C I Trials - A Lil Curb Vid...

skandy32

heres our vid for the comp. Just thought i'd make my own topic though, as i would like to hear some feedback.....

7.21mbs big

1min long

.wmv file

enggooodildo link here

music = MJ - smooth criminal! :)

Personally i would definatley say this is worth the download!! i like it very much!

riders,

me (andy)

sam (nichols_sam)

i used that 'bullettime' technique in bits.... :) , you'll c!!

all feedback welcome, i want lots please!! good or bad!!

cheers

andy

(N)

God damn it. Me and my lazyness. I suggest this to brendan ages ago, even had it planned out, then got lazy. Now 2 people have gone and done it. Me doing it now will just be wank and pointless. (N)

However, you have done it very well indeed, and the riding was actually pretty damn good.

Quality was pretty shocking though.

Well done indeed.

cheers for the feedback! for once people like a video i made! :lol:

reason being it was taken with a digi still cam, and compressed. But i didnt think it was too bad for the size of file.... :P

keep up the comments people!

cheers

andy

:S

How did you do the Bullit time technique then?? :S

with lots of cameras or moving the camera and shooting it again

Personally. i only used the one camera. you will have to get the rider, to do the same trick, in the same place over and over.

I had 17 different camera positions, which were all the exact same distance from the object, all centred on the same object. (the stones i used to mark each camera postion created a nice perfect semi-circle around the object)

Then for each postion, i recorded him doing the trick twice (just incase one was wrong). So he had to 180 off the curb 34odd times! good practise though.

Then you find the same frame from each position. Stick em together and hey presto a cool shot!

The more "the same" you can get the rider, and what the camera focuses / centres on, the better and smoother the overall outcome!

hope that makes sense. i could draw a diagram if needbe!

Twas thinking of filling the movie with this techinque, but its takes a hell of a lot of time! both filming and editing!

cheers for the comments! :P

Thanks for the comments guys :S

The riding wasn't as good as it could be because we didn't have lots of time and some grumpy lady kept telling us to clear off... Oh well :lol:

Glad you like it though, we'll have to make a nice CI-Trials vid sometime soon... So keep your eyes open :P

Chars, Sam

ding ding ding!!! we have a winner!!

really nice vid guys. great choice of music! :P

I'm really appreciating the editing to the music. worked really well, and it was within the minute guideline. Spot on.

although the quality was bad it didn't get boring at all, which counts for a lot. I'd rather watch a vid of this quality which was well thought out, rather than an amazing quality vid with no thought gone into the edit.

Top Job. :S

God damn it. Me and my lazyness. I suggest this to brendan ages ago, even had it planned out, then got lazy. Now 2 people have gone and done it. Me doing it now will just be wank and pointless. :lol:

However, you have done it very well indeed, and the riding was actually pretty damn good.

Well done indeed.

3 people Si... Steve, Fred, These guys :P 1,2,3 :lol:

Top job guys :lol:

Liked the editing at the end where the wording lights up, just like the paving in the sc vid :lol: well done :P

James :S

wow guys i'm really stoked about your comments! :">

cheers!!

It was a gamble sticking it to M Jackson, but i just wanted to be different! Glad to see it works.

And if you seriously think i'm in with a chance of winning!? When does the comp end? lol!

EDIT::

3 people Si... Steve, Fred, These guys :S 1,2,3 :P

really? i only seen mine and one called "bullettime.wmv", can someone link me the third? greatly appriechated(sp!)

Edited by skandy32

Proper good fella! I remember seeing photos of the Giant with the Sus on... have I started summot? :P ..doubt it.

Overall mint video, love Jackson's tunes long time. Riding was good, great editing!

Quality was pretty good for a stills camera. (Y)

Jonny.

Wish people would stop bitching about the quality, theres nothing that can be done about it. Wait till i do mine that will be poor quality. Good vid, that bullet time must have taken a bit of effort and time (Y)

To be onist there was not really anything wrong with the quality looked good to me. I like the editing was really good (Y) riding was also very good to, liked the bullet time was good to watch played that bit more then once because i think it is that impressive.

Nice video in all want to see a full one now ^_^

Gaz :P

Proper good fella!  I remember seeing photos of the Giant with the Sus on... have I started summot? :P ..doubt it.

hehe, well actually Luis, Andy and myself have all used sus before... and I do believe it was as far back as when you first got your DB which means we were the trend setters... kind of... not at all actually... meh.

Cheers for all the encouraging replies though guys, really is nice - we were a bit worried about how well it would go down :">

Looks like there will defo have to be a full length movie at some point... (Y)

wow guys i'm really stoked about your comments!  :">

cheers!!

It was a gamble sticking it to M Jackson, but i just wanted to be different! Glad to see it works.

And if you seriously think i'm in with a chance of winning!? When does the comp end? lol!

EDIT::

really? i only seen mine and one called "bullettime.wmv", can someone link me the third? greatly appriechated(sp!)

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/weeman/brooklyn.wmv here you go

Ours was 37 separate gaps marked with chalk using some string so its not 100% accurate and looking at your version i think ours should have been sped up a bit bit its not bad.

Oh and your vid is brill

Dan

yeah can someone shack it please  (Y)

i would, i have an account on TS, but i havnt got around to learning to use it to upload stuff yet!

i can msn it to you... if you wanna add me?

or you could sign up to engoogdildo? to take off some pressure thats on TS untill they get more bandwidth!?

over 200 downloads! yippee!