Website For Work

Jimmy_c

Hi,

This site has nothing to do with bikes, its for where i work (family Business).

The reason iam posting this up is that i would like some feedback on what you think i.e layout, is it userfriendly? etc.

The site has only recently gone 'Live' so its only 95% complete.

www.cumberlidgeonline.co.uk

Thanks

James

Not to be rude, but that is the most dated website imaginable, it is really dull! I dont want to be insultin but its not inviting, it really puts me off. Im not just spouting on, i'm doing the final year of my product Design degree, and have worked for the past year as a Graphic Designer - so im looking at it from many angles.

Colour connotation is a really important aspect lots of people overlook, the way we are sunbconciously affected by the colours we see is quite vast - and the blue with the sand like colour is just so old looking, and to me gives an impression of the types of watches you will be offering - regardless of the prices you get an initial impression as to the quality/price of the goods you will be offering, and to me i instantly think of cheap poor quality goods.

Also boxing everything segregates the page too much - you dont know where to look first, there is nothing intially drawing your focus - i find myself just looking around aimlessly.

Theres far too many colours going at once and too much text, apparently we only read around 5%-10% of what is written on a web page if its univinting, and i dont know what to read first so i end up reading none of it. As i said before nothing draws you in a particular direction.

The fonts used in your ocmpany name are really tacky, they do look veyr cheap (again giving an impresion of the goods on offer).

Again without being horrible, there is really nothing i like about that site, all in all i would say it is very poor, i would highly recommend getting a web designer in to knock you up a really cool, contemporary web page - people overlook the marketing/aesthetics of their business and it can make a huge differance if it is done well, and i think it could really benefit from an aesthetic make over. It wouldnt take them long but could make the world of differance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its good! very user friendly, as people have said they colours are a little dull, but i do like the way it links in with product (gold).

Top banner doesn't display properly, it looks like you may have some overlying div boxes on either side that are obscuring it.

all that said you have some great products! good luck!