finishing on 11 was quite happy with that still felt there was room for improvement lost silly dabs due to arm pump lol, weather was good!, great day for everyone, well done to everyone epsecially chris boyes who won elite (QUAlity)

Cheers James...

Was a great trial as ever at hook woods. Rob was being sick all Sat night, left a HUGE prawn pavement pizza in Boothies tent.....nice one Rob :sick: .

Decided to ride and did well came in on 33 dabs.

Well done to all the Koxx lads was a great result for them all.

Rob 1st poussin

Savage 1st

Boyes 1st

James sherriden 1st.

Well done Sam and Tom Oliver. Good finish after your crash Tom.

Thanks to every body who made it happen and a real big THANKS to the observers.

I will be back to beast that big concrete tube in September I will not be beaten !!!!!!

Cheers JP.

Can't wait for Blackpool..............

Spot on, really enjoyed it, i left yesterday feeling like i did so last september, well deflated and extremly un inspired at my performance, the best part of yesterday was getting Tom Oliver to finish. (Y):) he was well deflated after a bad fall on section 1, i just wished someone would have done that to me yesterday :P haha.

Good sections, like Dave has said, "long" to look at but very MTB'y a few "bits" that were seperating the scores.

Well done to all, specially Mr Porter (Y):D awsum ride buddy

Waynio................................

what a day! such a good trial, really well set out and run and THE perfect weather!

saw some amazing riding going on, the standard is moving up so fast its hard to keep up lol. i had an awful first lap because i was so nervous, competing in Elite for the first time really hit me hard. With a good second lap i managed to hold on for 3rd place so was well happy with that, am looking forward to the rest of the series!

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, it was brilliant

Spot on, really enjoyed it, i left yesterday feeling like i did so last september, well deflated and extremly un inspired at my performance, the best part of yesterday was getting Tom Oliver to finish. (Y):) he was well deflated after a bad fall on section 1, i just wished someone would have done that to me yesterday :P haha.

Yeh cheer's buddy, you were the only reason Tom finished (Y)

At Tom's age everything can be awesome 1 minute then tits up the next :( .

Was pleased with Sam's ride even though he gave me loads of grief for getting him two fives on the last lap for

letting his rear tyre down so it folded :S Still managed 1st so he spoke to me on the way home :)

PS last count was 26 bongo's & 4 Astra vans waiting for the AA B):D

Cheer's Ian.

Edited by SamMonty

the most inspiring bit of my day was tom finishing!!! id had such a rotten ride i couldnt wait to finish and carry on watching tom.

hahahahaha = 1 bongo NO ASTRAVANS broken down ;) your just lying. we need to arrange to go ogwen at some point mate (Y) with ben and co.

Well done to everyone. weather was a bit good too :)

Waynio..........................

Really good sections, nearly everything was doable with some parts having two options made it more enjoyable.

Shame i rode really badly on some silly stuff and felt crap afterwards. Always next time though.

well done to porter and phil in expert the dark horse.

Nick G

Was a great trial as ever at hook woods. Rob was being sick all Sat night, left a HUGE prawn pavement pizza in Boothies tent.....nice one Rob :sick: .

Decided to ride and did well came in on 33 dabs.

Well done to all the Koxx lads was a great result for them all.

Rob 1st poussin

Savage 1st

Boyes 1st

James sherriden 1st.

Well done Sam and Tom Oliver. Good finish after your crash Tom.

Thanks to every body who made it happen and a real big THANKS to the observers.

I will be back to beast that big concrete tube in September I will not be beaten !!!!!!

Cheers JP.

Can't wait for Blackpool..............

:o forgot about little me :( was a good trial but felt i should have done much better had a really bad start to my second lap. Got 3 5's in total which all should have been cleans really, but thats just the way things go. The sections were probably about right maybe a little easy, but it made for a good days riding. fair play to phil 1st comp in 2years or so (Y) and boyse is a beast see you all at blackpool.

he missed me off and i went with him!!!! :lol:

Boothy, thanks to you and morton aswell that made my day too. next time, you need to wack me in the head or throw the bottle harder at me if im not trying hard enough. you and morton probably didnt think that i appreciated what you did, but trust me!!!! it doesnt go un noticed, when you ever need owt doing or need a hand learning something, or being taken somewhere, il re-pay the favour (Y):)

im sure if you can make it to further rounds if you dont ride, you can always help out again ;)

Boyes IS the boy, yorkshire bred!!!! he learnt everything he knows off someone ;):-:teehee: its a shame i cant perform like he does all the time!!!!

Waynio.............................

he missed me off and i went with him!!!! :lol:

Boothy, thanks to you and morton aswell that made my day too. next time, you need to wack me in the head or throw the bottle harder at me if im not trying hard enough. you and morton probably didnt think that i appreciated what you did, but trust me!!!! it doesnt go un noticed, when you ever need owt doing or need a hand learning something, or being taken somewhere, il re-pay the favour (Y):)

im sure if you can make it to further rounds if you dont ride, you can always help out again ;)

Boyes IS the boy, yorkshire bred!!!! he learnt everything he knows off someone ;):-:teehee: its a shame i cant perform like he does all the time!!!!

Waynio.............................

I knew you appreciated it, and if i go and dont ride at the next ones you can count on my help again (Y). BTW your so right about boyes he is a brilliant rider and showed that on the day. :)

Hey guys, not sure how many of you went but it turned out to be a really good day, nice weather, great sections, just right i thought. I decided to ride the trial all uci, dabbing where i would use my pedal etc, however i went for most stuff and got it oright. Had a first lap of 16 in expert 26" and was looking for an improvement on the second lap. All went a bit wrong though, had 2 fives in sections i had cleaned before and improved in sections i did pants in on the first lap but not enough to have a better second lap. So the 2 fives sent me from 2nd to joint 4th :( . Ahwell was a good day and just really pleased i could ride most stuff uci etc. Anyone get any pics or full results?? cheers-hugh

Haha yeah joint 4th with me, don't know how many cleans you had but I think I had 4 or 5. I had the same on the second lap, lost a few silly points but thats the way it goes I guess. I felt really tired by the end and was so glad to finish! Don't know if the sun got to me but I started to feel sick, I even fell asleep in the car after the presentation :S

Really enjoyed the sections though. A big thanks to all who organised the comp I thought it was spot on (Y)

when are the results available?

The guy who did the awards (sorry can't remember his name) :$ :$ said it would be some time this week maybe Tues or Wed but he was knakered so he wasn't to sure, Oh yes he also had the super bikes to watch if his son had set the video to tape it for him, you had to be there Mick.

Remembered his name now it was Dave Bradley what a legend

JP

Edited by robster

The guy who did the awards (sorry can't remember his name) :$ :$ said it would be some time this week maybe Tues or Wed but he was knakered so he wasn't to sure, Oh yes he also had the super bikes to watch if his son had set the video to tape it for him, you had to be there Mick.

Remembered his name now it was Dave Bradley what a legend

JP

Dave Bradley is a great bloke John

that's why he's great for trials.......................mr laid back (Y)

Was a really good day and I think the most profesional biketrial i've been to date. I was really tired on the first lap as I stupidly decided to drive up the morning of the trial leaving at 5!! not again :rolleyes:

Pulled my finger out on the second lap and scrapped a 4th which was nice.

A big thanks to all the obververs and the one and only Dave Bradley.

section 3 i think were u had to get up the concreate slope, i couldnt for love nor money get up that in the comp

the second it was finsihed i did it 1st time :S

Haha always the way!!!

I really enjoyed the comp, i thought the sections were really good and set out perfect, not too hard, not to easy.

I had a terrible first lap, rode pants and made so many mistakes, i was embarrest by it!!!

But i had a great second lap, rode a lot better and im really pleased with what i was doing, still made a few silly mistakes, but there expected!!

Roll on the next one (Y)

Scott

Edited by Scotty Evil1