New Type Maguras

BENSPEED888

yeh the TPA (red adjuster) the threads seem to go causing the lever to pull into the bar, and the brake bottoming giving sod all power. The problem i find is people can't set them up well. If people have the psitons to far away from the rim, and make the brake feel better by the tpa .. it puts to much stress on it causing it to break ... hope that makes sense

denguras are shoddy mate they dont lastr long they dont set up as nice as a normal 07 maggie, also they are crap to bleed, and on top of that they are a complete rip off dont get one, the only ok thing is the short cylinders, but again they dont make a difference unless you need extra clearance.

also the 20th aniversary ones are good if you like the colours :)

Your Dengura has a complete 04 lever attached?

Ha lol, i wrote that wrong. No, i used the spring and seal, now it doesnt leak :)

denguras are shoddy mate they dont lastr long they dont set up as nice as a normal 07 maggie, also they are crap to bleed, and on top of that they are a complete rip off dont get one, the only ok thing is the short cylinders, but again they dont make a difference unless you need extra clearance.

also the 20th aniversary ones are good if you like the colours :)

How'd you wark that out, there really good to bleed, really easy to :)

The tpa's on the new style maggies are fine. They are made to only be used as a last resort back up for example if you are out on a ride and have a load of sudden pad wear! they are not to be used to help set the brake up! This is why hundreds of people break the plastic ones and therefore consider the new style magura sh*t!

The tpa's on the new style maggies are fine. They are made to only be used as a last resort back up for example if you are out on a ride and have a load of sudden pad wear! they are not to be used to help set the brake up! This is why hundreds of people break the plastic ones and therefore consider the new style magura sh*t!

it wasn't screwed in.. It was as far as back as it goes

2nd'd

04 maggies rule....end of, they 're so much better than 05 onwards IMO

they dont snap at the bar mount

They dont eat tpas ( as much )

Theyre easier to set up

In my opinion they look better

The best maggie you can get is the old ,old 01 ish tomac hs33 with the girt big levers....oodles of power and overbuilt levers

i've had a few sets of older maguras, and the best by far wer the old 10th anniversery ones, they were awsome, they came with cnc levers and braded hoses. the only thing was that someone had pinched the cnc boosters out of the box. i'm not bad at setting maguras up, but i have had v brakes just as good, and canti's too. i find hydrolic brakes a bit on/off, i like the feel you get with cables.