Is It Possible?

Joe Papasnap Maher

i had that a few weeks ago. Hours of annoyance. Luckily, one minute it just dissapeared as it dislodged.

I was about a minute from going to the hospital when a bit more eye rubbing under the tap sorted it and it just went as fast as it appeared.

I'd go the hospital now though and you'll be reet for tomorrow then.

Right, was grinding some metal earlier, with the grinder, and a bit of metal went in my eye. 11am sorta time.

Didnt think anything of it.

I can still feel it in my eye, and its f**king irritating now. Is it possible of it actually being like a splinter, inside my eye lid?

yea, it may just be a nick/small abrasion on the surface of the eye ball, or it may be a tiny bit of metal still sitting on(or worse, fused into the) eyeball.

i know because ive had several visits to the hospital due to this(altho ive now been bollocked enough times at work that i wear goggles at work, or sunglasses at home wen doing it)

chances are if its just sore, its only a small abrasion, but it can still hurt for like a day or two. best bet is to get your mother or someone to have a good look at it, talking magnifying glass, pen light and u holding ur eye open jobby. and if theres any doubt, go get it checked out.

gonna have a tommy tank.

try washing it out again.

then gonna go down there.

getting my priorities right like :P

Ha ha, imagining throughout the tommy tank or using your one good eye to see the wonders of the internet? :P

I'd get down there as soon as possible to be fair, if you have the black mark on your eye its almost certain to be a foreign body in your eye (the fact it hasn't moved suggests its embedded rather than free-floating, so won't just wash out), the last thing you want is blood poisoning or something similar in your eye from the metal. Theres a fair chance you'll have a long wait, and that they'll have to pull it out so it could take a few hours. I'd go ASAP so theres less of a chance you'll spend christmas morning with someone getting creative on your eyeball.

Hope it goes alright mate. Be prepared for the possibility of wearing an eye patch though for a few days.

Rub the other one :P

Hospital on christmas eve is like the worst thing you could do ever especially seen as your not a very high priority case you'll be waiting for ages.

have you got a bottle of eye cleaner with the squirty cap see if you can blast it out.

Edited by G4vyn