The Official Koxx Days 2008 Thread!

PaRtZ

Me and Wally shall be leaving early Friday morning, so should hopefully be there by around lunch. Does anyone know where you reserve a place for camping? How much does it cost if you have to pay...?

We're planning on leaving Monday morning, when is everyone else thinking of heading back?

For those concerned with what your car needs to carry when driving over there, i am aware that you need:

- GB sticker or GB Euroflag number plate

- Headlight adaptors

- Warning triangle

- High visibility jacket

- Spare bulbs

Just over 7 weeks now!!!!!

Yeah, we all need to decide,together, whether we are just going to turn up at the campsite (which, i don't think is the best idea) or at least try and reserve a place for camping...

And, also, is it just from Wednesday? If so thats a bit shit, i'm quite lookin forward to a whole week, so when is everyone else going?

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE (joe b @ Feb 6 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, we all need to decide,together, whether we are just going to turn up at the campsite (which, i don't think is the best idea) or at least try and reserve a place for camping...

And, also, is it just from Wednesday? If so thats a bit shit, i'm quite lookin forward to a whole week, so when is everyone else going?

Cheers,

Joe.

Well Im going from monday whether they like it or not. If not we can stay in the F1 travel lodge in Nemours for 30€ a night OR alternatively there's another forest we went to with more stuff to ride just outside Fountaine bleu, and people Im sure were camping there, if not, sleeping in the car (Y)

I think we should all try and organise camping from monday (Y)

For those concerned with what your car needs to carry when driving over there, i am aware that you need:

- Headlight adaptors

- Warning triangle

- High visibility jacket

- Spare bulbs

Don't think you need that though. but the others are true. I didnt have spare bulbs though ;)

Edited by PaRtZ

RIGHT, SEEING AS ME AND MATT SEEM TO BE THE MOTHERS;

Camping from monday even though it says Koxx Kamp is from Wednesday (Y) .

What do we fill out, on the registration form, in the 'Licence No.', 'Federation' and 'Club' sections?

And, if you don't intend on entering the competition is it necessary to fill out the form?

Cheers,

Joe.

maybe the english application form is really confusing because they dont want us to come? lol the other languages its probarbly really clear :(

i say we just frickin turn up there and CAMP. if they tell us to go, we just find a random field, soooorted!

in essence this trip could be as cheap as....

travel and food :)

Well Im going from monday whether they like it or not. If not we can stay in the F1 travel lodge in Nemours for 30€ a night OR alternatively there's another forest we went to with more stuff to ride just outside Fountaine bleu, and people Im sure were camping there, if not, sleeping in the car (Y)

There were about 10 condom wrappers behind each rock if you can remember! I'm pretty sure people didn't sleep there.

As far as i understand the koxx kamp starts Wednesday

I'm arriving to France (from Israel) on 23/3 Sunday...

Meet you all there, at least i won't ride alone from Sunday to Wednesday at buthiers!

By the way - it start at Paris (K-124 House) on Wednesday.

Tom.

Edited by Tom3bar

think we (me stan ali iolo and dave) are going on or getting there for the monday like last year, duno when were leaving, dont think im gonna pay for camping, well atleast if its going to be as organised as it was last year :P well cant wait now woop ,

as above...monday through sunday it's got to be :P

any more details would be super appreciated..! ferry monday morning?

where is this registration form? i'v seen the one with the 50euro per night thing...couldn't see owt about camping though...?

adam

It's right at the bottom, in small print - it says you have to contact Buthiers directly to book for camping...

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE (joe b @ Feb 6 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do we fill out, on the registration form, in the 'Licence No.', 'Federation' and 'Club' sections?

And, if you don't intend on entering the competition is it necessary to fill out the form?

Cheers,

Joe.

Anyone? :)

QUOTE (joe b @ Feb 7 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone? :)

Sorry joe, didn't read that bit

I just filled out the whole form as much as possible, leaving blank all the membership of trials club details blank. Needless to say I didn't select any of the days festivities either....pfffft

BTW:

SOMEONE GO WITH MATT ORR ON WEDNESDAY!!!

- Headlight adaptors

- Warning triangle

- High visibility jacket

- Spare bulbs

I've driven abroad a few times in the last year and recently haven't bothered with any of that stuff! The headlight adaptors are a joke! They rip you off £7 on the ferry for some crappy stickers. Mine and Ali's cars didn't have them and nor did Poysers van and no one said anything. GB stickers I think you can get free at passport control someone told me.

Yeah I think your right, it starts on Wednesday this year although a week is better! I think we'll be there Monday onwards :) Definately investing a new sleeping bag this year, was freeeezing at nights last year.

Woo 6 weeks away.. :D

the weather was so weird last year :S

riding one day in boxxers sweating my ass of all day, woke up the next day frezing my ass off and its f**king snowing :S

that was proper weird :S Didn't it thunder too? :S

BTW

At night its FREEZING!!!!

2008 BIU Licenses- Biu international licences will not be required for British Championships for 2008. Only An ACU Trial or Biketrial licence will be compulsory.

http://www.ukbiketrial.co.uk/home.html

So does this mean that we won't be receiving BIU Licence's this year? What will riders going to Koxx Days do?

Cheers,

Joe.

QUOTE (joe b @ Feb 11 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.ukbiketrial.co.uk/home.html

So does this mean that we won't be receiving BIU Licence's this year? What will riders going to Koxx Days do?

Cheers,

Joe.

I have a feeling people registering to BIU will get the license but wont need it for the british rounds. If I've read that right though.....