20 Year Old, Died While Trying To Bunnyhop A Curb.

tipus

:(

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=22355

RIP

"it was last tuesday, he was riding with friends and it was a really hot weather, so he took off his helmet. tried to bunnyhop up a curb with speed, but his rear wheel hit the curb throwing him into a front flip hitting the stem with his jaw and then falling on tarmac with his head, breaking his neck and skull + he had internal bleeding in his chest, he was in a coma for 3 days, came out of the coma but the same night his heart stopped. when i heard about this i couldn't ride at all. just couldn't. I didn't really know him, just seen him riding, but it's still really really sad.

all of trials riders, street, DH and FR guys in Estonia are riding with black ribbons on our handlebars this week and maybe all of you should do the same, because he went out doing what we all love- riding his bike."

Edited by tipus

Just makes you think how much damage can be done on you bike when you don't wear a helmet.

Yeah putting a black ribbon our handlebars sounds like a good thing to do, even though we didn't know him he was still a rider and died doing the sport he loved, just as we love it.

Dedicate something to him just like he dedicated himself to bikes. Any biker who dies deserves to be remembered

FAIRWELL TO ANOTHER RIDER I NEVER KNEW

To be honest from that, with the broken neck and internal injuries and stuff it sounds like a helmet wouldn't have done much anyway.

and then falling on tarmac with his head, breaking his neck and skull

I do think it would made a difference.

and then falling on tarmac with his head, breaking his neck and skull

I do think it would made a difference.

I was just thinking about the internal injuries + the broken neck, mainly. Obviously a helme wouldn't have been bad in this situation, but I think it was just really bad luck on this guy's part :(

Well, actually his helmet would have helped him a lot. He was not a street rider in the means of trials street, but more of the stuff you guys call Urban freeride I think. Anyway, his helmet was a fullface jobby, so it would have protected his head for sure. And he did not die because of an injured neck, and that's the only part which would not be protected by a fullface helmet. (Yeah, he got an internal bleed aswell, but he probably hadn't been in coma if he had his helmet on)

Though, I can talk whatever I want and discuss it with myself, but what's done is done and it can't bring Jüri(that was his name) back.

Like someone already said, life is harsh. We won't forget you, Jüri :

And just for the record, he was 20, not 17

Edited by loffa