Pads For A Smooth Rim?

what pads are good for a smooth rim as i have just got a pair of hs33s and i find the black maggie pads crap:) i some times use tar on my rims but i like rock pads are there any other pads that are good on a smooth rim ?

thnx .james

Rock Reds and ZOO! Pads. Look on tarty, or alternatively, in the brake pad reviews thread.

if this rain ever buggers off....this summer my brake set us us going from a grind and plazz pads to a smoothe rim plazzie pads and a tad of tar........bloddy brill locking power and hold bite is super silly to...........other than them i would say zoo pads or even rock pad greens

hope this is helpful

what pads are good for a smooth rim as i have just got a pair of hs33s and i find the black maggie pads crap:) i some times use tar on my rims but i like rock pads are there any other pads that are good on a smooth rim ?

thnx .james

well theres already a thread about brake pads, but anyway, any rock pad will hold a smooth rim, only in the dry though, so if you wanted a pad for the wet/dry on asmooth rim, its going to be hard to get one, but your best bet is either a Snowy or Echo Pink!

Johny Out!

I have a pair of rocks on a smooth rim but told there better with a grind. Also the koxx browns are good so I here.

You told me you were running GREEN rocks which are made for smooth rims. Of course they will be better on a grind, but they will last about a day of hard riding.