Clean X2

Just got this to have a play with, I was toying with this or the M5 which a mates got but thought id give the Clean a try and if i can get into it again on a mod maybe get the Monty later on as it is the better bike.. Forgot how small mod feels but its at home on the technical stuff...

Some quick pics

20160621_172843_zpsaa7g4fbi.jpg

20160621_172827_zpsj26smn64.jpg

20160621_172755_zps7762gdaq.jpg

20160621_172736_zpsltgpwtld.jpg

20160621_172706_zpsf8bhlu6g.jpg

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 5

Yeah, the chain definitely seems like the weak link (ba-dum-tish) - it'd be interesting to know if Abel himself runs one, and if so how long they last/how often they're replaced.  That aside it's a solid bike.

20 hours ago, SamKidney said:

I'm happy you're on dual disc. 

I I can't stand the rear disc/front rim brake jobber everyone seems to be doing on mods now. 

Bike looks ace! 

So much better to ride for front wheel moves though as you don't get the spoke flex. That's what I ride on my mods and it feels more solid

If that's the case, why not go rear rim brake too?  Save weight, less spoke flex, etc.?  That was the part I could never really understand about the rear disc/front rim thing.  Surely if there are those benefits up front you'd get them on the rear as well?

• Like 2

To be honest i can see why some people might run a front maggie but when the hopes are bedded properley i think the bite is on par with a well set up maggie plus you can modulate it riding off camber rocks etc which i do mostly... Plus its silent!

Saying that though mine still need to bed in as there not the best at the minute..

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 1

On 26 juin 2016 at 2:47 PM, Mark W said:

If that's the case, why not go rear rim brake too?  Save weight, less spoke flex, etc.?  That was the part I could never really understand about the rear disc/front rim thing.  Surely if there are those benefits up front you'd get them on the rear as well?

Because on the rear, HS33 needs more maintenance, setting, grinding imo. I grind my rear wheel more often than my front wheel on my dual HS33 stock. Disc on the other hand holds way better and is more sought.

Also, I don't know why, but with a front disc, on a mod, I can't do any plants on the front. But I do them a lot with front HS33 though. That's just a confidence problem but I hate front disc.

Edited by Canardweb

With how my old Hope Mono Trial performed with mediocre pads and a shit disc on a mod many moons ago I can't imagine the advantage of a magura over one. My technique was shit and I solely relied on the power of the brake to hold, not the weight of me over the front wheel. 

The Trialtech/Jitsie pads on a good disc are like riding into a brick wall. 

• Like 2