Muse + Wembley Stadium = Gig Of My Life!

Mr Plod

Hey guys. Went to see Muse at Wembley Stadium last night. Got into the Golden Circle at the front. Was unreal!

The Support acts were: Rodrigo Y Gabriela who were quite awesome to be honest. Dirty Pretty Things who I thought were quite frankly the worst support I've ever seen. Then The Streets. They were brilliant. Got the crowd so hyped up and were just brilliant in general. In between the Support acts Zane Lowe was djing which was good because it was entertaining and kept the crowd entertained during the long wait.

There was heavy downpours at times and we got soaked but it soon dried up and the sun shone so it was all good.

Then came the moment we'd all been waiting for... Muse. There was a massive walkway from an elevated platform in the middle of the stadium which led to the stage (Which I have to say looked frigging awesome!).

The stage went dark and Muse appeared on the platform from the middle of the stadium and took a walk down to the stage. Was an awesome way to enter!

They then went through such an awesome set, which I can't really remember much of :P They delivered and were so awesome. The stadium was an absolute sell out and looked so awesome. It was just awe inspiring!

During blackout they had these two big balloons float up above the crowd with two women under them performing spins and flips and the likes. Muse pulled out all the stops.

After the gig was a nightmare though! about 70,000 people heading to Wembley Park Stadium sucked! Took about 45 minutes to get there and onto a train!

Anyways. I got a hell of a lot of pics and a few videos (From my mobile so quality won't be too great). I'll post them up when I get back from work later.

But yeah Was an awesome night and I don't think I will ever see a gig like that again!

Did anyone else go? If so post and tell us about your personal experience of the night...

Any questions feel free to ask. Cheers :)

Sounds excellent, nothign like a great gig to put you in a great mood. Music can move people in such massive ways - its unbelivably inspiring. Result on getting to see Rodrigo y gabriela, i had heard of them before but only just bought their album yesterday and its unbelievable, i've seen some live stuff too and they're a truly unique, great band.

Glad you had a good time, sounded excellent. I would love to see Muse live now, i was never too much of a fan before, always had a general interest but now i really like them, Matt Belamy is a pretty unique guitarist and some of the things he does to guitar, like putting a kaoss pad in them is fantastic. Look forward to seeing some of the videos!

Sounds excellent, nothign like a great gig to put you in a great mood. Music can move people in such massive ways - its unbelivably inspiring. Result on getting to see Rodrigo y gabriela, i had heard of them before but only just bought their album yesterday and its unbelievable, i've seen some live stuff too and they're a truly unique, great band.

Glad you had a good time, sounded excellent. I would love to see Muse live now, i was never too much of a fan before, always had a general interest but now i really like them, Matt Belamy is a pretty unique guitarist and some of the things he does to guitar, like putting a kaoss pad in them is fantastic. Look forward to seeing some of the videos!

It was brilliant. Rodrigo y Gabriela were well good. Amazing guitarists. As for Matt, He is brilliant at guitar. He just blows you away. He's also brilliant at piano as well.

not saying it wasn't good or anything but stadium gigs have never really appealed to me.

I thought exactly the same as you. I'd seen Muse last november at Wembley Arena and that was the gig of my life. But when we got upto Wembley Stadium and you saw the arena, it looked so small! We got inside and it wasn't till Muse came on that it was jam packed. Like every seat taken up and no room to move. I'd expected the sound to be a bit shit to be honest and to start with it wasn't great but they sorted it out and it just echoed around the stadium. The atmosphere was out of this world. I guess its something you had to be there to see and hear but it was an out of this world experience. They put on such a great show and it'll make them one of the best if not THE BEST band in the world. They can only get better in my opinion. :)

Hey guys. Went to see Muse at Wembley Stadium last night. Got into the Golden Circle at the front. Was unreal!

The Support acts were: Rodrigo Y Gabriela who were quite awesome to be honest. Dirty Pretty Things who I thought were quite frankly the worst support I've ever seen. Then The Streets. They were brilliant. Got the crowd so hyped up and were just brilliant in general. In between the Support acts Zane Lowe was djing which was good because it was entertaining and kept the crowd entertained during the long wait.

There was heavy downpours at times and we got soaked but it soon dried up and the sun shone so it was all good.

Then came the moment we'd all been waiting for... Muse. There was a massive walkway from an elevated platform in the middle of the stadium which led to the stage (Which I have to say looked frigging awesome!).

The stage went dark and Muse appeared on the platform from the middle of the stadium and took a walk down to the stage. Was an awesome way to enter!

They then went through such an awesome set, which I can't really remember much of :P They delivered and were so awesome. The stadium was an absolute sell out and looked so awesome. It was just awe inspiring!

During blackout they had these two big balloons float up above the crowd with two women under them performing spins and flips and the likes. Muse pulled out all the stops.

After the gig was a nightmare though! about 70,000 people heading to Wembley Park Stadium sucked! Took about 45 minutes to get there and onto a train!

Anyways. I got a hell of a lot of pics and a few videos (From my mobile so quality won't be too great). I'll post them up when I get back from work later.

But yeah Was an awesome night and I don't think I will ever see a gig like that again!

Did anyone else go? If so post and tell us about your personal experience of the night...

Any questions feel free to ask. Cheers :)

Firstly, how? We kept trying to work out how people had gotten in there and people must have told us about 20 different theories :lol:

I missed the rain bit... was that the downpour just before the acoustic pair at around 3.30? Luckily we were parking in a random playing fields car park at that point. Arena litterally was a stones throw away and it was free parking... BONUS!

Dirty pretty things... i mean, jesus christ... talk about up their own arse! They did the exact same thing when they supported the chilli peppers, with exactly the same line up. They just turned up... started playing a load of songs, didn't talk to the audience and waited till the very end to play the one song everyone knew.

I was really quite impressed by the streets. I didn't know what to think at first and had my doubts, but while i didn't know hardly any of the songs the general banter/audience building mid-song was great and got everyone out of the zoned out boredom DPT's had left us in.

Obviously, muse... rock on. I'll get my pics up soon too, looking forward to seeing yours, will be nice to have some from different angles and stuff mate ;)

My Girlfriend got into the Golden Circle. Apparently when she got there, it was near enough empty (even though she wasnt like one of the first there or anything, she had to queue for about two hours), apparently it is basically first come first served.

My Girlfriend got into the Golden Circle. Apparently when she got there, it was near enough empty (even though she wasnt like one of the first there or anything, she had to queue for about two hours), apparently it is basically first come first served.

That section was only half full all night :angry:

Firstly, how? We kept trying to work out how people had gotten in there and people must have told us about 20 different theories :lol:

I missed the rain bit... was that the downpour just before the acoustic pair at around 3.30? Luckily we were parking in a random playing fields car park at that point. Arena litterally was a stones throw away and it was free parking... BONUS!

Dirty pretty things... i mean, jesus christ... talk about up their own arse! They did the exact same thing when they supported the chilli peppers, with exactly the same line up. They just turned up... started playing a load of songs, didn't talk to the audience and waited till the very end to play the one song everyone knew.

I was really quite impressed by the streets. I didn't know what to think at first and had my doubts, but while i didn't know hardly any of the songs the general banter/audience building mid-song was great and got everyone out of the zoned out boredom DPT's had left us in.

Obviously, muse... rock on. I'll get my pics up soon too, looking forward to seeing yours, will be nice to have some from different angles and stuff mate ;)

Ahh we got there about 2ish. Had Gate M tickets only to get to Gate M and find it was a misprint as they wasn't allowing anyone in at Gate M. Luckily we had a mate queueing at Gate F so jumped in with him. Caught the big downpour as they was letting people in... and we walking onto the pitch and straight into Golden Circle. It was first come first serve. I think Golden Circle could hold about 7500 people or so I was told. Yeah DPT were terrible... Muse were unbelievable and those flames at the end! haha Sod being up the front for them!!! Just felt a wave of heat. Where abouts was you then? We was off to the right, about 50 ft from where Zane Lowe was DJing at the start and where all the support acts came out from...

Was a seriously immense night. One I wish I could relive. They'd best play Wembley Stadium again!

T'was first come first serve yes. Was pratically empty when we got there as well. I think it was down to the rain. We thought sod it, we're already soaked so might as well stick it out and it paid off :)

EDIT: Will whack pics up tomorrow when I return from Fields Gig as I'm slighting under the influence of alcohol at the moment so will end up buggering it up. Plus I have like 35+ pics.

Edited by College Boy

dsc01049largens8.jpg

Wembley stadium, obviously..... (Y)

dsc01050largezn1.jpg

Entering the stadium at around 4.40pm

Rodrigo Gabrielle

dsc01051largeyu9.jpg

dsc01052largehs6.jpg

Dirty pretty things

dsc01053largevh9.jpg

dsc01054largefw2.jpg

dsc01055largemz8.jpg

DSC01056Large.jpg

dsc01057largeme3.jpg

The streets

dsc01058largegh2.jpg

dsc01059largegd3.jpg

DSC01060Large.jpg

Spag hand :lol:

dsc01061largegf5.jpg

Me, Adi, Aron + muse friends

MUSE

dsc01064largetr1.jpg

Entering in clouds of torn paper.

dsc01066largeqy3.jpg

dsc01067largees2.jpg

DSC01069Large.jpg

DSC01070Large.jpg

DSC01071Large.jpg

DSC01072Large.jpg

dsc01073largesv8.jpg

dsc01074largecm3.jpg

dsc01075largewh5.jpg

dsc01076largelb3.jpg

dsc01077largeus6.jpg

DSC01078Large.jpg

DSC01079Large.jpg

DSC01081Large.jpg

DSC01083Large.jpg

DSC01086Large.jpg

dsc01087largesn9.jpg

dsc01088largejw1.jpg

dsc01089largefe8.jpg

dsc01090largewl7.jpg

DSC01091Large.jpg

dsc01092largems1.jpg

DSC01093Large.jpg

DSC01094Large.jpg

dsc01095largetw9.jpg

There you go, more to browse through, i'm suprised some of them turned out half as clear as they have, i was right next to a mosh pit... some girl broke bones in it :ermm: Notice how throughout the muse section theres still loads of room left in your "golden area", sometimes enough to fit a few picnic benches in :S

Get yours up too, i wanna see them!

Dirty Pretty Things were absolutley wasted.

Wasn't too impressed by that Rodriguez guy to be honest. Muse were ace though.

EDIT: The Streets were amazing, ive seen them live before (free tickets FTMFW) and they were awesome then aswell.

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

I went too :D on the sunday thou, so suprised they opened with knights of cydonia. The first support band on sunday where awwwsome. Shy Child. Muse where bloodey amazing, the show must have cost so much its unreal. Did the drummer have bright green torusers on on saturday? haha

I went on the sunday was amazing.

Supports on sunday were biffy clyro and MCR.

Biffy Clyro sounded bad because levels were bad and I just hate MCR anyway.

Muse bloody ruled though saw them couple years ago on Absolution tour and was good but this was amazing well worth the 4-5 hours each way travelling.

It didnt rain either so was very happy.