Are Halfords Actually Retards

B.E.A.U

Ok. i have had to take my bike to halfords and have my cables cut down, front wheel trued (stupid car), and front disk reblead.And they took my rear maggie apart for some reason. Anyways i got a phone call today saying i need a new maggie cus i have water in mine and if i want it fixed the ywill have to strip it clean it dry it with special stuff. and i should always use maggie fluid. i found thi sso funny because there are so many people who use water, and i find it better. Ow plus they said my front brake was fine evan though it leaked over the floor lol.

It all depends which halfords you go to. there not usually as bad as people think, in the store i used to work at most of the bike hut had a lot of experiece with our own bikes, so knew our stuff.

The main problem is if i store can't find trained people, then yes, all they will be able to do is build bikes from boxes and sell them.

There is a training course, but its like once a year (or maybe 6 months) but only one person from the department can go.

Halfords are pretty poor by the way the deal with repairs.

Well, the one I work at is.

We book them in, and then they pretty much do them whenever, it's not always the staffs fault that the new parts don't come in whatever.

When a new componant is needed, we have to ring head office, sort it out with them first, before we ring the companies or whetever, and then get the componants.

But some companies are slower then others, so the customers may have to wait a long while before the repair is done.

Anyhoo, if you were having your hoses cutting down, surely they would have to take the magura apart, and re-bleed it.

And because Halfords have been told/trained etc to use bleed kits, and Magurs Olive, that's what they'll do.

And to keep the customer happy, they'll do the best job they can.And to do this with you, they would have to dry out the magura etc, To keep it in fully working.

You could just ask them to cut the hose down, put it all back together without a bleed, so you could do it yourself.

For the future, learn how to repair your bike yourself, It doesn't cost anything (labour wise) and will take half the time.

i have taken my bike to halfords and they take about 4 weeks to do a simple job. my mate took his mountain bike in t ofix a puncture and triuing his back wheel. he had a phone call 3 weeks later saying he needed to buy a new inner tube. Lmao RETARDS!!

Hi spunkey_monkey_boy how are you i havn't seen or spoke to you in ages.

The halfords store that I work at is pretty good, although they don't touch most of the repairs without asking me for some reason, and theres a simple guy who works there, nigel, he always get customers to speak to me about anything related to bmx's or bikes over £300 or any parts ? :closedeyes:

Never mind, if you can take it to your local bike shop, I also work at mine, although its more of a performance bike shop we do loads of repairs and its a damn sight cheaper than halfords.

And because Halfords have been told/trained etc to use bleed kits, and Magurs Olive, that's what they'll do.

And to keep the customer happy, they'll do the best job they can.And to do this with you, they would have to dry out the magura etc, To keep it in fully working.

You were trained?

Haha. I wasn't. Halfords suck. Turn around time for repairs everywhere I've been is shit and they're usually bodged.

Fit it yourself or take it to a good local bike shop.

Erm. Find a trials rider who's been riding a while and they'll probably do it for you for a Fiver!

And know their stuff.

I bleed all my mates brakes if they don't know how to just for free.

It only takes about 20 minutes and isn't strenuous at ALL.

Just go into your LBS and tell them that Halfords will do it for £7 and will they take that?

hah.

Erm. Find a trials rider who's been riding a while and they'll probably do it for you for a Fiver!

And know their stuff.

I bleed all my mates brakes if they don't know how to just for free.

It only takes about 20 minutes and isn't strenuous at ALL.

Just go into your LBS and tell them that Halfords will do it for £7 and will they take that?

hah.

he bled mine in middle of leeds :closedeyes: heehee (N) the local bike shop i took mine to dus'nt even know how to spell magura never mind bleed a brake

oh... i went to hellfrauds once and asked for a magura bolt and they said they don't deal with magura?

the answer too your question: yeah definatly

Edited by T-BAD

i have taken my bike to halfords and they take about 4 weeks to do a simple job. my mate took his mountain bike in t ofix a puncture and triuing his back wheel. he had a phone call 3 weeks later saying he needed to buy a new inner tube. Lmao RETARDS!!

Hi spunkey_monkey_boy how are you i havn't seen or spoke to you in ages.

who is it? you wont have seen me because i live in liverpool now :closedeyes:

dont get ur brakes blead at halfords cus they suck.. i asked for maggies to be blead and when i got my bike back the brakes were less spungy before they got blead.. they must have done like a half oil and half air mixture..lol idiots neways i argued my point with them and after about half an hour i finaly got my £ back. the moral of this story is: HALFORDS SUCK..