Its Not Knurling And Its Not Grinding But...

munkee

Someone in the thread said that its not the same as the onza ones, since they only seemed to work in one direction hence why the idea was ditched. Seems to go on about it not being knurling since its cuts and not actual impression in the rim. So sounds like half grind/half knurl type of properties going on producing a tarp.. whatever the f**k that is.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Nah, hardness isnt the deciding factor when it comes to brake pad wear/performance... I've used pads made from material that's softer than Plaz for 12 hours on a harsh grind, with no detectable wear (using digital vernier) (well, tell a lie, it was about 0.05mm or something).

Damn brake pads being so complicated.

My koxx yellows have gone 2 months without any noticeable wear on a grind, beat that (Y)

When are you going to bring out these super pads then tarty? Been waiting months!

Bah, damn your secret edit tool.

Edited by Hobnobs

Id love to see it try and wear down my famous brown bloxx literally the hardest things known to man bar diamond (unless i set them up wrong on the front with them pointing inwards... oops) ive had them for longer than i can remember infact i don't even remember where i bought them from.

i'm sure some guys at onza or supercycles was testing it out on some new onza rims which were knurled but ditched it when they'd started going through pads at a stupid speed. and i think they tried a range of pads.

Edited by trialsking 55

i have combined a mixture of Smooth and Medium grind on my rim. Basically 1 side is smooth with small amount of tar and the other side is ground , also with small amount of tar. i am using hs33, with rb lever (with custom seals) and Echo Team booster.. And my back brake locks like a stick through the spokes!! its power is truly unbeliavalbe!

Ry

(Y)

i have combined a mixture of Smooth and Medium grind on my rim. Basically 1 side is smooth with small amount of tar and the other side is ground , also with small amount of tar. i am using hs33, with rb lever (with custom seals) and Echo Team booster.. And my back brake locks like a stick through the spokes!!  its power is truly unbeliavalbe! 

Ry

:huh:

the tar is the reason for your brake being so good, not because you have custom seals and an rb lever with an echo booster and a light and medium grind :P

imo :P

im sure onza brought out a rim like this?

i saw it on there site while ago it was more curved cuts thou think it may be better for getting water of the rim,

looks cool thou, dont know how long pads would last :huh:"

the tar is the reason for your brake being so good, not because you have custom seals and an rb lever with an echo booster and a light and medium grind 

imo :P

and how do you know that for certain?? do you ride MY bike?i have used tar for ages now, and yes, my brake was good but not perfect. i ground the rim TODAY! and the difference was immediatly noticable. The Custom rb seal setup is basically my own way of stopping the thing from leaking, which will improve power as pressure is not lost through leaks. the booster stops my frame from flexing and enables my pads to push on the rim with a much harder force resulting in more power.

By posting my brake setup it enables people to see what i am using incase they need any ideas on creating there own brake setup, Not to boast or anything else.

If you can get a standard Hs33 on an orange zero to work as nice and as powerful as mine while still retaining a good 'Solid' feel to the lever by just using a little bit of tar, then please show me and ill eat my words. :huh:

Edited by RyanRs