Brakes

Jsy ben R

Coming Soon:

Y int eye valedaytid yt?

Mike, your a legend.

I have already been warned for pre-member bullying, but surely, even Tomm bullies the pre-member in question in this situation?

Well usually, when braking and I believe most will agree to use one finger in Trials so you have more grip on your handlebars, when you need to use your highly sophisticated hs33, you must pull your lever in with your index finger. Remember the lever is attached to the left hand side of the handle bars. Pull the lever in with your index finger in in till you feel the pads hit the rim then they will start slowing you down, the more you pull in the more violently your bike will stop.

Now another tricky bit, how to get the brake to stop braking?

Well once you have come to your desired position and speed if any using your HS33 you must now release the lever you do this by lifting your index finger off of the lever, the highly sophisticated hs33 will respond by taking the pads off your rim now you can move again.

So remember.

To Stop

• Index finger at the ready on lever
  • Pull index finger in to slowdown / stop the bike

To move again

• lift index finger off brake lever modulate for your desired movement
  • once raised off you can go

Please feel free to put this in the Wiki How toos

Hope I have helped

Well usually, when braking and I believe most will agree to use one finger in Trials so you have more grip on your handlebars, when you need to use your highly sophisticated hs33, you must pull your lever in with your index finger. Remember the lever is attached to the left hand side of the handle bars. Pull the lever in with your index finger in in till you feel the pads hit the rim then they will start slowing you down, the more you pull in the more violently your bike will stop.

Well once you have come to your desired position and speed if any using your HS33 you must now release the lever you do this by lifting your index finger off of the lever, the highly sophisticated hs33 will respond by taking the pads off your rim now you can move again.

So remember.

To Stop

To move again

Hope I have helped

LMAO! A Wiki on "How to operate your brakes", that would be class.

You made a topic about how to bleed brakes before on the 4th of October, its not the best how to but you can learn how to do it by reading the last post in your topic...

YOUR TOPIC

Failing that look at the website, at the top it says Wiki there are lots of how tos so on WIKI

Edited by Trix

So remember.

To Stop

To move again

This should be sticky!!

I used to stop with my shoes but now i'm gonna put my helmet and definitely try this!

Will this work for disc brakes???

Edited by neomember

So remember.

To Stop

To move again

Hope I have helped

*applause* for thoroughness and time spent on that (Y)

These are my favourite topics. Now please, everyone, bully him. :pirate:

Yar, yar.

So remember.

To Stop

To move again

Hope I have helped

that is one of the best things i have ever seen on trial forum ..wiki ***

leon

It's in the Wiki now. Find it here.

God bless the 'special' people among us.

oh my god """""!!!!!! I'm famous, this is cool, that link is going in my sig remember guys any other tips like how to move the bike around a corner i will gladley help...

LoL :rolleyes:

This has seriously made my day, oh man my names not on the brakes how too :(

Edited by Trix

Here's a guide on hot to bleed your Magura HS33 hydrolic brakes:-

Losen the TPA all of the way off.

Move the whole lever up so that it's pointing forwards instead of down.

Fill a syringe with water or oil, it's your choice but I like water better because it gives a better feel to the lever.

Take the bleed bolt off of the slave cylinder.

Use one of the clear tubes shown up there in the first picture and screw it into the bleed hole but make sure that the tube is full up with water before you screw it on. I find it easier to put the syringe on the pipe and fill the pipe with the syringe.

Undo the little grub screw on the lever body pictured below;

Take the other clear tube and screw it into that hole.

Ask someone if they can hold an old butter tub or something under the plastic pipe coming from the lever otherwise you'll get oil all over your rim/rotor.

Now that's all done up nice and tight pump the syringe until most of the fluid from it is gone. (Remember to go from the slaves to the lever!)

Now look at the tube coming out of the lever, if it has air in you need to do that again. (When you take the syringe off of the pipe remember to get someone to put their finger over the other end. )

When no more air comes out of the pipe then it's finished.

Take the pipe off of the lever and put the grub screw back in but remember when you're taking the pipe off of the lever remember to leave the syringe on the pipe coming from the slave.

Now take the pipe off of the slave and put the bleed bolt back in.

[edit] Bleeding Maguras in a bucket or a bath

Fill the bucket or the bath full of water.

Take the brake off of your bike and put it in the bucket/bath.

Undo both bleed bolts, the one on the lever and the one on the slave. (Underwater)

The method is tricky at first, but once you have the rhythm, it will take a minute at maximum.

Underwater: hold your finger over the hole on the slave cylinder (remember, when you have your finger on the hole, make sure it is tight and sealed against the hole, other wise it will take longer to bleed and may effect performance), press the lever all the way down, take your finger off of the hole and release the lever fully, repeat until you no longer see any air coming out.

Do up both of the bleed bolts. (Again, underwater)

Take the brake out and it should be air free.

Hope i helpd, Sonny (Y)

Here's a guide on hot to bleed your Magura HS33 hydrolic brakes:-

Losen the TPA all of the way off.

Move the whole lever up so that it's pointing forwards instead of down.

Fill a syringe with water or oil, it's your choice but I like water better because it gives a better feel to the lever.

Take the bleed bolt off of the slave cylinder.

Use one of the clear tubes shown up there in the first picture and screw it into the bleed hole but make sure that the tube is full up with water before you screw it on. I find it easier to put the syringe on the pipe and fill the pipe with the syringe.

Undo the little grub screw on the lever body pictured below;

Take the other clear tube and screw it into that hole.

Ask someone if they can hold an old butter tub or something under the plastic pipe coming from the lever otherwise you'll get oil all over your rim/rotor.

Now that's all done up nice and tight pump the syringe until most of the fluid from it is gone. (Remember to go from the slaves to the lever!)

Now look at the tube coming out of the lever, if it has air in you need to do that again. (When you take the syringe off of the pipe remember to get someone to put their finger over the other end. )

When no more air comes out of the pipe then it's finished.

Take the pipe off of the lever and put the grub screw back in but remember when you're taking the pipe off of the lever remember to leave the syringe on the pipe coming from the slave.

Now take the pipe off of the slave and put the bleed bolt back in.

[edit] Bleeding Maguras in a bucket or a bath

Fill the bucket or the bath full of water.

Take the brake off of your bike and put it in the bucket/bath.

Undo both bleed bolts, the one on the lever and the one on the slave. (Underwater)

The method is tricky at first, but once you have the rhythm, it will take a minute at maximum.

Underwater: hold your finger over the hole on the slave cylinder (remember, when you have your finger on the hole, make sure it is tight and sealed against the hole, other wise it will take longer to bleed and may effect performance), press the lever all the way down, take your finger off of the hole and release the lever fully, repeat until you no longer see any air coming out.

Do up both of the bleed bolts. (Again, underwater)

Take the brake out and it should be air free.

Hope i helpd, Sonny (Y)

LoL This Is Copied From WIKI