Apology To Libor

Waynio

Trials is about having fun out on your bike, and this forum is for people to share their oppinons, its f**king stupid that nowadays everything is becombing "liable" and all this bullshit. If its your opionon you are totally free to express it even if it is some high up boss.

There's a difference between sharing an opinion, and stating something as a fact (even if it is obvious it's an opinion). People don't seem to realise that the internet, and forums in general, can have real consequences in the real world. People have threatened to sue me twice for stuff on here, and other people have f**ked me about for stuff I've said on here, so take it from me - don't think that if you just go "__ is a f**king twat" or whatever that you'll always get away with it. Wayne made the mistake of having a go at someone on here, and now he's waiting to hear what the price is going to be (note: They haven't made their decision yet...).

It's interesting to see how friendly the trials comp scene is. People reporting riders above them to the organisers for running 'illegal' singlespeed setups so they can be bumped up positions, now people reporting what someone said to the higher authority to get them taken out of the comp scene - can really feel the love.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned football - when managers say referees made mistakes or even imply they were biased in some way, the FA come down on them like a tonne of bricks. They don't get away with anything at all. It's the same with everything, as someone earlier mentioned. If you made accusations about anyone in a position of power above you, they're liable to f**k you over in any way they can. It's how it works. As Tomm says, you've got to know when to hold your tongue.

Only met him once, but Wayne was sound as a pound. Though I can see he is someone who wouldn't hold back his opinions.

Hopefully the hearing goes well for you Wayne. Though I do worry that if a full apology is made, and full blame is taken, then what seems like the general feelings of the riders who take part in the competitive side of the sport are not being made clear. If you explain to them why you wrote what you did (in a mature, considerable manner), then maybe things will change and riders can enjoy the comps more. Obviously there needs to be rules and restraints to keep things in order (for the events and the organisations), but if you don't think these are in the best interests of the riders and the sport, then someone needs to speak up and let it be put forward for consideration. Maybe get some comments from other riders, stating where they think the organisation(s) are lacking to take with you to the hearing. Let them know you aren't just one person shooting your mouth off, but the voice of many more with the same feelings who aren't necessarily enjoying the comp circuit as much as they could.

All the best (keep your head)

Smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

There's a difference between sharing an opinion, and stating something as a fact (even if it is obvious it's an opinion). People don't seem to realise that the internet, and forums in general, can have real consequences in the real world. People have threatened to sue me twice for stuff on here, and other people have f**ked me about for stuff I've said on here, so take it from me - don't think that if you just go "__ is a f**king twat" or whatever that you'll always get away with it. Wayne made the mistake of having a go at someone on here, and now he's waiting to hear what the price is going to be (note: They haven't made their decision yet...).

It's interesting to see how friendly the trials comp scene is. People reporting riders above them to the organisers for running 'illegal' singlespeed setups so they can be bumped up positions, now people reporting what someone said to the higher authority to get them taken out of the comp scene - can really feel the love.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned football - when managers say referees made mistakes or even imply they were biased in some way, the FA come down on them like a tonne of bricks. They don't get away with anything at all. It's the same with everything, as someone earlier mentioned. If you made accusations about anyone in a position of power above you, they're liable to f**k you over in any way they can. It's how it works. As Tomm says, you've got to know when to hold your tongue.

As a rule of thumb, if i'll say it in real life, in general or to the person, i'll say it on here.

Hmmm

Maybe this thread is an actual genuine apology?

Or maybe its just a way of starting up the old arguement all over again?

Silly really, whats the point? If you going to apologise wouldnt you send a letter or email to the person concerened? I Know i would, this does seem to me like a post to restart/Carry on the arguement posted earlier in the year. Although Wayne hasnt actually said anything directly to kick it all off again im pretty sure he knew everyone would react in the way they have and i feel it all croping back up again now. (N)

Dan

Edited by sundance

Although Wayne hasnt actually said anything directly to kick it all off again im pretty sure he knew everyone would react in the way they have and i feel it all croping back up again now. (N)

I doubt Wayne was that calculated to be honest. He probably just came on here to vent his frustration and get some sympathy more than anything else...

I doubt Wayne was that calculated to be honest. He probably just came on here to vent his frustration and get some sympathy more than anything else...

yeah waynes thick as shit, he wouldn't have thought like that. He's just a nice yorkshire simpleton boy lol. :shifty:

Love you wayny!! x x x

People don't seem to realise that the internet, and forums in general, can have real consequences in the real world.

No i dont mean it just for the internet. I just think i have a more old school take on things, not all this "oh mummy he'll sue me bullshit" its just the way i am, i still think i see thing as and eye for and eye a tooth for a tooth you know? i mean i know it will catch up with me one day and ill have to maybe think about start growing up but for now ill stick to the opionon of, if i say something on a forum it doesnt have anything to do with the real world. Becuase i think 100% of people are different behind a keyboard to real life.

and as to FatWhiteBoy yea man i guess stuff like that is true. BUT proving you said what you said when is a very diffent thing on the net

Everyone makes mistakes, it isnt like wayne makes a habit of it, i think they need to think about it carefully before they ban him, we all know waynes a great guy, hes one of the decent guys in trials, and theres not alot of them.

Good luck wayne i hope it all goes well, il be rooting for you.

Adam. <_<

Does this mean then that I can call you all the kind of c**ts under the sun, insult your family, parentage, ancestry, ability in the bedroom and reading age and you'll not want to thump me? ;)

If it was in reason, such as i had derseved it then yes i would want to thump you, but i could see why you think this.

This is the reason i dont compete, trials shouldnt be about being better than the next person, it should be about enjoying yourself, and for some sad arsed willy to try and take trials away from someone, in my eyes is just sick.

This person is obviously blind to the real meaning of trials, needs to look beyond what he thinks he knows. I dont personally know waynio, but i do know he is a very well respected and popular trials rider.

Whatever happend to f**king democracy, why dont the supporters and fans of trials have a say in this?

Does this mean then that I can call you all the kind of c**ts under the sun, insult your family, parentage, ancestry, ability in the bedroom and reading age and you'll not want to thump me? ;)

Not really.... why would i thump someone for something they said online? some people are total dickheads online and legends in real life, and the reverse can be true as well bit OT now though i think

ok, if he wasn't bigger than you would you still answer the same :P

yea? never met him. its probably different with people who you actually know though

i had an argument with this trials rider online and was getting to the stage of going round his house and straightening things out.... then next ride he asks if i could lend him some money for a drink :S :S :S

Not really.... why would i thump someone for something they said online? some people are total dickheads online and legends in real life, and the reverse can be true as well bit OT now though i think

Imagine you're running a shop. It's just starting up and you're trying to make it as good as you can.

Now imagine someone starts posting on messageboards how shit your shop is, and how no-one should use it. You're bound to get annoyed, and it could easily f**k up your sales.

I know you aren't running a shop, and no-one's therefore said anything about it, but what people say online in various situations can have a big effect in real life. It's easy to say in a random thread like this "what people say doesn't matter", and when I meet someone in real life for the first time after knowing them online I keep an open mind 'cos they'll usually be different, but to say that stuff online doesn't mean anything is a bit too much of a generalisation.

nothing really to add to this thread that hasn't already been said.

you can churn out all the quotes or insults you like, none of it will help. whilst i agree that having repercussions over something posted on a forum may be harsh, i do believe a member on here (i know who, and most of you probably do, but i won't say anyway) lost their job for taking part in stuff on the internet. some people take things seriously.

now, i would also like to point out that you've all bandwagoned without a full set of facts and another side to the story. so just think before you dish out the nasties.

Now imagine someone starts posting on messageboards how shit your shop is, and how no-one should use it. You're bound to get annoyed, and it could easily f**k up your sales.

Happens on Trials-forum everyday people slating tarty and select, supercycles daily.....

Ask Mark Anthony what it's like to have people constantly shit talking your stuff, and how well that works out for you ;)

EDIT: And to be honest, Supercycles had to work f**king hard to get their reputation and integrity back after they started pumping out trials stuff back nearer the millennium. They made stuff that broke, and their negative reputation f**ked them up royally for the next few years. Select also seemed to go through a rough patch where people were complaining about them a lot on here, and their sales appear to have gone down judging from what people are saying on here. Whereas with Tarty, who I've never read anyone complain about on here, are going from strength to strength.

as for the shop thing, i think its been could have been difficult for tartybikes to start up. but then again the service they are renound for is highly regarded which has rated them the best trials shop around.

however, with the state of shops before... there was much to be desired.

Mr Musil, you are a twat, you really are.

When will i get a letter saying i have been banned from BIU? That's pretty much the stupidest decision i've heard about in months.

ROFLMAO - that comment prompted me to visit the water closet :lol: .

All i can say is, I wonder if the same punishment would have been given to another rider, such as Benito Ros (just an example, before i get the Spanish mafia knocking on my door). I don't think so... <_<

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE(joe b @ Jun 26 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All i can say is, I wonder if the same punishment would have been given to another rider, such as Benito Ros (just an example, before i get the Spanish mafia knocking on my door). I don't think so... <_<

What punishment are you refering to?