Magura Louise Disc Brake

muddyfox

So whos using the new magura louise? How does it compare to the hope mono trial?

Ive been using a hope for about a year and im not all that impressed with it. When its working its awesome but its not very consistant. Also ive hit myself pretty hard on the lever clamp bolts a few times and its really pissing me off so i took it off and put my spare marta on the bike untill i get something else.

The question is will the louise be up to the job? I ride natural and hate cable brakes...

I have noticed the likes of Fontenoy using it.

Anyone want to swap one for a mono trial?

when i had the hope try-all version,it was good,but not consistant,sometimes it leaked a bit.

the lever from the hope is better than the magura one.

but,i've had 2 magura louise and there awsome !

they don't leak or whatever, setting them up isn't that hard either.

there are a lot of french top riders who use them in combination with a try-all disk,because it's lighter than a hope try-all discbrake.

i use the same setup and it's awsome !

cheers

Considering how many people "complain" about their Hopes (including me) compared to Louise users, i'd snap up a chance for a swap for a Louise anyday and buy one over my Hope if i was anygood at saving. Great brake imo from using my friends and riding others with Louises on, consistent modulation in situations where you need it, bite and hold under high pressures.