New Products From Hope.

Andeee

go to work, and come back to two pages of further debate and chat! wow...

do most trials specific frames/forks these days come with V-brake mounts as an option? (like the one on the page you posted a few times)...i cant check just now but im curious :/

i think im very like james...theres something about the fourplay style geo/feel that i find so much easier to use for 'conventional' trials TGS style moves. i also enjoy riding on two wheels too which feels so much nicer and less sketchy

The clearance does not equate to the geo... it totally depends on the tubing used, the shape of the tubing and the size of the bb yoke. I think you being rather aggressive in putting your point across that this forum is only for trials riders, and no trials riders would ever use this cranks was totally inappropriate.

why do you think the most frames have jokes so wide that those cranks wouln´t fit?If I could advise you,it may have something to do with the geometry and tire clearance.+If you ride trials for 17months,what do you know about trials evolution?Who are you to say what´s better?It up to you what do you find more interesting/better,but I´m entitled to the very same thing.And again,tell me where I said something negative about street trials or any style of trials riding?Wake up kid.

why do you think the most frames have jokes so wide that those cranks wouln´t fit?If I could advise you,it may have something to do with the geometry and tire clearance.+If you ride trials for 17months,what do you know about trials evolution?Who are you to say what´s better?It up to you what do you find more interesting/better,but I´m entitled to the very same thing.And again,tell me where I said something negative about street trials or any style of trials riding?Wake up kid.

He may have been riding 17 months or whatever, but others of us have watched the scene develop for the best part of 10 years or more. The cranks have potential for everyone, as prototypes they'll be aimed at mountain bikes, and i've no doubt developed for other disciplines such as trials or even bmx (you never know, they were gonna do 116mm Pro2's...) over time just like countless other products out there at the moment.

go to work, and come back to two pages of further debate and chat! wow...

do most trials specific frames/forks these days come with V-brake mounts as an option? (like the one on the page you posted a few times)...i cant check just now but im curious :/ No there isn´t good V fork at the market,trials or not trials.I´m actually dealing with this problem these days as I can´t wait that long for TNN forks to be released.I will have to buy another set of urbans I guess.If you know about any good alternative forks,let me know and I mean it ;)

i think im very like james...theres something about the fourplay style geo/feel that i find so much easier to use for 'conventional' trials TGS style moves. i also enjoy riding on two wheels too which feels so much nicer and less sketchy. This is all fine with me,if you like that kind of geo/setup,great,enjoy your bike just like I do (or will once I get my damn forks) (Y)

Edited by ghostrider88

Could someone with more knowledge make a post about this or something.

Although I will probably never go to Barrow Farm or deal with EBTC it would be a great shame if the club had to close?

Can something in the community be done to help them?

This is why the meeting is happening..to see what can be done..

He may have been riding 17 months or whatever, but others of us have watched the scene develop for the best part of 10 years or more. The cranks have potential for everyone, as prototypes they'll be aimed at mountain bikes, and i've no doubt developed for other disciplines such as trials or even bmx (you never know, they were gonna do 116mm Pro2's...) over time just like countless other products out there at the moment.

You are scarily optimistic when you think they actually produce trials version of those cranks or 116mm pro 2.I wish you were right though.

Well in fairness I can fit a 2.7" Maxxis High Roller into my frame with space to spare! Geometry has nothing to do with the yoke! I never said anything was better, I purely said I can do proper trials just as easily if not better on a frame that has the same geometry as a street frame, which you said arn't useable at all for doing trials on!

Also, don't call me a kid. Judging from the way I am not being overly aggressive to people having a discussion, I am acting more maturely than you in this instance. Did I say you said anything negative about street trials riding? I think not

I rest my case...

Well in fairness I can fit a 2.7" Maxxis High Roller into my frame with space to spare! Geometry has nothing to do with the yoke! I never said anything was better, I purely said I can do proper trials just as easily if not better on a frame that has the same geometry as a street frame, which you said arn't useable at all for doing trials on!

Also, don't call me a kid. Judging from the way I am not being overly aggressive to people having a discussion, I am acting more maturely than you in this instance. Did I say you said anything negative about street trials riding? I think not

I rest my case...

Damn dude,if you have 24inch wheel and same cs lenght,of course you will have more space :rolleyes:

You are scarily optimistic when you think they actually produce trials version of those cranks or 116mm pro 2.I wish you were right though.

Not at all, i can see them looking into it if there's a demand. Just like they've made brakes and hubs to cater for us trials lot, i can't see any reason why they couldn't run a slightly different design through the cnc machines ;)

yes,even wider tire(der kaiser) fits and yes,with 22t chainring you wouldn´t even be able to spin the cranks.

Have you tried this? I happen to know for definite you could fit a 24t chainring on truvativ cranks onto the Neon Bow, Onza Bird And Diamondback frames, all trials frames....

Not at all, i can see them looking into it if there's a demand. Just like they've made brakes and hubs to cater for us trials lot, i can't see any reason why they couldn't run a slightly different design through the cnc machines ;)

Pro 2 (first gen) is fairly old product isn´t it?Back then there was higher demand for high quality and reliably engaging hub...I know it wouldn´t be problem for them to produce those parts.But the marker for those parts and the hub especially is smaller than it used to be back in the day.

Pro 2 (first gen) is fairly old product isn´t it?Back then there was higher demand for high quality and reliably engaging hub...I know it wouldn´t be problem for them to produce those parts.But the marker for those parts and the hub especially is smaller than it used to be back in the day.

I would say the market for the Pro2 trials hubs is growing with the advent of streetier bikes like the inspireds, which people would choose to run... ooh I don't know... a crank similar to the Hope prototype above?

Have you tried this? I happen to know for definite you could fit a 24t chainring on truvativ cranks onto the Neon Bow, Onza Bird And Diamondback frames, all trials frames....

No,I don´t have those cranks,but If there´s 1mm space with 18t freewheel on both of my frames(ozonys(freewheel actually rubbed a little with 127mm BB) and pitbull 2006) it´s highly unlikely that with 22t it would be better.

Edited by ghostrider88

No,I don´t have those cranks,but If there´s 1mm space with 18t freewheel in both of my frames(ozonys(freewheel actually rubbed a little with 127mm BB) and pitbull 2006) it´s highly unlikely that with 22t it would be better.

Also bear in mind with the hollowtech system or similar, the cog is placed further way from the BB than a freewheel would....

oh right ok...

with all due respect meant here;

you use dual V's yet very few trials specific frames (like on the page you linked from tarty) and forks have V-brake mounts...there may actually be more frames available that could fit these potential hope cranks than fit a set of V-brakes?

I hope you see my point here, or where that conversation leads too....ive been pushing chimneys and slates off roofs today so im far to tired to go into much more detail. just imagine this was hope releasing a new V-brake and the forum responded how you did, then you'll be in the same boat we are in :)

not trying to cause debate or be hostile, only trying to explain how this all came about in a bid to perhaps prevent a repeat in future

enjoy the rest of the debate...im done with this until we hear more about the cranks! (or any other parts - i personally want to see a full complete bike of hope parts - frame, forks, rims, bars, gear mechs, the lot! just to see what they come up with)

ps edit* they were kind enough to work with inspired to release a street trials bike...AND produced a trials specific hub and brakes...the scene is growing so i wouldnt be surprised if they released a 22t crank that would suffice for all genres (the trials holzfellers are available separately but i imagine wouldnt be nearly as popular - its a very realistic marketing oppurtunity!)

Edited by chris4stars

oh right ok...

with all due respect meant here;

you use dual V's yet very few trials specific frames (like on the page you linked from tarty) and forks have V-brake mounts...there may actually be more frames available that could fit these potential hope cranks than fit a set of V-brakes?

I hope you see my point here, or where that conversation leads too....

I know what you mean,but there´s adapter for vees,so they can be fitted on every frame actually.If there was something simmilar for cranks,it would be great,but I don´t think it´s possible.But I´m no engeneer,so who knows?

Also bear in mind with the hollowtech system or similar, the cog is placed further way from the BB than a freewheel would....

Just measured a set of trialtechs with bash and freewheel on against my Truvativs, and with a 128mm BB the freewheel cog would be at least 8 or 10mm further in than with a front bolt on chainring.

James

This might be true,but I really can´t say if it is,mostly because teeth of the freewheel are in the centre of the freewheel,not sticking toward the BB like chainring is.If chris or ali could/want try his saints on some different bike,it would be very helpfull.