Freewheels

Richard jersey

Just wondering if you can really notice a difference when having more engagements on a freewheel? At the moment I have the Try-All freewheel with 30 something engagements and I'm just wondering if I should bother upgrading to the Try-All with 108 engagements? Any help appreciated,

Richard

Yes you notice!

I remeber going from a Deore to a hope Xc - Was amazing

Then back to a deore ( I wanted to die and so did the hub, literally brand new and broken within a week)

Then back to a hope XC - amazing

Then to a king

I noticed the difference everytime.

Also I realise that I'm talking about hubs and not Front Freewheels, but it's the same principle.

I went from and ACS Claw to a tensile and really noticed the difference.

Please don't buy a Try-All, my mate had one and it skipped more than skippy the bush kangaroo. he has and eno now, it has never skipped.

Neither has my Tensile, and that was a third of the price.

Personally I'd say you notice the difference more going back to less engagments rather than going to more engagments. I'd recomend a 72ep eno aswell if you have to have a front freewheel but if its possible go for a king rear hub.

Personally I'd say you notice the difference more going back to less engagments rather than going to more engagments. I'd recomend a 72ep eno aswell if you have to have a front freewheel but if its possible go for a king rear hub.

That's what i found. It's so annoying when you do ride a bike with less engagement. It just scares you silly.

Ah that explains it then.

So how was it hanging?

While ago so I can’t remember, left an comfy a the mo though....

I have a tensile but i want a rear freewheel instead due to how many trousers its chewed up but would i noticed a difference if i got a profile on the rear?

Thanks

Jack

Yes you wouldn’t rip your trousers so much, engagement wise it will feel like you have 72.

While ago so I can’t remember, left an comfy a the mo though....

Yes you wouldn’t rip your trousers so much, engagement wise it will feel like you have 72.

But it's actually 48. But i know you know that, you were stating it because it feels alright when riding. So i just thought i were also state 48. Anyway i doubt that makes sense.

I know its 48 but as its on the back you need to multiply the number of engagements by the gear ratio, as you have a mod it guessing it 18-12.

So that’s 18 divided by 12 giving 1.5 meaning that for every revolution of the cranks the back wheel will spin on and a half times. So the freewheel will engage 1.5 times quicker than one on the front, and 1.5 multiplied by 48 giving 72 (Y)

ENO is made by White Industries :unsure:

Really ????? oh my god ! Really ???? I Swear I've Made Such A Cock Of Myself Sooooo Many Times Today......

Really ????? oh my god ! Really ???? I Swear I've Made Such A Cock Of Myself Sooooo Many Times Today......

SO IT IS ! Apologies For My Stupidness.......Don't Laugh I'm Only Young !!!! :D

White Industry's do an amazing one.....but i'm sure the eno is better for trials.

I used to think that double disc monty's had two front discs. Before I rode trials and understood why they had stupidly long stems, that was back when I dreamed of getting a T-Pro and putting a jump stem on it.

Feel free to rip me, go on. I'm braced and ready.

I used to think that double disc monty's had two front discs. Before I rode trials and understood why they had stupidly long stems, that was back when I dreamed of getting a T-Pro and putting a jump stem on it.

Feel free to rip me, go on. I'm braced and ready.

:D Thanks for sharing the shame, i know what you mean ! i've always slagged the hell outa monty's for ages cos' of the bend in the frame....but now i'm looking at getting one.......you' know ? the one with two discs on the front lol

Jarrod