Built In Boosters...

Ozonys

Simple really, do they work? I'll be getting my hands on an A3 soon and this has the built in booster set up but I've seen people running boosters on top of the built on ones on their frames. Does it vary from frame to frame or is it just a good idea to have one?

Cheers

Edit: spelling...

Edited by Lushey

QUOTE(J-B @ May 18 2007, 04:35 PM)
hi

I had a3 without brakebooster with zoo pads and it brakes great (Y)

I'm sure it does, but does a 'second' booster make it better? Just out of interest. Theres no need for me to protect crossovers either, braided hosing is the way forward.

^^^

wow, did you design that? good idea, but dunno how you would stop the calipers rotating and surely they arent long enouth to actually set the brake up...?

lol no I picked it up a few months ago somewhere, it's a good idea but you wouldn't be able to get your cranks to clear it without having custom one's made.

I really like the idea and would like to develop it a bit but as it is, there are loads of thing's that havn't been properly considered.

They work in stopping the chainstays from flexing as much, but theres still going to be a slight amount of flex from the mounts and the bolts, something another booster would help to prevent.

They're usually stiff enough to run on their own though.

They work in stopping the seatstays from flexing as much, but theres still going to be a slight amount of flex from the mounts and the bolts, something another booster would help to prevent.

They're usually stiff enough to run on their own though.

Simple really, do they work? I'll be getting my hands on an A3 soon and this has the built in booster set up but I've seen people running boosters on top of the built on ones on their frames. Does it vary from frame to frame or is it just a good idea to have one?

Cheers

Edit: spelling...

run a booster any way to protect crossover! i acsidently kicked mine and it sprayed fluid all over my favourite t-shirt :angry:

well it makes the brake better witha booster on it as well

Debateable. There are a number of riders who have found that with already stiff frames and supremely stiff boosters like the echo control 4 bolt booster and the heatsink booster that the brake performs better without the booster.

There is a limit to stiff you can make a brake before it doesn't work as well.