Stock Rims.

Mike W

Hey,

Im ordering a new rear rim for my stock tonight and its really between:

The onza ronnie drilled/undrilled.

The onza hog 47mm.

The revell rim.

Or the try-all rim.

Weight doesnt really matter to a certain extent, so, what do you think would be the best rim out of these ones?

It needs to be strong, and last me a while.

If anyone has knows of any better rims than the ones i have put up let me know,

Echo rims are excluded because my hub is 36h.

Thanks alot,

Mike.

Edited by t-comp-mike

i'd personally go for the ronnie....

it's far stronger and you don't have issues getting brake pads in. Since my rim got narrower, i've had no probs with punctures which i did on the wide viz :S. It holds a better grind, and for longer, and it's cheaper.

oh wait...i'm thinking dx32? they're pretty similar i think...

(Y)

i've run both the try-all and the revell.i thought the revell was a slightly better rim ,i seemed to hold grinds better and since it was eyeletted it could be built into a stronger wheel.

steve

Is there alot of material in the second layer of the rim ? and the hexagon holes are fine yeah ?

cheers.

Any more ?

Edited by t-comp-mike

Is there alot of material in the second layer of the rim ? and the hexagon holes are fine yeah ?

cheers.

Any more ?

if you mean the inner layer its drilled circular and its bigger than the hexaginal outa hole (i'll measure the diaminter (sp) tommorrow for you).

i had no problems with the holes being the shape they are,i wouldn't say they made the rim any weaker than if they were curcular.

i built up a wheel with a 24 bicycles y.m.c.a or whatever its called rim ,there 42mm wide and the first impreesions i got are good,they seem to be made from a better metal than say a try-all as the grind feels more harsh and rough .

steve

if you mean the inner layer its drilled circular and its bigger than the hexaginal outa hole (i'll measure the diaminter (sp) tommorrow for you).

i measure the hexaginal holes at 17mm and the circluar inner holes at 25mm (Y)

Echo now make 36h rims.

have you got a link to where we can get them?i've been waiting for these 36h beasties to appear :rolleyes:

steve