20" Or 26"

viper4460

Bikes aren't built for certain sized people. They're built for different feeling and advantages.

A mod is cheaper, lighter, simpler and generally a good bike to start with. It does have it's disavantages though...

Stock tends to be more hassle and expensive.

I would go with mod to start with now as it's just overall cheaper and easier to maintain in my opinion. But stock bikes are definetly alot easier to ride for me. But you should ignor that as that is my personal preference.

20 inch bikes are not for children.

There are two different classes of bikes like everyone has said, 20(mod) and 26(stock) both of which there are advantages and disadvantages. Best bet as everyone with an ounce of sense will tell you is to ride a couple. Try out your LBS and see if they have a mod to try, i'm sure they'll let you hop on it in the shop or pavement outside the shop.

I've ridden both and got to admit to enjoying 26 the most. But thats just opinion.

Its your choice!

Before you buy see if you can go and try both. Get the one that you get on best with, then go from there.

Thing being is he probably can't even backhop yet, seeing as he is just starting. So he won't have any idea how a bike 'really feels' to ride.

I am 6ft and i prefer 26" because of my hight compared to a 20" but it also helps on the lenght of the frame to get your liking

so as said above try a coulple of diffrent bikes befor you buy one to see what you like!

hope that helps

Reece

24in just to be difficult :P no really 20in is the way forward, don't take any notice of ash!

go stock, got a gU and rocks. really nice to... plus with you ash. mod are ok to though and don't beleave what alex says mate.

Edited by mandry1991

man im confused ha ha ha! rite now i know what mod and stock means thats a start!! what do u think of the t-bird / t-pro are they a long enough bike cheers

Don't worry about short and long bikes. It won't make a difference to you yet...

The t-pro build are one of the best out there for price. That's why i would say buy a mod to start with now as there isn't really any decent choice for the same price as far as i know.

go stock got a gU n rocks really nice to with you ash n mod are ok to though n dont beleave what alex says mate.

I don't think he can afford a Gu right now...

Don't worry about short and long bikes. It won't make a difference to you yet...

The t-pro build are one of the best out there for price. That's why i would say buy a mod to start with now as there isn't really any decent choice for the same price as far as i know.

I don't think he can afford a Gu right now...

yeah forgot about that thay are a lot

rite im gonna go for a 20" not sure which prob a 07 t-pro or comp or a 06 t-bird due to they came with Magura HS33 standard front and rear and maybe are slightly better value for money second hand, anyone riden a 06 t-bird are they a good starter bike? i supose most of the bikes in my price range are virtually identical so unless i want to spend serious money anything i can get my hands on is going to do i suppose! Ill prob fall off next week hurt myself and it will be up for sale anyway :)

Edited by viper4460

T-pro's are really good, but if your thinking about spending £300ish i would get a second hand bike, you will get alot more for your money and as your just starting you will be cratching the frame left right and centre and you wouldn't want to hurt a nice new frame!

Also I think jamie got his Gu second hand for about £300 so you can get alot of bike for you money!

T-pro's are really good, but if your thinking about spending £300ish i would get a second hand bike, you will get alot more for your money and as your just starting you will be cratching the frame left right and centre and you wouldn't want to hurt a nice new frame!

Also I think jamie got his Gu second hand for about £300 so you can get alot of bike for you money!

£400 alex n well worth it n rides so nice n the downtube is ok a little

who is jamie?? whats on the GU is that better than a 06 t-bird, sorry if i sound like i have not got a clue what im on about, cuz i aint!!

Gu are a lot better then T.bird and i am jamie

Sorry should have exspened it "mandry1991" but yer the Gu frame is far better. Look on the onza web site for example to see with bike is better cos not only will a more exspensive bike have better component but it will have astronger frame. Also there is a t-comp on ebay for £155 at the moment, keep an eye on that cos if you spend £300 on that you will be getting a much better deal then buying a t-bird for that price

Edited by E6v6i6l