My Monty Ti

1handedluke

I've actually got my bike working again and going to start riding unless something else breaks....so whenever youre out in colchester next or whatever, get hold of me and i'll tag along!

about bloody time bondy! :P

shame about your brakes not holding up Luke, thought they would have worked pretty well.

• 5 months later...

I know it might be an expenisive solution.

But work good if iam not wrong.

So running hydrolic disk brake.

With a like a lever for a 3-4 piston brake (big reservoir)

and one caliper for the front and one for the back.

Plus big rotor ?

Anyway bike looks good luke.

Hope to ride again with you.

Those leavers are shite quality though, you wouldn't get the right leverage ratio.

Anyway, he sold the frame I think, it's all over. He's gone back to using 2 levers on one side. Shame really.

1.no they aint they aint very nice too look at i know but you do get the right leverage ratio because it has 2 individual barrel adjusters= changable leverage ratio

2. they are superb quality (just because they dont have avid on them dont mean there crap) i recon these are 10 times stronger than an avid lever

3.they feel more comfy! than my sd7 lever

i know all this because i know someone who has lost the use of his right arm and rides a 24 wheeled trike with one of these levers on and his brakes feel well nice with no sponge and they are acctrualy very powerfull considering it has drum brakes

and just remember you could run a disc front a vee rear and vice versa! (Y)

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

1.no they aint they aint very nice too look at i know but you do get the right leverage ratio because it has 2 individual barrel adjusters= changable leverage ratio

2. they are superb quality (just because they dont have avid on them dont mean there crap) i recon these are 10 times stronger than an avid lever

3.they feel more comfy! than my sd7 lever

i know all this because i know someone who has lost the use of his right arm and rides a 24 wheeled trike with one of these levers on and his brakes feel well nice with no sponge and they are acctrualy very powerfull considering it has drum brakes

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

The cables are not on top of each other, therefore when you pull the lever on, the cable for each brake would be pulled on different amounts.

You'd be hard pressed to get the pads or a disc and a V to hit the braking surface at exactly the same time.

The cables are not on top of each other, therefore when you pull the lever on, the cable for each brake would be pulled on different amounts.

You'd be hard pressed to get the pads or a disc and a V to hit the braking surface at exactly the same time.

barrel adjusters move for adjustment (Y)

learn to set up brakes properly (Y)

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

barrel adjusters move for adjustment (Y)

learn to set up brakes properly (Y)

How noob are you. I am the don of setting up brakes, I do everyones round here.

I can't be arsed explaining to you why it won't work. But I could draw diagrams etc for you if you like, cba tonight though.

How noob are you. I am the don of setting up brakes, I do everyones round here.

I can't be arsed explaining to you why it won't work. But I could draw diagrams etc for you if you like, cba tonight though.

:lol:

1.ime no noobie

2.have you even felt one of them levers before let alone know what they work like I HAVE TRIED A TRIKE WITH 1 OF THESE LEVERS ON AND I AM TELLING YOU THEY WORK BRILLIANT! (Y)

Luke, do you set it up so both brakes stop at the same time? Or one before the other?

Generally he only uses the rear brake mate, I havent seen luke riding in a while nut last time I did he only had the rear on.

Sometimes he used to have the front brake on but it must be a bitch trying to pull two levers with one hand.

:lol:

1.ime no noobie

2.have you even felt one of them levers before let alone know what they work like I HAVE TRIED A TRIKE WITH 1 OF THESE LEVERS ON AND I AM TELLING YOU THEY WORK BRILLIANT! (Y)

You are so noob you can't spell I'm.