Thead Gone In Bb Shell (t-pro 2005)

cai

the thread in my 05 t-pro frame bb shell (driver-side) has gone/been rownded off, so the bb cant stay in.

im getting a new frame in the new year for it, but is there any sulution till then??

ive heard about re-tapping it, is this possible or not? info please.

thanks

cai

Edited by cai

andy ball ripped out the threads on his maggie mounts and he go it helicoiled. it not to expensive but onxce its done its as good as new

good luck

..rob..

Yes he is not talking about the maggie mounts, he is on about the bb shell.

thanks guys i'll ask bierspool (the good local bike shop) if they can re-tap / helicoil / put in insert soon. btw which 1 would be stronger?

if they cant i guess its super super super glue, and hope that holds out till christmas!!!

thanks 4 comments so far guys!

• 2 weeks later...

scrap the frame. it will cost you more to get it fixed than get another frame. without getting technical re-tapping wont work. from experience. try glue but dont get too excited about it working. make sure you clean the bb and shell before you glue it though or youve no chance of it keying.

-ive seen the future..its a pogo stick-

i've had problems with bottom bracket threads going. Most bike shops have tools to clean the threads (much shallower than a tap), but like someone else said. Most shops don't do it in house. ARGOS CYCLES is the best place to call, its around £80 to do. A helicoil could be fitted, but i'm more than certain there isnt one big enough for bottom brackets (i've tried looking into it for someone before).

I've tried using a very strong loctight that i use on trek bearing bush's, which i can fill gaps and hold stuff in, but i really would recomend this .. your find it might be cheaper to just replace the frame if you can pick one up cheap enough

Edited by chrisbikefix

i've had problems with bottom bracket threads going. Most bike shops have tools to clean the threads (much shallower than a tap), but like someone else said. Most shops don't do it in house. ARGOS CYCLES is the best place to call, its around £80 to do. A helicoil could be fitted, but i'm more than certain there isnt one big enough for bottom brackets (i've tried looking into it for someone before).

I've tried using a very strong loctight that i use on trek bearing bush's, which i can fill gaps and hold stuff in, but i really would recomend this .. your find it might be cheaper to just replace the frame if you can pick one up cheap enough

It's not really worth it for a T-pro in that case as you can get a new frame for half the price

me and you could get some proper kick ass glue and glue a decent bb into your frame and just hope it lasts ??

guys me n ozzy guna do that now, besides christmas is soon and that short czar looks smart as f**k!

thanks for all your help! but like someone said its only a t-pro at the end of the day, lol