Xc Riding

mods

£500? CARRERA FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've got a mate who works at Hellfrauds you might be able to sort discount too, and if you feel like stretching your budget, take a look at the Voodoo bikes that are stocked in most stores.

Whats wrong with building bikes from scratch? E'bay and other forums are great places to get good quality second hand parts....

I buy a complete from Ebay, you can get some propoh bargins over there.

Yea i will have a look.

Whats wrong with building bikes from scratch? E'bay and other forums are great places to get good quality second hand parts....
Nothing is wrong with building from scratch but its cheaper to buy a complete built on a tight budget, for example:

My Marin cost me around £1000 and came with:

£300 Fox Vanilla R forks

£200 Hayes disc brakes

Thats already £500 of parts without including the:

Frame

Mavic rims on Deore hubs

Truvative crankset

Shimano Deore shifters

Shimano XT Mechs

All the other finishing gear like headset, bars, stem, tyres, seat and post etc...

Buy a scott. Dunno why I just like 'em.

or try and get hold of an old orange p7 (think that's the one) my mates dad has one and seriously it's the lightest thing in the world, would put tarty Adams Czar to shame.

or you can do what I done and buy a cheap second hand jump bike (like I did) and just wack the saddle in the air and buy a new cassette to give you more range throught the gears.

or you could not buy a Carrera as I wouldn't trust halfords to make toast, let alone a bike.

or go to Wight Mountain and see if they have anything in the second hand part of the shop, I might be able to swing you a bargain.

Edited by ReverendJQ

When I say I may be able to swing you a bargain you know I dont work there right? lol.

Just that Russ, the guy who runs it, seems to like me and is always giving me money off, even gave me a free waterbottle with my purchase of a £2 bottle cage, as well as a £75 stem for £40. so a full bike I reckon I could wangle something for you.

£500? CARRERA FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've got a mate who works at Hellfrauds you might be able to sort discount too, and if you feel like stretching your budget, take a look at the Voodoo bikes that are stocked in most stores.

I have one of them. Quality bike.

Mines been rebuilt though lol.