Echo Brakes

mad_rider

Iv got a hs33 rear brake but i was just wondering if they a worth buying or not thanks jordan.

Depends what level of trials you are riding, if you are a beginer, its best to just use a well set up hs33*, rather than raping your walet, but if you are minted, Go for it!

i'd stick with the maggie, wait for the next echo model brake to come out, ive been told they have tpa bolts on each of the calipers (Y) best idea ever?

dont magura do that on some random other model, hs33 firmtech things? :S

Edited by Grant H

Bingo! Although it can only fit the Magura made forks.

I used a the new echo brake, i can't see any gains over the Magura and certainly not for the price.

cant see why they didnt put it on the normal hs33's

I've bought the echo brake and it is all good, but only get one if you got a wad of cash itching in your pocket as the other guy said!! or you brake your maggie. but they have a better pad movment as you don't have to have them so close to the rim. cos of the smaller piston in it for greater pad to lever movement. But I have to say there is one down point!!!!! buy longer screws for it as they are to short and thread your frame if your not carefull, or better still keep your maggie ones. Sy

If you have the money mate then buy one but if not and ur saving up for one etc i wuldent bother mate there no better than a normal 05/06 hs33 i think the main differance is the deng levev i would just buy a one off them lol ,i also had a problem bleeding mine at the start but then i found out that u have to bleed them upside down

all my love Mr Phythong

xx

there no better than a normal 05/06 hs33

they dont break as easy, the 4 prongs wont snap of with metal backings as easy.

the cylinders are smaller so you can have super wide trials rims and not have your cranks hit them each pedal stroke.

to me they just look like CNC'd Mags :lol:

they are, which is better

maggies break pretty easy to be fair.

I got one on ebay and it has a leaky cylinder...brand new and I couldnt use it for more than 2 hours. I'm out a lot of cash, but I guess I can send it back and get it fixed/or get a new one out of warrenty. But that could take ages...so I'm buying another in the meantime :huh:

i no of about 4 people by me who have dengs and i hate them well know i dont hate them its just i yet to find one that the pull is near minimal and not pulled to the bar and i prefer to run a water bleed than a oil bleed just because it feels smoother than oil, my suggestion buy a maggy 06 buy a deng lever get some decent pads and water bleed and i think you will be sorted

Give it a water bleed and it is damn lovely. As someone said due to the smaller piston sizes, you do not need to pull the lever as far to get the pads to move the same distance as you would on a Maggy.

The way the hose is tucked away is like the greatest idea ever, how mant people have snapped their hose at the lever on a maggy?? It is near impossible on a dengura.

The lever blade, body, calipers, mounts etc are all far superior quality to maguras too.

Anyone who has had a problem with them must be a tard as mine has worked perfect even after taking all the hose off and water bleeding it.