How Does A Hi Roller Single Ply Compare To The Lightweight Conti's

CC12345678910

I Meant the single ply maxxis mate, sorry.

Ahh - crossed wires - no need to be sorry! I meant that I didn't think a 2.4", 870g tyre would be any thicker (and thus more puncture resistant) than a Single Ply Maxxis, since if there is more material (to make it puncture resistant) it would have to be heavier. But, it seems like there is somje voodoo magic going on somewhere in the Schwalbe factory :P

Ahh - crossed wires - no need to be sorry! I meant that I didn't think a 2.4", 870g tyre would be any thicker (and thus more puncture resistant) than a Single Ply Maxxis, since if there is more material (to make it puncture resistant) it would have to be heavier. But, it seems like there is somje voodoo magic going on somewhere in the Schwalbe factory :P

They are definitely thicker than both single ply maxxis and rubber queens, and are more like the rubber queen UST tyres. They are the same thickness all the way through unlike a lot of tyres which is probably what makes them stable. I'd say the compound is more like those DMR red shifts (supposed to be 42a but more like 60a?) than a maxxis super tacky though.

Oh and to answer the question above, wear rate is great. I used one for a year and it still had plenty of life left.

Anyone ever used the Schwalbe slick tyres? They come in various sizes (20, 24, 26) etc and go as wide as 2.35. Saw these in work the other day and wondered if it'd be good for street?

Super Moto

Big Apple

Big Apple liteskin

Edit*

Found this too. http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1078-fat-frank.html 920 grams for the 2.5 version.

Edited by Azarathal