Consistency In Performing Moves

Snarly

I have been riding for about 9 months and am at the low end of the sport level. I am an older rider and female, 43 to be exact.

Anyway, I keep getting frustrated about my consistency in being able to perform certain moves. One day I can do everything really well. The next time I go out, I can't do any of the moves that weren't any problem in my previous practice to save my life. Then maybe the time after that I can do some things really well but not everything. Is this normal at this level and does anyone else have this problem?

Interesting choice of colour for your writing :) But yeah its completely normal for your level of skill to improve, and de-prove (is that a real word?) per day, for example some days i can easily backwheel things some days, other days i really struggle.

Hope im of some help,

Jan

It often happens to me, last week i was able to sidehop about "34 and this week i cant even manage to do it atall, i agree with what "davetrials" said, you have to be in the mood to perform well otherwise you're mind is elsewhere and it affect's you're ability

Ride 1 day on 1 day off. And 9 times out of 10 you will perform to you best.

Watch some videos that you find insprational and you should be reet.

Or make a video of yourself and watch that. I do that and then try to improve on whats in the video so really set yourself a goal

i find i get that. only when I'm doing something new though. ill have a few goes at it then eventually nail it. an hour or day later i cant quite do it. i have a few mins, then have another go but don't think about how to do it. just know you've just done it and have another go. that works every time for me and the lads i ride with. sounds kind of daft i know but it works. don't think of when to pull up, how hard to kick etc just have a go. relax and have fun. thats what its supposed to be about after all. having fun. don't let it stress you out or it becomes a chore.

I have been riding for about 9 months and am at the low end of the sport level. I am an older rider and female, 43 to be exact.

Anyway, I keep getting frustrated about my consistency in being able to perform certain moves. One day I can do everything really well. The next time I go out, I can't do any of the moves that weren't any problem in my previous practice to save my life. Then maybe the time after that I can do some things really well but not everything. Is this normal at this level and does anyone else have this problem?

It happens to the best of us, one time i was having no problem pulling off 50 pedal kicks then the next day I could not ballence on the back whell to save my life.