Are Halfords Actually Retards

B.E.A.U

my local bike shop which is portswood cycles fareham.

they charge £5 for a re- bleed.

but they are pretty poor on ordering things into the shop,

because my mate he split his brake and he whent in there and they ordered

some more fluid and when they got it after a couple of weeks they bled it then

put the fluid in and they ran out of fuid lol.

so they ordered a 50ml bottle, that took another week,

then it took them ages to actually do it.

they are pretty slack on things like that. cos they keep on forgetting things.

i think he means for bike related stuff? cos they sell a shizzle load of car stuff (altho they seem to know jackshit about that too :P)

also its a household name, most of the general public dont know what they are doing when it comes to car and bike stuff, so they gather they must be good it seems, so halfords keep getting custom

Screw going to halfords again my brother bought a bike from there and every time he rode it the derailleir(sp?) got caught in the back wheel and ripped it to pieces. He kept taking it back, they kept fixing it and it kept braking in the end he tried to take the bike back but they said they wouldnt give him his money back because he had put a new deraillier on it! WTF

Screw going to halfords again my brother bought a bike from there and every time he rode it the derailleir(sp?) got caught in the back wheel and ripped it to pieces. He kept taking it back, they kept fixing it and it kept braking in the end he tried to take the bike back but they said they wouldnt give him his money back because he had put a new deraillier on it! WTF

morel of this story= never get a bike from halfords :P

Anyhoo, if you were having your hoses cutting down, surely they would have to take the magura apart, and re-bleed it.

And because Halfords have been told/trained etc to use bleed kits, and Magurs Olive,

Firstly, you don't have to bleed a brake if you're cutting the hoses down unless you've got Parkinsons and can't hold the hose properly.

Secondly, what do Magura olives have to do with any of this :P They'd have to use "Magurs Olive" to join the hose up again, but that doesn't have anything to do with them needlessly bleeding his brake?

I stay away from my halfords i only go there when i need to buy something like a set of allen keys etc. But my local bike shop is quite good, they roughly :P know what there talking about, sell hish spec bikes and offer good cheap repairs. The only bad thing about them is the fact that they take like 2 months to get stuff in.

Firstly, you don't have to bleed a brake if you're cutting the hoses down unless you've got Parkinsons and can't hold the hose properly.

Secondly, what do Magura olives have to do with any of this :) They'd have to use "Magurs Olive" to join the hose up again, but that doesn't have anything to do with them needlessly bleeding his brake?

What? haha, I seriously don't remember putting Magura olive...Was meant to put something else.

Didn't think about just holding the hoseupwards, to stop all liquid coming out, and air in (that what you mean?)

Sorry... :P

B)

When i first bought my bike i went for a ride and decided to buy some dmr pedals to replace my crappy plastic ones, i bought them from halfords and asked if i could borrow an adjustable spanner so i could fit them, they said no so i took the bike inside the shop and asked them to do it for me. he wanted £3 up front and then started to tighten the old pedals!

i told him he was going the wrong way and he had a go at me for telling him how to do his job, he tried my way and funnily enough it worked.... on one pedal. He had tightened the other one up so much he couldn't get it undone. :P

So I went to my mates house and borrowed an adjustable spanner off him.

The guy didn't give me the money back until i got the store supervisorey type person either, dispite the fact he hadn't actually managed to do what i payed him to. :)

halfords staff are generally retards. They do have good puncture repair kits though, and its nice to go look at all the shiny bike parts.

Why do you even bother talking about halfrauds, they bellong to boots (yes, realy the place you go for hairgel and shampoo and fun smelly things)! there just a silly little backup for boots when people decide they don't want hairgel and medicine, ohnest to god! ask ur business studies teacher (if u have one...)

Why do you even bother talking about halfrauds, they bellong to boots (yes, realy the place you go for hairgel and shampoo and fun smelly things)! there just a silly little backup for boots when people decide they don't want hairgel and medicine, ohnest to god! ask ur business studies teacher (if u have one...)

i will actually mate. will be funny if its true.

morel of this story= never get a bike from halfords (Y)

I bought a bike from Halfords, it's good. Admittedly it is a road bike, but it's pretty good for the money. I do agree though, they mostly have no idea about decent bikes. But that's not what they do, they sell bikes for the general public, not enthusiasts. I would never in a million years let them look at my bike though, the last time I went in I was seen by a guy who looked about 13 (Y)

What? haha, I seriously don't remember putting Magura olive...Was meant to put something else.

Didn't think about just holding the hoseupwards, to stop all liquid coming out, and air in (that what you mean?)

Sorry... (Y)

:P

Nah, 'cos the fluid can't come out :) 'cos it can't move out 'cos it'd be creating a vacuum inside the tube, which it can't do. So you cut it, and no oil comes out. Sorted. So you just undo the hose bolt at the lever, trim off excess, slide on new olive, tighten up bolt. Done (Y)

Helfrauds haven't been owned by boots for around a year. They are a private company hence there on the stock market.

now now now stop abusing halfords just because you one is full of dickheads if thats the right term but my local halfords is ok as my mate works there on a saturday so if i brake my bike i can go there and fix it for free :)

also i got aload of stuff there from my mate i seriously dont no how he hasent got fired yet (Y)

but my question is why didnt you fix your brake or go to a bike shop and why did the idiots look at your rear brake (Y)

cheers ric

now now now stop abusing halfords just because you one is full of dickheads if thats the right term but my local halfords is ok as my mate works there on a saturday so if i brake my bike i can go there and fix it for free :)

also i got aload of stuff there from my mate i seriously dont no how he hasent got fired yet (Y)

but my question is why didnt you fix your brake or go to a bike shop and why did the idiots look at your rear brake (Y)

cheers ric

im not sure why they looked at my rear brake. But i was told by a numerous amount of people not to do a disk myself its better to get halfords to do it. Plus my lbs is wank i would rather let a small bling man look at my bike than them. they told me not to ride my coust i should get a norco, also not to grind my rim. wtf :P

See, My local bike shop is in the know :P :ermm:

I would rather go there than my local halfords, when i was first starting out at trials i was shopping around for a mod bike ( I now ride stock :ermm: ) And i asked if they had any trials bikes, and the guy said "A trials bike?, Whats that?" Sooooooo i came to the conclusion that my LBS'S Limited knowledge of trials is probably a bit better than halfords's O-level reject workers at my local place (I'm saying at my LOCAL Place, So no offence to holroyd,Nadine,Cls, or anyone that works\worked at halfords once) :lol:

I went to a bike shop in a town near here with my BMX. The guy said "Oh, that's unusual. Is that a trick bike?"

A f**king BMX...

Lmao i went to a bike shop in the peak district with my kona when id snapped the spring in my rear derailler and they commented whilst they were fixing it how stupid the design was and what was the point in the big tyres and the small cranks (which were only 32-22!!) i was just like rriiiggghhhttt then, xc bike shops are dodgey!

!aNT!