* Delicate Built Body-------------------Nope

* Flat Chest-----------------------------Nope

* Fragile---------------------------------Nope

* Lean-----------------------------------Yes

* Lightly Muscled-----------------------Nope, reasonably built upper body

* Small Shouldered--------------------Nope, broad and quite built

* Takes Longer to Gain Muscle--------Nope

* Thin------------------------------------Yes-little bodyfat

I guess that's a no for the ectomorph then!

Dave

You dont have all the traits. Because your not a extreme ectomorph which is what the description is about, your a mixture, which is more tilted to the ectomorphic side of things.

Are you stocky? No, otherwise i wouldnt be able to see your ribcage and you would be about twice as broad and have big arms. Mesomorph

Have you got any fat on you at all? No Endomorph

Can i see your ribcage? Yes Ectomorph

Im not saying it's a bad thing Tunnicliffe, CLS etc are the same. All im saying is that you havent alot of muscle, not enough to possibly hinder your riding which is what people are curious about, You are lightly muscled which means you have muscle, but not enough to weigh you down whilst doing moves on the bike. If you were a extreme Mesomorph you'd be about 5 '10 - 5'11 tops and be about 15 - 17 stone of pure , over developed muscle without ever stepping foot in a gym with a massive square shaped head head and a huge square jaw. If you were extreme ectomorph you'd be about 6 foot '1, 9 stone with a tiny head and small triangular underdeveloped jaw.

It's the way your gene's are the way your bones are formed etc

I like A level Pe. And body anatomy :smartass:

typenlehre.gif

Edited by Roberto_Gazzio

Still not convinced... I take it from that pic, you're saying I'm closest to the dude on the left? 'Cos that really, really doesn't look anything like my body shape. From behind (ooh, err missus) my back looks like a give way sign- very broad shoulders and very small waist. That's the only bit that matches- the narrow hips bit of an ectomorph which is also a trait of the mesomorph. The reason some people call me Action Man is because my arms, shoulders particularly, look like those from the dolls- unusually large and very defined. To me that sounds far more mesomorph

(Google: This body type is angular with broad shoulders and narrow hips (or “wedge-shaped”). A mesomorph is well muscled and have little body fat.)

Dave

Dave, I'd give you one!

You're sexy!

No one dis Dave, he may look skinny but it's all muscle. He could probably be the strongest rider here even though he's small.

I'm quite big but don't think I'm as strong, i just look bigger.

X

you only have to look at Marc Caisso to see that trials isnt all about muscle, size or strength. He is about 5,5" and bout 10 stone (same as me) and he is truly amazing on his bike.

it is technique i tell you! Am pretty much a midget and i still manage to ride some resonable stuff without too much effort.

Dave Marshall is very muscular, have seen with my own eyes!

Still not convinced... I take it from that pic, you're saying I'm closest to the dude on the left? 'Cos that really, really doesn't look anything like my body shape. From behind (ooh, err missus) my back looks like a give way sign- very broad shoulders and very small waist. That's the only bit that matches- the narrow hips bit of an ectomorph which is also a trait of the mesomorph. The reason some people call me Action Man is because my arms, shoulders particularly, look like those from the dolls- unusually large and very defined. To me that sounds far more mesomorph

(Google: This body type is angular with broad shoulders and narrow hips (or “wedge-shaped”). A mesomorph is well muscled and have little body fat.)

Dave

Like i said your a mixture of the two, Ecto-Mesomorph more tilted toward the ecto side with traits from both, 70% of the forum are more then likely the same :) It's the most common of all body types, extreme mesomorph being the most rare, only 2% of people on the planet are Extreme meso.

Like i said your a mixture of the two, Ecto-Mesomorph more tilted toward the ecto side with traits from both, 70% of the forum are more then likely the same :) It's the most common of all body types, extreme mesomorph being the most rare, only 2% of people on the planet are Extreme meso.

2% of the world's population is a hell of a lot of people!! Regardless of body type, what about the fact that I could live on McDonalds and my body would just turn everything to muscle and I wouldn't gain any fat... is that just down to an overly fast metabolism?

Dave

i havnt read the whole topic, but i think it depends what type of rider u are. TRA is all about power (still has technique though), cant remember what vid it was but he was doing some massive stuf in his vid showing what he does down the gym. so i rekon it has to help and eat loads of tuna steaks.

Callum

Edited by Callum Trialsin

2% of the world's population is a hell of a lot of people!! Regardless of body type, what about the fact that I could live on McDonalds and my body would just turn everything to muscle and I wouldn't gain any fat... is that just down to an overly fast metabolism?

Dave

overly fast metabolism is the main ectomorphic trait. mesomorphs gain fat pretty easily too

Endomorph has advantages's, but not really in a sport such as trials

thats just sick lmao you are right in a way though protene isnt it ?

Not together silly. They are both rich in protein though, chicken is a goo source also.

Sure endomorphs have advantage.

1) Extra weight to stop them getting blown off balance in windy conditions

2) Built in protection for when the fall

:)

Edited by max-t

Not together silly. They are both rich in protein though, chicken is a goo source also.

Sure endomorphs have advantage.

1) Extra weight to stop them getting blown off balance in windy conditions

2) Built in protection for when the fall

:)

Built in protection? endomorphs have soft skin and muscles, and tend to bruise easily. Mesomorph's have thicker skin so i guess that'd be the best protection wise

I suppose endomorph's have the lowest centre of gravity? so they could balance easiest

Enough of the whole silly debate anyway :P

Edited by Roberto_Gazzio

Built in protection? endomorphs have soft skin and muscles, and tend to bruise easily. Mesomorph's have thicker skin so i guess that'd be the best protection wise

I suppose endomorph's have the lowest centre of gravity? so they could balance easiest

Enough of the whole silly debate anyway :P

More fat i meant :)lol

Being big and fit helps to a certain extent, but technique plays a much bigger role in trials riding. Your friend could be a lot bigger than you but not have such a good technique and that will effect riding greatly.

Its good to have both obviously, but you will not get a better technique if you do not practice build on your skills and learn from your mistakes.

Go to the gym though, get fitter and it will aid in your level of riding.

Max...

Stamina counts just as much as strength, as well as explosive power. I was a skateparky jumper type for years, and rode motorbike trials, so I couldn't explode into a move straight away, like backwheeling something from a short run-up. I had the strength but couldn't accelerate fast enough.

hmmn this is a tough one for those who know me you will see that about 5 months ago i wasnt exactly thin... haha however i still managed to do alot of moves that were above the average keeping up with alot of good riders ( not being bigheaded) i soon realised that i was to big basicly and started at the gym along with dieting... i lost alot of weight and gained muscle but i could not do things the way i used to what i was large, so that would fill in the technique part i guess...

in my opinion its not about how big your muscle is, its about how fast you can make those muscles move and how you are doing so... i feel that weight would give you a massive agvantage but its not all about that .

hope that makes sens haha

Paul

It seems that alot of you have forgotten what trials is,

It’s a pastime for you to have fun. Obviously you want to advance but its still fun

It doesn’t matter if your built like a brick s#*t house or puny as a newt as long as you’re having fun doing what you like isn’t that all that matters???

It seems that alot of you have forgotten what trials is,

It’s a pastime for you to have fun. Obviously you want to advance but its still fun

It doesn’t matter if your built like a brick s#*t house or puny as a newt as long as you’re having fun doing what you like isn’t that all that matters???

Yeah but it's a pastime that tends to make people want to progress with their riding to keep it fun. The thread's gone a bit off track (probably due mainly to me... sorry) but the guy's asking whether he'll be able to progress faster if he goes to the gym to develop specific muscles etc.

Dave