20 Year Old, Died While Trying To Bunnyhop A Curb.

tipus

R.I.P

I don't see why people don't wear helmets to be honest. There's no excuse.

If it's too hot have a rest when you take it off. If you think you look stupid, think about whats just happened and which scenario you'd prefer to be in.

I feel for his family, if my brother died riding i wouldn't know wether or not to carry on. And for his parents especially.

R.I.P

I don't see why people don't wear helmets to be honest. There's no excuse.

If it's too hot have a rest when you take it off. If you think you look stupid, think about whats just happened and which scenario you'd prefer to be in.

I feel for his family, if my brother died riding i wouldn't know wether or not to carry on. And for his parents especially.

I feel like a retard not wearing my helmet.. i have to have it on its second nature. Not worth killing yourself over and ive never found anyone looks stupid in a helmet

Really sad to hear. And it just goes to show how dangerous this sport can be! :( I just hope your in a better place now my fellow pre-neandertal Estonian brother. Rest In Peace and Ride In Peace...

Joe.

I used to think wearing a helmet affected my riding and made me worse! But then i discovered that it was me being fussy and finding a way out.. The very day i decided to buy a helmet with mum and dads help (giro? semi mx) and about 2 hours after riding with it.. On my way home i gaped about the distance of half my bike messing around onto a curb with no tarmac either side (just a curb concreted into the ground) and my brake rolled and my helmet literally split into 2!

Im glad that happened really as i was planing to ditch the helmet one day.. never again shall i take my helmet off even for the small things!

R.I.P Dude :closedeyes:

The first time I read this, I thought 'might not happen to me'...

But it did, but at a much smaller cost. I went riding around my aunt and uncle's house in Seoul, just a few hours ago, was about to do a small dropgap, and me being a reckless idiot, didn't bother checking for things in the way, and my head hit the bottom of a roof-kinda thing. I fell down, luckily my tyre acted as a cusion to soften the dropping impact on my arse. I felt numb in the head for a second, thought it was a typical bump on a wall until my cousin came over and saw blood spilling all over my face on the right.

Currently with stitches stapled in, and injections in the arse for 10 days everyday from now. :ermm: yet another scar to my collection :closedeyes:

I won't be so foolish in future, and i now realise how much of difference a helmet would have made. :( i got away lucky, very lucky :mellow:

I used to wear a helmet all the time, everywhere without exception even practising on curbs and in the garden.. Just recently, I've stopped a bit which was silly. Now I need to find myself a helmet in korea to last the rest of my holiday. The Semi MX is back in my bedroom in england >_<

(N) RIP I will try to wear my helmet more.

DO...OR DO NOT...THERE IS NO "TRY" (N)

seriously though, how many more of these kind of accidents do we need before people wise up? i'm sick of people saying shit like:

"i don't wear my helmet all the time, i don't wear it when i go down the shops" etc

here's a fact guys: you are NOT wearing a helmet because you expect to be crashing every few rides. You are wearing it because you expect one bad crash in 6 years. It's all about one crash, but since you don't know when it'll happen, you have to always wear it.

(quoted from blushark's FAQ on TrialsOnline.com)

and it's as simple as that.

if anyone uses the "but i look a twat in a helmet" excuse, then you should sell your bike and sit inside all day, because i don't wanna hear how you were the next kid to get killed doing the sport he loved all because he didn't wear a helmet.

UCI and BIU rules state that you HAVE to wear a helmet for competitions. it makes sense to wear one for riding ANYWHERE. i have a basic rule that i don't even swing my leg over my bike without a helmet on - and i stick to that rule because YOU NEVER KNOW when you're gonna have that fatal/near fatal/coma inducing crash.

and if your head is too hot in a pisspot, get a more vented helmet, like a Xen or an E2 - there is NO EXCUSE.

(and for anyone now saying; "but a Xen costs 125" ask yourself how much your life is worth? how much is your ability to feed yourself worth? if it's less than 125 then you have my sympathy)

DO...OR DO NOT...THERE IS NO "TRY" (N)

seriously though, how many more of these kind of accidents do we need before people wise up? i'm sick of people saying shit like:

"i don't wear my helmet all the time, i don't wear it when i go down the shops" etc

here's a fact guys: you are NOT wearing a helmet because you expect to be crashing every few rides. You are wearing it because you expect one bad crash in 6 years. It's all about one crash, but since you don't know when it'll happen, you have to always wear it.

(quoted from blushark's FAQ on TrialsOnline.com)

and it's as simple as that.

if anyone uses the "but i look a twat in a helmet" excuse, then you should sell your bike and sit inside all day, because i don't wanna hear how you were the next kid to get killed doing the sport he loved all because he didn't wear a helmet.

UCI and BIU rules state that you HAVE to wear a helmet for competitions. it makes sense to wear one for riding ANYWHERE. i have a basic rule that i don't even swing my leg over my bike without a helmet on - and i stick to that rule because YOU NEVER KNOW when you're gonna have that fatal/near fatal/coma inducing crash.

and if your head is too hot in a pisspot, get a more vented helmet, like a Xen or an E2 - there is NO EXCUSE.

(and for anyone now saying; "but a Xen costs 125" ask yourself how much your life is worth? how much is your ability to feed yourself worth? if it's less than 125 then you have my sympathy)

wise words (Y)

i USED to ride without my helmet because i didnt like way it sat on my head (nothing was wrong with it just my opinion) but recently i started wearing it when going for things i dnt normally go for, now i wear it all the time and it helps boost your confidence a bit more also.

(not taking the piss or anything or trying to be funny but) you wouldnt have sex with a protection some times and wear it others unless you were stupid and same goes for a helmet.

Edited by Synergy

We live a shit world, the guy was partaking in smethinghe realy enjoyed doing, maybe lived for it and its the thing that killed him.

I often wonder about God sometimes.

I doubt the helmet would have helped, like Mark said th helmet wouldn't have stopped internal injuries or stopped the guy breaking his neck.

I will put a black ribbon on my bike in respect as nothing ever seems fair in th cruel world.

As a dad of a little one who lives on his bike, reading this topic makes my stomach churn. I watch him learn and try bigger and harder things, he inspired me to get a trials bike an take the sport up, he lives in his lid and hopefully always will do, me however when riding on our back street do not wear a lid because i am a grown up and sh>it like that doesn't happen to a dad.

Not any more. I ride to work every day and do not wear a lid because I am always in a hurry, again not any more.

I watch you lads doing some fairly big moves, so as a parent I ask you on behalf of all your parents no matter how old you are . PLEASE PLEASE wear a lid

I do not want to have to read about some one I do know killing themselves it is, I can asure you hard enough to read about this kid who I never met.

What price do you put on a life ?

R.I.P.

Ride well in your resting place pal

John and Rob

ive just bought a xen off crc after reading this. i do that all the time, make up excuses for not wearing a helmet, now i shouldnt have any. he was unlucky, and things like that can happen to the best of people. sorry to hear bout it.

R.I.P

Real sad to hear that , i always wear my helmet and can't ride without it, it gives me all my confidence but this has made me think even stronger obout wearing one at all times.

R.I.P :(

Edited by Kyle Hinchcliffe

(N) RIP I will try to wear my helmet more.

Surely you should wear it all the time not just more.

I think this has made everyone think that one little thing can end in disaster no matter what.

Ain't a nice thing to hear and hopefully we don't have to hear it again.

I cant preach i dont wear a helmet for my road rides, and come to think of it, im in some realy dodgy situations sometimes.

life is funny.

I wont wear a helmet for road, but i will always wear a helmet for xc and trials.

we are fickle, and not invincible im afraid.

Im very sad about the news :(

I cant preach i dont wear a helmet for my road rides......I wont wear a helmet for road, but i will always wear a helmet for xc and trials.

and if this story doesn't change that, then you've got a problem - sorry

last time i looked, tarmac, concrete and the like are skull-cracking material - so why don't/won't you wear a helmet for road rides again?