Comp: Win Free Heatsink Pads!

Heatsink

There's still plenty of mileage in the PC Heatsink themes - Nice one :P My first logo was based on the gold Heatsink I had as an avatar for about 2 years. The key thing is to find a way for it to work in minimal amounts of colours (e.g. 1 if possible!)

For reference, here's the original logo by Ally Sopp:

ally_heatsink_logo.jpg

I had the heatsink simplified down to two colours with Tee shirt printing in mind, leaving the logo as black/white/orange/yellow. By having it printed on yellow Tees, it meant I only needed to have 3 print colours (3 screens made at £20 each) The £60 for screens plus the 3 prints required for each Tee meant that the logo still wasn't print friendly since they turned out too expensive to make.

Hence, it has to be 1 colour really :huh:

Keep up the good work !

Steve

You got me (Y) it was a yahoo image search.

Here you go simpler colours.

gallery_6932_1127_25440.jpg

Just my £0.02.

If this logo is to be used on the website/T-shirts/stickers/Hoodies/wherever, it is to promote the brand. Therefore, surely, to garner more attention for the company/site, having the actual company name would be better instead of some random choice of initials which no-one has used before? Not picking on Tomm here or anything, but I haven't ever heard anyone refer to Heatsink as "HSB" before, so wouldn't it make more sense to have "Heatsink Bikes" or just "Heatsink" as the dominant feature of the logo, so that people actually know what it is?

Meh...

Just my £0.02.

If this logo is to be used on the website/T-shirts/stickers/Hoodies/wherever, it is to promote the brand.  Therefore, surely, to garner more attention for the company/site, having the actual company name would be better instead of some random choice of initials which no-one has used before?  Not picking on Tomm here or anything, but I haven't ever heard anyone refer to Heatsink as "HSB" before, so wouldn't it make more sense to have "Heatsink Bikes" or just "Heatsink" as the dominant feature of the logo, so that people actually know what it is?

Meh...

Agreed :P

People don't know Heatsink Bikes as HSB And won't ever relate to HSB for them.

I reckon the best ones will just say Heatsink Bikes or 'Heatsink' in a cool font with some outline or something.

I'll have a dable tomorrow, or rather, Rich will :)

Wasn't having a go Tomm :) Was just using you as an example. I thought it was kinda sketchy with HB too, but again 'cos of the Hoffman Bikes thing, but also 'cos if a trials rider said to you "What d'you think of HB?" you'd be a bit "What?" People just know what Heatsink is about, and it's already got a sort of corporate identity in a way, so just changing the logo but keeping the actual name would make more sense?

Also, Heatsink Bikes is exactly that, Heatsink Bikes, not pads. So wouldn't it be better to do an all round logo, not one that has a set of pads in it, or just a booster?

I can't design logo's for shit, so i won't be trying, but just thought i would add that.