British Championship This Weekend

Scotty Evil1

Well seeing as no one else as botherd posting anymore info, and you guys have the right to know whats going on, ill tell you what i know!

I was told yesterday at the essex trial that the british championship round this weekend is deffinatly at kelly farm, all the people who enterd the round that was cancelled will have their entrys forwarded to this round.

Do people think trials rider are phschic :S haha

There is a STOP PRESS notice on the front page of UKBIKETRIAL site saying kelly farm this weekend, it's only been theresince Sunday afternoon.Still no mention of it on the calendar, still says Bracken rocks & no entry form for it. :sick:

However, If there are not many entries at least the local riders will have a chance. :P

Edited by SamMonty

Looks to me as though it is a conspiricy so the locals can actually win something :lol:

On a serious note though do the powers that be in Japan or wherever actually know how bad things have got over here, it is a joke. :angry:

british rounds this year have been such a mess.

im really enjoying all other comps though !! so its ok,

but if the brit rounds are like this again next year it going to be really REALLY dissapointing !!!!

i thought that this year the brits was gonna be ace !

and i was dubious about the other, 'fake' british rounds run by barbara/fred ect...

BUT they have been AMAZING !!

both blackpool AND brimham were briliant comps with great sections and loads of riders.

lets hope that next year,the ACTUAL british rounds are more like the blackpool/brimham events of this year !!!

iolo.

PEOPLE FFS WAKE UP!!

All this stinks!

Here’s a few facts for you.

Bracken rocks land owner (information from land owners own mouth) was notified around 3 weeks ago that the venue would not be required as the comp was to run at Kelly, (not Kelly’s), farm.

So for all that time the “democratically elected committee” has allowed their electorate to make accommodation reservations, book time off and involve themselves in whole raft of arrangements to allow them selves to compete at a venue in Derbyshire.

The competition has been scraped for three weeks. The venue has been cancelled for three weeks. Those that could afford the time or the travelling expense of attending an event in Derbyshire may not be able now to afford a trip to Devon, especially as;

The last Trial in Devon was cancelled at a moments notice.

Some lost accommodation fees,

Some lost £50, £60 - £90 in fuel having already made the journey, that money is lost now.

Many competitors will have already made their accommodation bookings for Derbyshire, some will have lost that money – who the hell can afford to go to Devon?

Will the Trial be cancelled again, no one knows.

There are two Championships running.

One has run two events the other four.

The group that has run two events provided a good comp at Hook woods (it would be hard not to), then a complete and utter disaster in Wales, with no toilets, no food, no observers at the start, very few entries, and most importantly, NO FIRST AIDER! Potentially putting the few that attended at risk. Who wants to shit, starve or die in a Welsh quarry?

A competition has been cancelled.

Entry forms are unavailable.

Total number attending this groups championship 51, plus 4 guest class riders. link to results

The other group has run four well organised competitions at a wide range of venues. The three key facilities (toilets, food and first aid), have always been provided.

The events have been well advertised, they have taken place where and when stated. Entry forms have always been available well in advance and results easy to access.

Total number attending this groups championship 87, plus 37 guests. link to results

So which is the true championship? Surely the better supported one.

So, comp riders, are you happy with those that have taken control of the BIU? We live in a democracy, without your support they have nothing. Make your thoughts Known,

Email the EBU libor.musil@liko-s.cz

Email the BIU b-trial@ztv.ne.jp

and even the Monty factory e-bike@monty.es

Its up to you – do you want the same again next year?

Infact here's a list of all the delegates delegates

GET WRITING

Edited by rugbyman

PEOPLE FFS WAKE UP!!

All this stinks!

Here’s a few facts for you.

Bracken rocks land owner (information from land owners own mouth) was notified around 3 weeks ago that the venue would not be required as the comp was to run at Kelly, (not Kelly’s), farm.

So for all that time the “democratically elected committee” has allowed their electorate to make accommodation reservations, book time off and involve themselves in whole raft of arrangements to allow them selves to compete at a venue in Derbyshire.

The competition has been scraped for three weeks. The venue has been cancelled for three weeks. Those that could afford the time or the travelling expense of attending an event in Derbyshire may not be able now to afford a trip to Devon, especially as;

The last Trial in Devon was cancelled at a moments notice.

Some lost accommodation fees,

Some lost £50, £60 - £90 in fuel having already made the journey, that money is lost now.

Many competitors will have already made their accommodation bookings for Derbyshire, some will have lost that money – who the hell can afford to go to Devon?

Will the Trial be cancelled again, no one knows.

There are two Championships running.

One has run two events the other four.

The group that has run two events provided a good comp at Hook woods (it would be hard not to), then a complete and utter disaster in Wales, with no toilets, no food, no observers at the start, very few entries, and most importantly, NO FIRST AIDER! Potentially putting the few that attended at risk. Who wants to shit, starve or die in a Welsh quarry?

A competition has been cancelled.

Entry forms are unavailable.

Total number attending this groups championship 51, plus 4 guest class riders. link to results

The other group has run four well organised competitions at a wide range of venues. The three key facilities (toilets, food and first aid), have always been provided.

The events have been well advertised, they have taken place where and when stated. Entry forms have always been available well in advance and results easy to access.

Total number attending this groups championship 87, plus 37 guests. link to results

So which is the true championship? Surely the better supported one.

So, comp riders, are you happy with those that have taken control of the BIU? We live in a democracy, without your support they have nothing. Make your thoughts Known,

Email the EBU libor.musil@liko-s.cz

Email the BIU b-trial@ztv.ne.jp

and even the Monty factory e-bike@monty.es

Its up to you – do you want the same again next year?

Infact here's a list of all the delegates delegates

GET WRITING

why dont you stop bitching each other and start working together and making trials what it used to be... its doing no good you coming on here trying to make the "fake" british look better than the "propper" rounds when its all a mess anyway. your all as bad as each other if you ask me... grow up and start thinking about making british what they used to be and stop trying to compete against each other, its pathetic now.

Edited by James_Porter

its doing no good you coming on here trying to make the "fake" british look better than the "propper" rounds when its all a mess anyway.

Some interesting comments made here;

James Porter, you say its all a mess, in what way are the events I help to organise a mess?

Some interesting comments made here;

James Porter, you say its all a mess, in what way are the events I help to organise a mess?

fred, i have only been to one of your events... blackpool. for a british round it still wasnt up to standard IN MY OPIONION! there was no tape, riders were going anyway they could to get through sections and for a comp that is sposed to show off the uks best to the public this wasnt as good as it could be, i thought anyway.

dont get me wrong im not slating what anyone is doing... but the two commities(sp) need to stop trying to compete against each other and start working together.

Edited by James_Porter

fred, i have only been to one of your events... blackpool. for a british round it still wasnt up to standard IN MY OPIONION! there was no tape, riders were going anyway they could to get through sections and for a comp that is sposed to show off the uks best to the public this wasnt as good as it could be, i thought anyway.

dont get me wrong im not slating what anyone is doing... but the two commities(sp) need to stop trying to compete against each other and start working together.

Well you can’t keep all the people happy all the time. James, you are first person to complain about the Blackpool event, you must have very high standards. I set the sections with the knowledge that tape would not be used, so I placed the markers in such a way that looping out would not be an advantage. You spectated, a difficult perspective from which to judge a section, I am sorry you were disappointed with what you saw, any comments from you on the “official” series? Or is that perfectly satisfactory in your eyes?

We will run another comp at Blackpool, again without tape.

im really not bothered anymore, so im now keeping out of it... obviously my opinion is no good.

kelly farm is between mortonhampstead and bovey tracy... cant think what the road name is a385 or summat

Sorry to hear that James, I was looking forward to your comments on the official series.

who the hell can afford to go to Devon?

Who wants to shit, starve or die in a Welsh quarry?

do you want the same again next year?

1. i dont actually think i can.

2.noone

3.NO ! ! ! !

i am really not taking sides, and im strongly with james on the fact that

the two groups need to start getting together for the sake of UK competitive trials !

there has been a massive and blatant drop in the amount of people entering the british championships.

big shame, and im REALLLLYYYY hoping numbers will be back up next year.

iolo.

well we got a phone call a bit earlier tonight to say its at kelly farm (cor thanks for that) dont know who phoned ,like i said in an earlier post already booked b n b for matlock and cant get my money back so thanks for that well chuffed (not).

we as a family have been to all the uk nationals (nbtc) and in my opinon they have made the official british championship look very amateur , the lack of organisation and communication has been appalling.

a really dissapointed

sheridan family.

a really dissapointed

sheridan family.

and i'm sure you're not the only ones!

as for you mr porter, when you're involved in setting out trials then you can complain! you didn't even enter the trial!

READ PEOPLES COMMENTS

please show me a thread where people praise the official biketrial championship.

i made my post because it is factual! I don't appreciate being deemed pathetic when all i've done is my best for the sport.

perhaps you'd do better james answering fred rather ducking the issue

and i'm sure you're not the only ones!

as for you mr porter, when you're involved in setting out trials then you can complain! you didn't even enter the trial!

READ PEOPLES COMMENTS

please show me a thread where people praise the official biketrial championship.

i made my post because it is factual! I don't appreciate being deemed pathetic when all i've done is my best for the sport.

perhaps you'd do better james answering fred rather ducking the issue

im not "ducking" the issue, its aload of quack if you ask me.

Somebody close this topic please before the shit gets stirred some more.

Why should we have to 'take sides' at all? Why the f**k can't everyone just get over this shitstorm and try resolving whatever issues are braking the UK comp trials scene apart? The Euro/World organisers must be pissing themselves hearing all the crap that's going on in our national comps.

Quack.

The Euro/World organisers must be pissing themselves hearing all the crap that's going on in our national comps.

A little like those that attended the Welsh round!

To be serious Dave, those in Europe and the rest of the World know just what is going on. I expect they are wondering why the U.K. fielded such a small team for the Euro's and is about to field its smallest team for many years at the Worlds - no communication or team spirit, when will the U.K. team list for the Worlds be made public?

You rode at hook woods, that trial set a standard that events (sorry event) that followed could not live up to. Had you attended I would challenge you to defend the situation. The organisation of Trials events was taken out of the hands of those that gave riders good comps in previous years, including the 2005 World championship. When people have worked hard to provide good events what do you expect them to do if one door is closed? The answer is obvious, the variety of venues, organisation and attendance speak for themselves.

i havent attended ANY british rounds at all this year.

i would have been at fort william, but happened to be in australia for 3 weeks at the time (although im sure id have whooped arse :D) haha)). However i am involved in running a trials series in scotland, THE ONLY ONE IN FACT, and i know how hard it is to sort, and how hard it is to do anything when a venue is cancelled.

However, to the 'leaders' of the two trials series, i dont want to make any friends / take sides / make foes / judge either series, however the whole predicament of the 'two' british series is absolutely HILARIOUS.

By hilarious, i mean, sarcastically as if to say, WHAT THE HELL is going on. There is so much confusioin, no-one really knows what is going on (me and the other organisers of the scottish series regularly discuss it and still have no idea what so ever), we need some clarity, we need a SINGLE series. Run by the group of people who know what they are doing, you guys who made up the BRITISH comittee at the start of the trials season seem to have fallen out over things that aren't trials, and maybe dont like each other in some way shape or form, however one group needs to back down.

This is my opinion, it is no wonder we have a small field of riders to choose for the europeans, and an even smaller group for the worlds, but seriously, sort it out. If it means cancelling events to sit down and discuss it then do it. It needs to be sorted out, we have some of the BEST riders in the world, and some that could be prospective world champions, but all this bull**** is just ruining the FUN of our sport.

ta

ben

Hey Fred,

I don't see why anyone should be defending any situations though. From what I've heard the comps you've put on have been very well received with good turnouts etc. I guess if they had been official Brit rounds (please note, that's in no way a dig, just a statement for want of a better phrasing), they may have lost a bit of their carefree fun character because of the weight and seriousness with which a lot of riders (not me...) take such comps when Worlds rankings are involved.

I'm also happy to admit that all things considered, the people running the official series certainly haven't exactly helped things with this recent episode... I couldn't make the first Kelly Farm date due to doing the Beaulieu demo's but if I'd known when it was going to be held I would've liked to enter as I'm free this weekend. Ah well.

What I'm saying, and I'd like to think that there isn't a single person (rider/organiser) who wouldn't agree, is that trials is far too small to have all this in-fighting. Things have always been run very well and professionally in the past, by all those involved, with each club putting on one or two Nationals per year and I just wish things would get back to how they used to be. I thought when the UK held it's first World round a couple of years back that things could only go up but it seems I was wrong.

Surely the differences between the two 'factions' are not too big to overcome and something really needs to be done before next year before the whole National comp scene implodes...

Dave