24" Parts?

Ross McArthur

dunno im thinkin slim one would look better, not long though. I seen a tioga saddle on a charge in fort bill with the leather taken off which looked kl.

Im thinkin dmr DV rims or onza drilled, dont know what there like though, and I didnt know mavic did 24" rims.

check the saddle

http://www.leesonbikes.co.uk/parts.html#

What rims do mavic do in 24"?

Hope hubs Defo! rims? Viz? Sunn?? Mavic???

WHat type of seat you want? Big BMX thinggy? or a slim one?

V!Z are super heavy, I had one on when I rode 24'', and it also buckled like something that buckles alot!

lol!

Rhyno Lites for the win, I love them rims, and I know loads of people swear by them!

Also just noticed you said Onza rims, they dent well to easily!

Edited by JohnyTrials

dunno im thinkin slim one would look better, not long though. I seen a tioga saddle on a charge in fort bill with the leather taken off which looked kl.

Im thinkin dmr DV rims or onza drilled, dont know what there like though, and I didnt know mavic did 24" rims.

theres only one choice rynolite xl fact

You'll be very lucky if you can get some 24" Mavic rims, the only place I recall still selling them is in Australia and it would cost a fortune to ship.

Personally I'd go with Rhyno Lites, it's what I've been using for the last year and a half and have yet to properly bend one even with my slightly erratic approach to riding.

I've always liked the Tioga Multi Control saddle but they've never suited my bike so I use a Shadow Conspiracy Slim, pretty comfy and grippable for bar spins if that's your thing.

Tyres are a personal choice and depend on your riding style, i'm a fan of DMR Moto and Moto Digger tyres but that's probably because I've been getting them free :P . Tioga and Maxxis make some similar models and the more trialsy Maxxis tyres also come in 24" if I remember rightly.

For a large list of most 24" parts open to you check the > All Things 24"!, Rims and tyres list.. thread.

Hope that helps and enjoy your new ride.

Daniel

see with the ones, that come bulit, is that niot the ones on the Onza Zoot, cause I had them and the was stronge, and stayed straight, sadly, the brakes surface, dented for my liking.

Excellent use of the Queen's English!! ;) Yeah, those sound like the Zoot wheels. I've changed the rear hub on mine because I wasn't sure about the Onza rear hub although it felt reasonable- nice solid feeling engagement (I didn't actually ride the bike with the hub though...). Haven't had any problems with the rims though.

Dave

Forks:

Pashley/px with mounts moved down for rim brakes. Whatever you want for disc brakes.

Rims:

Sun Rhynolite XL, Alex DM24, Tioga DH

Tires:

I use Maxxis Holyroller 2.4 rear and Swable tabletop front, so does feeney (i think) - I have used this for natural too and is fine in all but the very worse conditions. Also look at tioga comp x tires, they are good too.

Maxxis Swampthing are the best tire if you want something like what most people run on there 26" - if you ride if very wet/muddy conditions they will be good. Work well with a Moto Digger up front.

Saddle:

Tioga Spyder for the ultimate in pimp slimness, they also do the mutli control lite, which is what boon had for ages. Another option is the macneil slim seat with post, which is light and strong.

You wil love rollin' on the 24's dude...

Thanks for the replies guys, im not letting anyone know what iv got though till I get it built up.

Got people wanting to sell me some sun rims or a front onza wheel so might go for that(but heard there mince n tatties). ive been looking through old mbuks for ideas n stuff.

Think il just go for motos front and rear or a moto front and a factory tioga 2.3 rear.

Iv got a set of pashley forks in my shed so might get a braze on kit 4 bolt and stick them on reversed. or if anyones got ashton forks to sell me ill prob have them.

Cheers for the advice on the saddles mike. cant wait to give it a dig in dumbarton skate park.....and not break my beak.lol

yea good ride. snapped my chain a belter on a side hop after a fell backwards off a 6 foot drop and twisted my bar and stem then on a rail ride a bent my rear qr so had to barter with a bike shop guy to get a new one.

too many riders on some of the lines though so we had to wait for a turn. (N) good to c the scottish trials scene thriving though. (Y)

danny is going to rule tomorrow.

git some good lines on camera for a wee phone vid.lol

weather was bitchin so hamish has some mint pics.not a cloud in the sky.still compeating against strath lol keeps me on my toes.