Sidehops?

Hendy

Alright i was wondering what you guys generally find a better technique for the height of a sidehop. So either you land front wheel first to get back wheel up or you land dead to 2 wheels.

Cheers Hendy :rolleyes:

Edited by hendy

Alright i was wondering what you guys generally find a better technique for the height of a sidehop. So either you land front wheel first to get back wheel up or you land dead to 2 wheels.

Cheers Hendy :rolleyes:

can barely read that colour writing. But two wheels is ideally the best to land on.

Firstly, change the font colour, its kinda annoying.. can barely read your post!

I find that going to front wheel is easier to go high, because you can just pivot the back wheel up onto the wall.

To me, it feels cheating. As its not how high your jumping, its just a little jump and pivot..

Going to 2 wheels also feels nicer for me :)

can barely read that colour writing. But two wheels is ideally the best to land on.

oh rite lol well maybe ill change colour so its easier to read :)

Right thanks for comments so far guys! But...

Lets stop with the whole pussy thing. :closedeyes: Everyone on this forum bitches and has to have a negative aspect to everything.

Come on people its a colour get over it, you must have something wrong with your eyes if you can barely read it. Maybe you should get your eyes sorted. Just a bit of advice there

Cheers Hendy

Come on lads get those posts in want to have a generall view on the sidehop thing.

I say going to front is better as it:

- Gives you (in my opinion) more safety as you can throw the back right up and onto.

- Gives you the oppotunity to switch onto the backwheel which can be very useful.

- Less chance in it all going down the crapper generally as you can tell if your backwheel isn't over or up enough.

Then again when you want to climb a very thin object maybe the two wheel method is more precise and most high level riders go to both.

Phil

I'm going to kinda hijack this, sorry. When doing a sidehop i really don't see how you can go fro mthe backwheel to flicking the bike high and to the left or the right. In my head it doesn't seem possible, but it obviously is. Any pointers guys?

sorry to hijack, but didn't want to make another post about sidehops.

I'm going to kinda hijack this, sorry. When doing a sidehop i really don't see how you can go fro mthe backwheel to flicking the bike high and to the left or the right. In my head it doesn't seem possible, but it obviously is. Any pointers guys?

sorry to hijack, but didn't want to make another post about sidehops.

Its quite simple really just takes some getting used to. Firstly you need to make sure you have decent control on the back wheel, go up onto the back wheel and take correction hops until your comfortable, then preload (meaning bend your legs ready for the push) then throw your weight upwards with a sharp kick, as you begin going upwards you lean into the object, not too steeply as you'll jusy smack it but so you can definetly get your front wheel on, then drag up the back by throwing your weight forward onto the front. There is also tucking down onto the bike but that comes naturally as you gain height.

Basically you don't even need to think about it, it will just come with time if you get out there and ride.

hope thats useful, Phil

oh rite lol well maybe ill change colour so its easier to read :)

Right thanks for comments so far guys! But...

Lets stop with the whole pussy thing. :closedeyes: Everyone on this forum bitches and has to have a negative aspect to everything.

Come on people its a colour get over it, you must have something wrong with your eyes if you can barely read it. Maybe you should get your eyes sorted. Just a bit of advice there

Cheers Hendy

Come on lads get those posts in want to have a generall view on the sidehop thing.

I have perfect vision thanks :P, Yea i find sidehops to front wheel feel sketchy, either to back wheel or two. But it's all about YOUR personal preference, trial and error to be honest.

ha cool topic this is a good question. my mate side hop`s by going to the front wheel first and there is no way he can do it any other way witch is a bit strange. i find it more comfortable to side hop strait to both wheels but can also do it to front. So really it is all down to what you are comfortable with (Y)

Its quite simple really just takes some getting used to. Firstly you need to make sure you have decent control on the back wheel, go up onto the back wheel and take correction hops until your comfortable, then preload (meaning bend your legs ready for the push) then throw your weight upwards with a sharp kick, as you begin going upwards you lean into the object, not too steeply as you'll jusy smack it but so you can definetly get your front wheel on, then drag up the back by throwing your weight forward onto the front. There is also tucking down onto the bike but that comes naturally as you gain height.

Basically you don't even need to think about it, it will just come with time if you get out there and ride.

hope thats useful, Phil

Cheers mate that really helps.

Hi!

I ride 26" inch trials since 2002 and this is what I have found from experience and from videos. Most mod riders land sidehop to both wheels or even rear slightly first. MOst stock(hehe) riders land their sides to front wheel and rear follows. This tells me that short bikes riders tend to land both wheel together. Riders with long low bikes land mostly front wheel first. One must find that which is more natural to perform. I have seen over 120cm cleared by vince and giaco in a vid. Different techiques. I remember also how TRA landed to both wheels sideways something in his first vids. Now he does sidehops to front more often(90deg ledges)....

tilt the bars into the wall a lil, position your self over the side of the bike a lil (away from the wall) sit a lilfurther back on the bike so your arms are straiter and when you preload try not to lowen the bars as much and when you actualy hop focus on bringing the back wheel up beside you next to ur ass lol dont even worry about the front wheel.... keep practising that and youll soon be away.... stretches also help lol