New-bie

jayz_

Ok so basically i am new to the whole trials bike scene and have been browsing various websites and forums trying to get good knowledge on what bike to get.

i have the money and i really want the Echo Lite in Black

i know it is alot to buy that bike for a starter except i might be getting sacked soon from my job so it is my last few pay checks so i wanna get the best bike i can as i might not come into a large amount of money for a while!

only problem is mum is saying it is silly to spend that much because i can get cheaper ones and i mgith not like it (yet i have been into trial's riding for several years even if it means i dont actaully have a trials bike due to doing XC more)

so basically i need some good reasons!

help please!

thanks in advance

jamie

Well first thing i would say it's your own money so get it and the way to show her your serious ride it as much as possible.

When i got my first bike i got a Mission Reefer and i think about 8 months later i was building a new bike on the side.But i loved that mission so i would agree there are cheaper bikes, have you thought about getting the frame and building the rest?

i have but it still seems to end up at the same price... roughtly

with the HS33's and a fork + tyres the price some how rockets, and a rear hub isn't cheap either!

I was thinking about building myself a bike, but the same happened... I spent hours on the pricing websites and Microsoft excel, and it came up about £150 more expensive. I am now looking for a cheaper bike and then getting the better parts for it.

I know man but although its a high price its worth it in the end.

Are you running hs33's on front and back? i only run mine on the back with an avid v-brake on the front. That might save you a little bit not much but still cheaper :lol:

i had thought of building my own bike (well buying all the parts then getting tarty to build it )

1x GU Typhoon 20" Fork '06

@£75.00

1x Echo Lite

@£219.00

1x FSA Pig (Black)

@£17.00

1x Echo Team

@£35.00

1x ZOO! Riser Bar (Blue)

@£35.00

1x Echo Front 20" 2007 (Blue)

@£30.00

1x Echo Rear 19" 2007 (Blue)

@£35.00

1x Adamant Non-Disc Front (Blue)

@£40.00

1x Adamant Fixed 26" (Blue)

@£75.00

2x Mutiny Plain Gauge 19/20" with Nipples (Silver)

@£20.00

1x Maxxis Creepy Crawler Pair

@£31.00

2x Maxxis Welterweight 20"

@£10.00

1x DMR Chainstay Protector (Blue)

@£6.00

1x Truvativ Gigapipe DH

@£35.00

1x Echo 6061 Forged (160mm Square)

@£52.00

1x DMR V8 (Blue)

@£21.00

1x Adamant Bashring (Blue)

@£20.00

1x Echo Screw On (15T)

@£17.00

1x Magura HS33 (Pair) (Silver)

@£125.00

1x KMC K710 Kool, 1/8"

@£12.00

1x SunRace 6/7/8/9 Speed

@£15.00

1x Try-All 40mm Wide (Black 19)

@£3.00

Total £928

alot more expensive than say a Echo Lite...

If i was you i would go for a onza or something more of a basic bike and gradually build it up, so then you dont use all your money at once and you also see if you do want to carry on with trials or xc

Ben

i dont do XC, just that XC bikes are hybridd where as trials bike are trials bikes

and i would get a onza yet i just cannot stand they way they look, nad there is no where near me that does spray paint and also a good bike in theory should last longer.. right?

Hi, i did trials about 6-7 years ago and just recently ( a few week) i wanted to get back into it. I had enough money to get a really good pro trials bike, but simply couldnt stomach spending so much to find out it might not be as good as you thought. I spent £400 on my mod and im loving it so far and IF i carry on and decide to take things to a new level i would get a "better" bike.

Your a begginer, your bikes going to get scratched up and knocked so maybe you wouldnt feel so gutted damageing a cheap bike.

Also, if i was about to get sacked, id spend a small amount and save some money to live on and bike repaires/spares.

Hi, i did trials about 6-7 years ago and just recently ( a few week) i wanted to get back into it. I had enough money to get a really good pro trials bike, but simply couldnt stomach spending so much to find out it might not be as good as you thought. I spent £400 on my mod and im loving it so far and IF i carry on and decide to take things to a new level i would get a "better" bike.

Your a begginer, your bikes going to get scratched up and knocked so maybe you wouldnt feel so gutted damageing a cheap bike.

Also, if i was about to get sacked, id spend a small amount and save some money to live on and bike repaires/spares.

i would have to agree with him on that.

for some reason when they go wrong its like a series of events and can cos a bit to sort it all out

so start of with something in a lower price range then after a while just buy and echo lite frame and swap the parts over onto it

How much money you got thats would be very helpful for us to point you in the right direction. Obviously a decent bike would be the best option as it saves you money upgradeing. Whether or not its worth building a bike up or a full build depends on how much money you have. And seeing as you are new to the sport yopu won't really have preferences in products other than for the looks so i would say full build seems the best thing. If you could tell us a price range then we could point out the best bikes for you to start on.

You can spent any amount of money if you are really passionate about something. It is better to go for the best bike, because then you would never really have to upgrade it in the future.

about £550 - £650 ( can stretch budget a bit)

Buy a full build for deffinate its just a hole lot easier. Theres 2 options new or 2nd hand. For that price range you can get a pritty kick ass 2nd hand bike and i think that would be a good option for you as it will save alot of money on upgradeing. Or get a new full build, if you do this then look at the onza range at either the tpro or tcomp depending on which you can aford; they are great starter bikes the best available in my opinion.