The Halfords Topic

Matthew_Gibson

right.. this is really bugging me now i can't find any of the old polo-shirts (just black with halfords written on it, without orange sleeves) Dose anyone have one in a size SMALL i can buy for a reasonable price, search your clothing hole in your warehouses guys i want one i do.

Haha, thought it was only me who bummed those shirts, i have four, and it was well hard getting those lol. Mine are like XXXXS after being washed loads anyway.

probally a stupied question but if i took my trials bike to halford would they be able to put gears on it. if so how much do you think it would cost

Buy a cycle care plan, 15 quid a year and you'll get the labour free (apart from the cycle care plans 15 quid cost), all you need to do is pay for the parts. Think that kinda thing for the gears is 20 odd quid?

And tell them Glen R from 482 told you to get it :P

Edited by Fat Pants

I could do it for you, it'd be shite, but I could do it. pretty easy really, 7 speed hub, 5 speed block, cheep mech that doesnt use a hanger. Thing is that means having a cheepo hub, and a shite freewheel. So it'd be rubbish for trials, and probably still pretty rubbish for riding to school

My advice, set off 10 minutes earlier and walk.

We are being paid tonight aren't we?

Not got it yet, usually would have it by now :(

EDIT: Yeah, have to, it's the last day of the month.

It's probably the new f**king systems being slow (lol)

EDIT 2: Ah feck, think i kept refreshing my internet banking, think it's locked me out :lol:

Edited by Fat Pants

Just a question for u halfords lovers:

I recently aquired a Halfords trade card for car parts as im studying automotive engineering :P !! What does it get me reductions on? obviously car parts, but what else, tools etc?? also, what sort of % reduction do you get?

thanks Andrew

When ordering in a DMR from Halfords, will it be the 2007 model like on evanscycles.com, or will it be the model shown on dmrbikes.com?

dmrbikes.com has the new one, with hydro discs all round and looks slightly nicer...

Mine should be here on Friday, just curious as to which you think I'll get.

Just a question for u halfords lovers:

I recently aquired a Halfords trade card for car parts as im studying automotive engineering :P !! What does it get me reductions on? obviously car parts, but what else, tools etc?? also, what sort of % reduction do you get?

thanks Andrew

Yeah, its anything on parts, so any maintinance parts for a car, and any tools. The amount of reduction depends how much halfords get it off the supliers for, Just always make sure you ask first. As a general rule, tools, paint, and filler and that kinda thing dont get much of a reduction, where as oil, break fluid and that kinda thing get a pretty hefty one. Also if its on sale alot of the time you wont get anything off atall, as the trade price wont be on sale, just the selling price.

Think you might be able to make some sence of that :P

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...