New Products From Hope.

Andeee

im interested to see the 24" guys on the comp scene to see how they fair, this isnt sarcasm by the way.. see how there streety aproach would work in a comp situation, i think every one can learn from this! i used to be stupidly narrow minded admitidley, ive got over that now. x

Maybe because I haven´t seen anyone ride pure trials on inspired in my life?

I personally believe if you don't use your bash ring or bash plate in every possible opportunity then you're not riding pure trials. UCI = French BMXing.

• Like 1

My first proper trials bike was an Ashton ET24" and it did natty comps before it was used for street. BMX cranks etc made sure it wasn't a compy spec, but there's a trophy at home which shows it got results ;)

Wallrides mid-section and going fast at things for the almighty win!

Just don't ask how many other people were in the class...!

Right Mr Gostrider88, what is my bike classed as?

IMGP5432.jpg

It's a seatless trials frame, with rear magura, front vee and grinds. However it is a 24", has undrilled DJ rims and a rear Hope hub. I am running Truvitiv Husselfelt cranks in this picture, but am now running the Shimano Hollowtech system, with a 22 tooth on the front and 18 on the back. I run low rise GU trials bars with lots of stem stackers.

This is the crunch, I spin, footjam whip and bunny hop this bike effortlessly. can also sidehop, gap to front and rear, and pedal up this bike better than I can any other. I can also do most of those things bigger than my mate who has been riding 15 years and rides a long high BB Czar stock with ull superlight comp spec, whereas I have only been riding 17 months now.

Where do I lie, please enlighten me!

With thanks

James

PS. I am in the middle of machining up some stunt pegs for this, to learn hang fives, grinds and give some flatland stuff a go on it.

PPS. I am going to be entering the British National comp series this year on the bike.

Edited by krazykid009

I did a season of Hampshire comps on a Fourplay, just changed the rear wheel for one with a ground rim, changed the tyres and went for it. Obviously it wasn't ideal but was still very enjoyable and reasonably competitive!

Ali won Expert at the last Tyketrial on his Hex.

• Like 1

Right Mr Gostrider88, what is my bike classed as?

IMGP5432.jpg

It's a seatless trials frame, with rear magura, front vee and grinds. However it is a 24", has undrilled DJ rims and a rear Hope hub. I am running Truvitiv Husselfelt cranks in this picture, but am now running the Shimano Hollowtech system, with a 22 tooth on the front and 18 on the back. I run low rise GU trials bars with lots of stem stackers.

This is the crunch, I spin, footjam whip and bunny hop this bike effortlessly. can also sidehop, gap to front and rear, and pedal up this bike better than I can any other. I can also do most of those things bigger than my mate who has been riding 15 years and rides a long high BB Czar stock with ull superlight comp spec, whereas I have only been riding 17 months now.

Where do I lie, please enlighten me!

With thanks

James

PS. I am in the middle of machining up some stunt pegs for this, to learn hang fives, grinds and give some flatland stuff a go on it.

PPS. I am going to be entering the British National comp series this year on the bike.

I would classify it as 2004 pitbull(I think),which is what I would call oudated or oldschool frame nowdays.We talked about older frames before here,maybe you should read before you ask ;)

Edited by ghostrider88

I would classify it as 2004 pitbull,which is what I would call oudated or oldschool frame nowdays.We talked about older frames before here,maybe you should read before you ask ;)

I should like to inform you it is a 2007 Onza Zoot, which has the same geometry as the 09 Fourplay! Not outdated at all! ;)

James

There is a meeting this saturday, down at Barrow to discuss the clubs future...

Could someone with more knowledge make a post about this or something.

Although I will probably never go to Barrow Farm or deal with EBTC it would be a great shame if the club had to close?

Can something in the community be done to help them?

I should like to inform you it is a 2007 Onza Zoot, which has the same geometry as the 09 Fourplay! Not outdated at all! ;)

James

That´s why I said I think and exactly,it has geo as inspired fourplay thus the same cranks might fit?I really don´t know why would you continue trying to prove me wrong when we agreed before here that both sides were partly right...

That´s why I said I think and exactly,it has geo as inspired fourplay thus the same cranks might fit?I really don´t know why would you continue trying to prove me wrong when we agreed before here that both sides were partly right...

Welcome to trials-forum, you must be new.

The clearance does not equate to the geo... it totally depends on the tubing used, the shape of the tubing and the size of the bb yoke. I think you being rather aggressive in putting your point across that this forum is only for trials riders, and no trials riders would ever use this cranks was totally inappropriate. You were obviously wrong, as I and most people would class me as a trials rider, as I would Danny Macaskill, Ben Rowlands, Ali C, Nick Cooke, Matt Purdon or JD.

Trials is a small sport, and it is still broadening it's range. Street trials is still part of that, and I do not see why you TGS and comp riders are so up yourself in wanting to prove that point. You guys are no way a "purer" form of trials, and we all just need to accept that and move on.

Anyway, this is all rather pointless as you have been consistently been, as a chav would say, "PWND" throughout the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread, so please don't argue and just accept sports change and develop, and in this case for the better!

James

Thank you and goodnight, I'm here 'til tuesday!

Edited by krazykid009