Monty Brake Spray

There was a topic about this the other week. In basic it's good for comps but not street. Want to now why? Go take a look at the other thread. Tar is the choice for street in any case.

I used it a a few years back and it works super well if applied in the right proportion. One of the tins is sat leeking in my room right this minute...

its not bad depends how much you use it, your meant to spray it on the rim but if you miss and it gets wet later on it will turn white, the best way to probably apply it is spray on a cloth and rub it on your rim. its pretty decent.

I tryed it on.. never again, i was adviced by a friend to let it bed in but me being me rode with it as soon as it was on,

I went to backwheel a curb slipped fell on my back and somehow snapped my magura marta lever which i just got two days earlier so i wasn't to pleased.

I would suggest taking tar with you on rides and just put tar on when the tar wears off or better yet get a grind and some new pads.

How good is it cos i'm fed up with my kool stops wearing normal tar away after about an hour. also how do do you use it? (is there a certain way to apply it 4 example) And is it worth the money. Could you please include what pads u r useing in ur review.

Some times it works but most of the time its a pain in the bum!

if you put to much on your pads lock to the rim

i used to use Plazmatic CRM on smooth rims and they really worked well!

but now i use RIMJAMs on a rim grind :)

Edited by A_Bid_Farewell

Thanks. so it looks like I shoudn't bother buying then. Is it worth buying proper rim tar then (does it last any longer), cos i really don't want a grind.

The stuff I find on the road is CRAP! (N) How do u know if tar is good or not?

B & Q, ask where the roofing tar is, then hammer a chuck off (the bags of tar are huge! cost like £50)

How good is it cos i'm fed up with my kool stops wearing normal tar away after about an hour. also how do do you use it? (is there a certain way to apply it 4 example) And is it worth the money. Could you please include what pads u r useing in ur review.

You use Koolstops. Thats your problem.

I've tried thos liquid in competition and riding through the street and i can say you that a grind or instead of it our typical tar is well better than those thing Monty say's increase the power (in real life only increases the horrible sound when braking)

It's just spray on glue. -Will stick your pads to the rim too.

Will leave white marks all over your rims, which looks a bit... :ermm:

i second that

i borght some and it just recked my rim and pads up

just use tar or grind your rim :)

Doesn't mud ect just stick to your rim with this monty rim glue stuff?

yes it sticks loads of random shit i had a packet of crisps once

its basicly addeshive in a can, and its more hassel than its worth, and cost the same amount as a good set of pads,

i would NOT recomend it, as last time i used it my brake stuck on and i got a face full of picnic bench:(

and if you get water anyway near it, i turns to grese.

Edited by c3jae

its basicly addeshive in a can, and its more hassel than its worth, and cost the same amount as a good set of pads,

i would NOT recomend it, as last time i used it my brake stuck on and i got a face full of picnic bench:(

and if you get water anyway near it, i turns to grese.

Those bits aren't actually true to my knowledge. Even when it first came out it was 2 tins for £4 i remember.

• 2 weeks later...