Home-made Trials Furniture

fyfey

We made a practice course in Harry's (Netherking) garden out of pallets and Scaffhold boards:

0.jpg

We wanted something a bit more durable and permanent, so decided to get some wood and build something...

Images may take a while to download, if it's ridiculously bad give me a shout and I'll host them elsewhere.

Building base:

1.jpg

Finished base:

2.jpg

Front slope & Top:

3.jpg

Added step at back:

4.jpg

Reinforcements:

5.jpg

It's sturdy!:

6.jpg

With some stain:

7.jpg

Reverse angle:

8.jpg

Added some plywood:

9.jpg

From inside fully clad:

10.jpg

Almost finished:

11.jpg

Reverse angle:

12.jpg

Finished:

13.jpg

Reverse angle:

14.jpg

So there it is! Not bad for a first attempt I think.

Final dimensions are:

Height: 80cm

Length: 160cm

Width: 120cm

Top width: 50cm

Step width: 50cm

Get your orders in quick! lol. Comments welcome (Y)

Looks good, but I would of had it a little taller :)

Might make a bigger one later on, now we know what we're doing... plus I'm not good at taps or anything at the moment!

i think the pallets looked OK , but adding that to the pallets would be good (Y) unless your gonna build loads of different obstacles ?

Yeah, it's gonna be an addition to the pallets. Won't be making any more soon as it was pretty expensive :o

Will something like that need to be fastened down somehow? Or will it be heavy enough on its own?

It's got some nice weight behind it! All that 2x2 and Plywood makes it not slip about on the ground.

I'll let you know how she rides, I haven't had a chance yet!

Dosn't matter if it's small, you could use that for sooo many things, landing on and taking off etc. (Y)

does look good. Next project has to involve a seesaw though :P

Its inspiring and Im tempted to try it, but my parents just wont let me, and theres no where to keep them

Any issues with grip in wet conditions?

That sandy paint for exteriors (Sandex or summat?) may work for a bit of grip if needed!

Or grip tape. Or normal paint with sand in it.

Looks good!

Yeah I was wondering about that. Probably quite slippery I would have thought. Still haven't had a chance to try it out :(

I saw someone cover their ramp in chicken wire to add to grip. I'll see how it is and maybe add something to aid grip (or just ride it in nice weather).

has anyone considered the standard they might be riding at? it might be small but whats the point in building somethign massively out of their scale.

ur right :P we have only been riding 4-5 month so this will be pently bigger enough.

yeah still haven't riden it :( been working to much plus the shitty weather. but i think sandy paint might be considered soon i can see it being a little slippy in the wet

keep you posted

harry

Any issues with grip in wet conditions?

That sandy paint for exteriors (Sandex or summat?) may work for a bit of grip if needed!

Or grip tape. Or normal paint with sand in it.

Looks good!

don't ride it when it's wet...