Red Bull Rampage

Ross McArthur

not going, but it sounds good! i hope they film this one and make a dvd! its always interesting to watch the rampage!

steve

There will be a video diary made up by Stu Thomson who is also going. should be good.

Is this the freeride cliff dropping rampage ? I thought he rode trials ?

no its a huge street event where there is all sorts of stuff to ride, cars, skips, concreate pipes, half and quarter pipes, the lot , danny will be in his element, and hopefully bring home a win. if he can get him front and back flips sorted. lol

Edited by glasvagas

Danny Macaskill has been asked to ride the comp in Madrid so I think all who know him-and all who dont-should wish him the best of luck!!!! B)

Any one else going to spectate?

Craig.B is right. Redbull Rampage was a freeride mountain bike event where riders sailing off 30ft cliffs. Danny Mac is going to Redbull Bike Battle. Dont fancy his chances against the likes of Aaron Chase. Akrigg couldnt get beyond the second round even though i thought akrigg rode better than his competitor.

Akrigg...................probably on for the win ;) or maybe it will be close between him and Dan (Y):) altho it depends if they judge it on "all round" skills like the one in USA a few years ago that Akrigg went to. he said it was wayyyyyyyyyy sick.

Waynio.......................

Craig.B is right. Redbull Rampage was a freeride mountain bike event where riders sailing off 30ft cliffs. Danny Mac is going to Redbull Bike Battle. Dont fancy his chances against the likes of Aaron Chase. Akrigg couldnt get beyond the second round even though i thought akrigg rode better than his competitor.

Och you no what a ment.

And what exactly have you seen aaron chase do that Dan cant do way better?

break his back in newcastle last weekend and not ride for months?

it's the NISSAN QASHQAI street contest in madrid he's riding this weekend anyway, not a red bull event

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/microsite/quc....html?ln=/en_GB

good luck dan boy

Edited by the boon

break his back in newcastle last weekend and not ride for months?

it's the NISSAN QASHQAI street contest in madrid he's riding this weekend anyway, not a red bull event

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/microsite/quc....html?ln=/en_GB

good luck dan boy

cheers for keeping me right. Dan didnt sound too sure what it was. anyway yea good luck dan.

Its off now danny has broken a bone in his hand so cant ride in madrid..oh well we are all going up to Aviemore next weekend for filming,riding and big ass parties!

all welcome head up if you can make it Fri and sat!

sweet. who is all going in?

dan asked me to head along, so think im coming up on the saturday for some riding (Y).

should be good banter.

Och you no what a ment.

A.C has the advantage of going big as well as going tech, and just generally making it all flow together. that doesnt mean that D.M isnt a good rider. the first Bikebattle in the states was won by a 20in mod Trialster (Eddie Tongue came 2nd i think) but then there were bigger trials stuff to ride. the second Battle had bigger jumps and street/freeride stuff, so naturally it would be won by a street/dirtjump rider. Cam.Mc looks likely to win this latest battle event.

A.C has the advantage of going big as well as going tech, and just generally making it all flow together. that doesnt mean that D.M isnt a good rider. the first Bikebattle in the states was won by a 20in mod Trialster (Eddie Tongue came 2nd i think) but then there were bigger trials stuff to ride. the second Battle had bigger jumps and street/freeride stuff, so naturally it would be won by a street/dirtjump rider. Cam.Mc looks likely to win this latest battle event.

you should have read the topic. he cant ride due to a broken wrist...

and the second bike battle went shit cos of it being ruled by dirt jumps. i dont find dirt jumping in the slightest fun to watch. its fun to do (if your good) but not amazin to watch.

IMO.

its like when you watch extreme games fmx and at the moment you are destined to win the series if you do a certain move. e.g at one point, only if you could do a flip were you in the running for a win.

sweet. who is all going in?

dan asked me to head along, so think im coming up on the saturday for some riding (Y).

should be good banter.

Hey Ben..

A bunch of peeps have been invited up for the weekend but basically its if you can make it bring your bike your tent and some drink and its on~!

hopefully see you there!!