Old School For An Even Older Rider...!

r2wtrials

well, i did it. At the age of 42 i have come back to the cycle trials world!!!

I stopped about 5 years ago and have been riding Motorcycle trials since but i have been putting a bit of weight on lately, and my balance isn't as good as it should be.... I know, i thought, biketrials will make me lose some weight and improve the balance and timing.

Being very old school i just don't think bikes look right without a saddle!! .. and lets face it i am an old git with a slipped disc so i won't be jumping off huge drops so who needs all that clearence. So a mate, who's on here i am told, sold me very cheapely his spare bike.... a good old Giant. This is it as i have just brought it home leaning against my Beta rev3.

It will get a full set of Hope hubs and discs, front and rear, and a different stem. I have mavic 121's still on my hope hubs but the rear at least will get a bigger rim soon. It will stay single speed with the Rohloff tensioner....

betagiant.jpg

... even better. 3 other members of our r2wtrials clan that are over 40 years old have also brought bikes again!!! Are we the oldest team in the country :D Team OGC... old gits collective!!

Edited by r2wtrials

Haha....quality, enjoy.

Lets see some vids of you hopping over the Beta.

How about lets see you hop over the Beta, Mr. Craig Lee Scott! When are you going to have a new vid out? Haven't seen a vid of you riding the Ko. Is there one?

Nice Giant by the way! Love those old school bikes, as I ride old school right now too!

Hello there Mr.Heath, what you doing this site of the web? :P

Nice bike you've got there, like to see it with the hopes on. Is that your Beta? Thought you had a Gasser...

(HRC2002).

Hiya... no the gasser went 18 months ago. Beta man now, they stay together and ride the rocks better!!

Haha....quality, enjoy.

Lets see some vids of you hopping over the Beta.

Hiya mate... still got my mates Beta have you?

I put the rear disc on tonight and had a play on the drive.... 4 hops is all i can manage!!! Then in for a horlicks and watch newsnight :D

Got to get rid of the front V... it's crap!!

As it stands now... waiting for a Revell fork to turn up and then my hope hub and disc and mavic 121 will go on... anyone remember the mavic 121? about as rare as a seat!!

giantside.jpg

Edited by r2wtrials

Probably is , but deep section rims tend to offer poor braking surfaces and it appears you're running standard black V pads . A well set up V with good cable and pads can supply powerful , controllable braking at a respectable weight . That said , since you're going for a new fork + hub I guess not . Good to see the more ... umm ... mature among us still ride .

As it stands now... waiting for a Revell fork to turn up and then my hope hub and disc and mavic 121 will go on... anyone remember the mavic 121? about as rare as a seat!!

Didn't the Mavic 121 get rebranded as the Mavic D521?

...which is now the Mavic EX721??

Dude we have things called hydraulic brakes now lol jus kiddin i have that brake ont front its effing awsome ! any way nice bike !

Adam

nah that front brake is crap i chucked it on just to get the bike running for heath, oh yeah cable brakes are awesome if set up right an hydros the same, theres no better brake type

That looks well cool, dont get disks, stick with the vees and get some heatsink pads and they will be beast.

tru heatsink v's rock (i've got the cousts on my pitbull) but v expensive an the discs work well enuf

Didn't the Mavic 121 get rebranded as the Mavic D521?

...which is now the Mavic EX721??

the 121 was better, stronger, wider the 521 was no where near as good an now the ex721 is worse, bring bk the 121's i say

hope u enjoy the bike heath, its a wicked little frame :)

talk soon m8, ben

Edited by gianttrials

Both bikes as they stand as of today...

first my Beta :)

betarh.jpg

and the Giant now with Revell forks and front disc.... ahh that's better!!

giantcompletelh.jpg

Put my old Kore stem on and left the fork uncut and used spacers so that I can see what height i want.