Problem

joe b

Righto... Well, since i've been growing a bit, i've started to hit my thighs on the handlebars on a lot moves, especially sidehops; when i do this i get a serious, serious deadleg and it's starting to get rather tedious...

Anyone else had this problem? I know a few people will have 'caus i remember Gaz did on his GU, so he bought a new frame!

I know the obvious decision is to just buy a longer frame and this is probably what'll end up happening. But, i'm just wondering if theres anything else i should try before i shed the money out for a new frame?

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ May 24 2007, 09:37 PM)
Righto... Well, since i've been growing a bit, i've started to hit my thighs on the handlebars on a lot moves, especially sidehops; when i do this i get a serious, serious deadleg and it's starting to get rather tedious...

Anyone else had this problem? I know a few people will have 'caus i remember Gaz did on his GU, so he bought a new frame!

I know the obvious decision is to just buy a longer frame and this is probably what'll end up happening. But, i'm just wondering if theres anything else i should try before i shed the money out for a new frame?

Cheers,

Joe.

I ust to always hit me knees on stem but after a while its stopped and i hardly ever did it may be after a while you will adjust and it will stop.

Yeh i used to have this problem on my 05 python and 07 short i kept trying to change my style but didnt work for long.Just get stem what extends out quite far like the echo one

25 degrees by 160mm if you havent got that already.

Yeh i used to have this problem on my 05 python and 07 short i kept trying to change my style but didnt work for long.Just get stem what extends out quite far like the echo one

25 degrees by 160mm if you havent got that already.

I have a T-Master stem :lol: . That's one of the longest there is, isn't it?!

I'll check on Tarty Bikes what the geometry is...

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ May 24 2007, 10:21 PM)
I have a T-Master stem :lol: . That's one of the longest there is, isn't it?!

I'll check on Tarty Bikes what the geometry is...

Cheers,

Joe.

They dont extend very far infront though do they? ino there rite high..

GU 07 joseph, same length chainstays as your adamant but 20 mil longer top tube will stop it, a will be better for taps and hooks (Y)

P.s Seen Cled earlier did he tell you?

Cled :lol: . Haven't heard that in a while. Yeah, he said! (Y)

Errm, if i get a new frame it's either going to be a Typhoon 07 or a Team 07 - Team 07, i prefer the looks of, is 30mm longer and has the same length chainstays and same BB rise!

They dont extend very far infront though do they? ino there rite high..

No idea, haha... Either way, i shouldn't be hitting my thighs on the bars! >_<

Any other ideas, people?

Cheers,

Joe.

When my IOLO got robbed last summer, I borrowed my mates bike (my old echo control) and after one ride, I couldn't walk due to smashing my thighs on the bars. Well random, 'cause it wasn't that much different.

Yeah Joe, I'd also go with the recommendation for narrower bars. I'm running my Zoo's 2.5" narrower than normal, it should mean you're not leaning forward so much.

It's mainly down to technique, so try just.. not hitting the bars. (Y)

Oh, and you're not growing, don't be silly lil' Joe. :P

in theory after a while you should adjust to it and automatically avoid it if you know what i mean lol

Adam

Yeah, in theory, it's a good idea but until you've experienced how excruciatingly off-putting the pain is you'll find you'd rather quit, altogether, than try and adjust :lol: ...

My bars are only like 27" at the moment, so they are quite short as it is, so i doubt getting even shorter bars would do much!

Still hoping for some more useful ideas...

Cheers,

Joe.

Go 26" joe :P just kidding, althought you robs are easily big enough! You could try more stem stackers/headset spacers? Try and get a stem that not only is qite tall but goes quite far forward? Or just go for the longer frame idea? I did it loads on my monty and even more on the limey until i put a simtra stem on with a loads higher rise lol.-Hugh

I used to get this, actually i've got a permament dent in my thigh from it..

Moved from my 2year old Monty 221ti Stem, ( carbon sloped top cap one. ) to a 07 Echo Stem, and i haven't hit my thigh since (Y)

Maybe some bars with higher rise, Onza Carbon bars rise like a fat slag..

Right, thanks for the help and everything guys. But, i must have said 2 or 3 times already in this topic that i have a T-Master stem - one of the longest, highest rise stems there are...

Thanks, agaian, but i think im just gonna get a new frame (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

hey joe i used to get this before, it only happens when you dont get the right timming really,if you think when every one rode short bikes most people didnt do it unless they get the timming right so getting a longer stem wont really help as you use the same body movment.

I used to get this all the time.

Rather than change anything on my bike I started chainging the way I rode which helped alot.

If your hitting your legs on the underside of your bars you could try stem stackers or a higher rise bar?

just wearb a f**king pad on your leg OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!11

its not that hard, its free

and it doesnt mess with the ride of your bike. i twat my leg but now i have a pad, i twat my leg and dont think about, this allows for me to go higher...

just wearb a f**king pad on your leg OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!11

its not that hard, its free

and it doesnt mess with the ride of your bike. i twat my leg but now i have a pad, i twat my leg and dont think about, this allows for me to go higher...

Quite the opposite as its restricting your movement