Tensiles!

Ryan.

Surely though the problem with cranks breaking is a quality control issue, not from over-use. I reckon any decent crank will last fine, as long as there aren't defects in the material.

I don't understand why people don't use Middleburns any more :(

So very clearly a doctor and not an engineer :P

I cracked a set of "old style" Tensile cranks, they were reet battered mind and second hand. So didn't bother with 1/2 price replacement cos I was lazy and would probably be refused anyway (no receipt either...).

Is that because even at half price, you're still making a profit? :mellow:
Hmm, id second that opinion. either way, if you stress alu enough over a long period of time its gonna snap eventually. hmm, i wonder what Onza does with the broken parts, do they get re-cycled somehow, after all alu does go through a liquid molding process to form the end product material bike part..just guessing!

Surely though the problem with cranks breaking is a quality control issue, not from over-use. I reckon any decent crank will last fine, as long as there aren't defects in the material.

I don't understand why people don't use Middleburns any more :(

aww tom cheer up i still love burns :$ , and as for tensiles ive seen old one snap but no new ones up till know and i have some and if mine snapped id go get the warrenty because there such good cranks i love mine :)

Hugh is right.

As long as we receive the originals back then we just replace for half price. even if you just think you have too many scuffs on them to see your pretty little face's in them anymore. ;)

He is a good question, Any one who is claiming to have snapped a Tensile please also answer this. Have you ever snapped any other crankset? Come 'on be honest,

So you'd replace my 2+ years old ones I bought second hand off adam read for half price? Nothing wrong with them, just old... :)

Warranty doesn't mean shit.

This is why you should buy Try-All Yourself bars. SHORT warrenty! NEVER had ANY trouble with mine! May get some new ones after xmas though. But its (nearly) 4 YEAR old!!!

It's true. TA bars are the shit.

Is that because even at half price, you're still making a profit? :mellow:

They probably don't make a massive amount, but I doubt they'll be losing any money either. I guess the full price pays for R&D, marketing and so on, whereas when they're doing a crash replacement they don't need to make any profit as the person has already spent their money when they bought the cranks in the first place.

My mate has snapped two pairs of these cranks.There probably good cranks if you were using them for light comp use

but i dont know why anyone would bother knowing that there prone to cracking after a short period of time.

And no he hasnt snapped any other crancks eccept tensile.

Edited by Deonn h

We just understand trials is abusive. you wreck things, we just were being a bit kind. But all that seems to do is make out we still are out to make profit. Just received some old style Tensiles back today. Remembering that the new style has been out for over 2 years now I should think he had a good run with them. But then again I feel as though I'm fighting a losing battle on here that I'm tired of reading about. Everybody that doest use Tensiles are going to be saying their cranks are the best, Fair enough. But there are a Thousand of you out there that do or has ran Tensiles and I can only see about 6 users that claim they are snap happy.

Good day to you good Sirs, I'm done. :D

erm how? it states in the first post there yours....CHEEERSSSSSSS

hahaha only because i made you edit it from 'my tensiles' and also i see youve edited your over post claiming you wont be buying tensiles again.... when youve never owned any lol

you wreck things, we just were being a bit kind. But all that seems to do is make out we still are out to make profit.

I for one aren't doubting that it's a good service to offer, and a nice gesture.

Merely stating that you wouldn't do it unless you had some motivation towards profit, or were at least covering costs.

i was GOING to get some but not now after seeing that!

Why not? They're perfectly good cranks and you're only a beginner so you're not gonna snap them for a long time yet. Don't let the misfortune of a few ruin the reputation of a perfectly good part.

Anyone remember when the hope xc was the hub to have but they still broke every 5 minutes.