My T-rex! - All Nitro'd & Shiny!

RobRook

Hey peeps! (Y)

I got this bike as brand new Standard "Spec 1" on 18th May..

I've spent quite a bit on it and i've changed everything apart from the frame, forks and rear HS33..

Pics were taken on my N95.. I forgot to take any of the right side.. I'll try getting some soon. :blink:

Spec::

Frame:: Onza T-Rex 2004

Forks:: Onza Tuf Guy

Bars/Stem:: Try-All 29" Wide/20 Degree Rise

Grips:: Try-All Clear

BB:: FSA ISIS

Cranks:: Middleburn RS7 Pro

Pedals:: Onza Caged

Tensioner:: DMR Tension Seeker MKII

Sprocket:: Chris King Kog (18T) With Hope Spacer Kit

Chain:: KMC

Rear Brake:: Magura HS33 With Zoo Pads & Tensile Booster

Front Brake:: Hope Tarty 180mm Disc

Front Wheel:: Hope Pro2 Hub, Sapim Spokes, Try-All Rim (39mm), Red Rim Tape

Rear Wheel:: Hope Pro2 07 Hub, Sapim Spokes, Try-All Rim (47mm), Red Rim Tape

Front Tyre:: Try-All 2.0"

Rear Tyre:: Maxxis Hi-Roller 2.5"

Ignore the sticker holding the rear brake pipe on.. Its gone now.. :D

And yes I know it'll look tons better without the onza graphics there, but they're under the laquer, so... :S (I'll get it done one day)

Just wondering what you guys think... Any comments welcome. Cheers (Y)

rearanglekz7.th.jpgsideanglexm2.th.jpg

frontanglepu6.th.jpgdiscangleyx8.th.jpg

Edited by biketrials_master

Pretty darn sexual haha i like the tarty stickers keeping your cables neat :D

:D Haha, yea, that was a quick fix from when I bailed in southend.. The bars done a 180 and snapped the cable tie that was there :huh:

Luckily I was carrying about 15 Tarty stickers with me :shifty:lol

That's so darn nice,the only thing I would change if it was mine are the bars,I'd get some black zoo's.

Personal preference really I just don't like the feel of the flat bars.

nice is too small a word, F****** FIT AS should do the trick :)

Thanks for the great comments so far.. (Y) I really weren't expecting much, but it seems the bike looks good to you guys.. which was a pleasant surprise.

Oh and I might take your advice 'zoo'... Im gonna get some Zoo Riser Bars from tarty, Were they the ones you meant? HERE

I need a bit more of a rise anyway.. It's an effort to get up onto the rear wheel, but once your up, it's fine.. So every bit of rise would help.

Thanks

Rob.

How long is your left hands fingerererers? or do you not hold onto the grip :S .

Looks nice anyhow.

Matx

The lever actually looks further away in the pictures :) but I have the outside of my hand at the edge of the bar and I can use the brake easily with one finger :turned:

Thats is pure sexual, i bet that rides sweet, you have done a nice job there mate. And please dont get zoo bars flat bars and that stem are amazing, dont be a sheep and get zoo bars because everyone else has them.

hmmm, I am sick of removing my grips & then having to put them back on with hair spray everytime.. :huh: Plus it'll cost another £35.. I went for a ride today and it's not as hard to pull up now I have a lighter front end..

man that looks loads better since i last saw it, maybe sand it down then give it a full black spray job, i dunno if those onza graphics are nything like my ones on my t-comp, but mine were like part of the paint and i had to sand it down to the bare metal,

anyways, looking lush mate (Y)

Cheers mate (Y) I'm gonna leave the frame for now.. If I was to have it rubbed down & resprayed I'd want it done properly.. I've done it before, and it took me 2-3 days to get to bare metal, then several coats of paint and laquer (with atleast 6hrs between each) It still chipped really easily. So i'll leave it.. It's more likely that I'll get another frame before I do that anyway lol..

The t-rex graphics are easy enough to get off. Nitro them!

Nitro them??? :blink:

That's a really cool bike, but are you sure it's an 04'? I think I have an 04' and it still has the seat thing on it. The frame is still the old style.

When I see the auction for it, it said it was an 04' :ermm: And HERE'S how my bike looked when I got it lol.... It's got threaded bolt holes to put a seat clamp on it. But I havn't got it, or want it really :) Your T-Rex looks like the gold 02' version (I think 02') I wanted about 4 years ago... I wanted the blue verison back then though :D hehe.... Blue HERE Gold HERE

Nitromors, It's a paint remover (Y)

Oh Right, I know what he meant now.. Cheers (Y)

Looks awsome matey! Love the black sidewalls on the rims, look preety stealthy.

Hehe, yea, It might look it; but with a Hope Pro2 hub clicking away & Zoo pads on a rim that's got a dash of tar on it... It's not very stealthy at all :D annoying for some riders, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do right?.. :rolleyes:lol

Thanks guys!

Rob.

Hey guys, Thanks for the great comments. You've made me feel good about my bike :)

Right, I've got 8 up-to-date pictures for you.. Taken with my Sony DSC-F828 8MP Digicam this evening at about 19:15 :P

You may notice a few fabric plasters on the cranks and bash ring... These are to cover scratches and limit future scratches :D

It needs bit of a dust off in places, but here it is...

Enjoy... (Y)

leftside1024tt6.th.jpgrightside1024la6.th.jpg

wheel1024mv9.th.jpgdrivetrain1024yy8.th.jpg

cranks1024nu9.th.jpgdisc1024bc9.th.jpg

front1024zt5.th.jpg

Looks "nice" apart from the paint job and the fact its too neat. Get it scratched, get it battered, get it used.

And take those retarded plaster strips off :lol:, the only protection on a bike should be on the chainstay to stop the annoying clicky noise and on the downtube if you tend to dent them a lot. If you wanted neat cranks you should have bought silver ones.

Bikes look nice when they're all neat, bikes look absolutely wicked when they're battered up a bit.

Edited by Krisboats

lol :D Easy Fella lol.. :lol: ... Yea i know the paint job's crap (N)

Those fabric plaster things were never a permanant thing... I Just got bored at work one day and put em on, lol (as you do) :huh:

They're already looking tatty and broken up, so they'll come off soon dont worry.. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway (Y)

Rob.

lol :D Easy Fella lol.. :lol: ... Yea i know the paint job's crap (N)

Those fabric plaster things were never a permanant thing... I Just got bored at work one day and put em on, lol (as you do) :huh:

They're already looking tatty and broken up, so they'll come off soon dont worry.. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway (Y)

Rob.

Yeah sorry, that sounded a bit harsh :$

It does look nice, just have a go at spraying it black (spraying frames a right laugh ;)) and you'll be well away. It does look sweet though, and i'm guessing your pretty tall or REALLY like to make bunnyhops easier with that amount of rise and a stem stacker too :S

Wow your bike has certainly changed since I last saw you Rob, it was like two weeks old and was in similar condition.

I imagine your going big now man?

Bike does look lush, perhaps I'll see it again in Clacton.

Hello matey.. Yea I've just gone mad with it lol.. I thought why not, I now know others who ride locally, plus I have the money this year to spend on it, so...

But yea, I'll probably see you in clacton at some point mate... Im going to St Osyth sea front on friday so I'll have a good days riding there and most likely go along to clacton too.. So should be fun. :)

Yeah sorry, that sounded a bit harsh

(spraying frames a right laugh)

No worries mate, I guessed you wasn't being harsh :)

..Yea spraying a frame can be a laugh cant it :blink:>>HERE<< :lol: Nice job by the way, Looks edgy and unique, I like :)

But yea anyway, back to my frame... I saw pics of your T-Rex [The Beast] Last night, and I like it.. How did you get that finish? cos im'a liking it alot :P Did you nitro, polish, & laquer it or what? Please enlighten, Im clueless lol.. :$

It does look sweet though, and i'm guessing your pretty tall or REALLY like to make bunnyhops easier with that amount of rise and a stem stacker too

Well you say that, but it dont seem to have much rise :S I was gonna get new bars to get a little more but I dont wanna spend anymore on it unneccessarily.. I'd add my other 2 spacers if I had the room on the forks >_<

Cheers

Rob.

..Yea spraying a frame can be a laugh cant it :blink:>>HERE<< :lol: Nice job by the way, Looks edgy and unique, I like :)

Haha, yeah.... that was a right laugh :lol:... looks wicked in the flesh, if it didn't have such a shit geo i'd have swapped for my rex instantly. I wanted to hand paint the incredible hulk face onto the front of it... didn't have enough time though :(

But yea anyway, back to my frame... I saw pics of your T-Rex [The Beast] Last night, and I like it.. How did you get that finish? cos im'a liking it alot :P Did you nitro, polish, & laquer it or what? Please enlighten, Im clueless lol.. :$

Pretty much exactly that yeah. I polished it up then lacquered it... which might not have abeen a great idea as the lacquer isn't too durable, if i was gonna do it again i'd wire woll the frame after polishing most of it so the lacquer would stick a bit better.

Well you say that, but it dont seem to have much rise :S I was gonna get new bars to get a little more but I dont wanna spend anymore on it unneccessarily.. I'd add my other 2 spacers if I had the room on the forks >_<

Really? Looks like the stem is about 25-30 degrees... and theres a spacer under it. I thought mine was bad at 130mmx15degrees and i'm 6'5" :lol:

Pretty much exactly that yeah. I polished it up then lacquered it... which might not have abeen a great idea as the lacquer isn't too durable, if i was gonna do it again i'd wire woll the frame after polishing most of it so the lacquer would stick a bit better.

Cool, Cheers.. Just thinking though; Wouldn't the wire wool ruin the polished/shiny look of the final result?

Well it might make a nice project for me in the future, I'll do the forks too :shifty:

Really? Looks like the stem is about 25-30 degrees... and theres a spacer under it. I thought mine was bad at 130mmx15degrees and i'm 6'5"
I just measured it, it's 130mm x 20degrees, so in theory it should be

enough for my average 5'11".... But then, you go with whatever you feel comfortable with so, I'll see how I get on with it.. Can only get better right? :huh:

EDIT: How much Nitromors did you use on your frame? Oh & what grade of wire wool would you recommend? Fine or medium?..

I'm just looking about for what's needed to do my frame & forks :- You've got me at it now :Plol

Thanks mate

Rob.

Cool, Cheers.. Just thinking though; Wouldn't the wire wool ruin the polished/shiny look of the final result?

Well it might make a nice project for me in the future, I'll do the forks too :shifty:

I just measured it, it's 130mm x 20degrees, so in theory it should be

enough for my average 5'11".... But then, you go with whatever you feel comfortable with so, I'll see how I get on with it.. Can only get better right? :huh:

EDIT: How much Nitromors did you use on your frame? Oh & what grade of wire wool would you recommend? Fine or medium?..

I'm just looking about for what's needed to do my frame & forks :- You've got me at it now :Plol

Thanks mate

Rob.

I'd hope the wire wool would give a ball burnished effect and would look somewhat similar to my smart guy forks (they have tiny little scratches under the lacquer), I used a £3 tub of nitromors from wilko's... i'd say medium wire wool will be alright.