Pre Members Cars.

simo

Noticed there was a thread on members car. Had a look through all the pages and there are some nice cars !

As i can post in there, thought i would put a small thread in here.

Lets see what you guys have got.

Here is mine.

Steve.

P7071023.jpg

My car and my van

P7071017.jpg

well speaking about cars.

what do you guys think of my first car???. i dont know what to get thats cheap for insurance and you can have a bit of fun???

cheers!!!!!

How old are you? First car if you're under 21 I'd say something small like 1.4 or less, 1.2 ideally. Unless you've got a fair bit of cash, then go for something sportier, GTI's and such...

How old are you? First car if you're under 21 I'd say something small like 1.4 or less, 1.2 ideally. Unless you've got a fair bit of cash, then go for something sportier, GTI's and such...

Or...go for a diesel up to a 1.9... a 1.9 litre td 306 is the same price to insure as a 1.4 petrol

i'm under 21 BUT A 1.2!!!!

What about if i put my dads name as the owner of the car and his insurance and then he put my name in???? cheaper????

mazda rx-7????

nissan silvia s15????

And if you are the primary driver it will also invalidate your insurance...

I wouldn't even dream of owning those cars you mention just yet, best to get a cheap, small engined car for a couple of years and build up a no claims before looking. Even with your dad as the main driver, insurance companies will still refuse to put you on the policy.

I'm 25 with 3yrs no claims and I'm still paying £1500 fully comp on an rx7...

And I won't even go into my views on inexperienced drivers buying cars they just can't handle.

Have got a 1.9D Peugeot partner van fitted with the citreon saxo vtr alloy wheels perfect for taking bikes places, ain't to slow either just passed my trest and it can easily outdrag any 1.1 or 1.2 that wants a race. how do i put pictures on this thing? :huh:

Cool, what spec?

single trust t78-29d turbo, auto craft intercooler, japan craft throttle body, trust type c wastegate, modified forged diverter valve, auto craft exhaust system, apexi power ecu, trust profec B E-0 boost controller.

theres alot more ive ordered too much to list lol

it gets around over 500 bhp and around 400 lb ft torque

single trust t78-29d turbo, auto craft intercooler, japan craft throttle body, trust type c wastegate, modified forged diverter valve, auto craft exhaust system, apexi power ecu, trust profec B E-0 boost controller.

Sounds like a beast, but wheres the pics? :P

I mentioned the RX-7 because ive been building it for 2 years now i know exactly how hard it is to get insured on these cars and UNDER 21!!! :unsure:

thank you for the info

cheers!!!!

I'm sorry but Insurance aside, I really don't think young people (Under 21) should be allowed to drive something like that - unless you're a good experienced driver a rear wheel car with loads of BHP is not a good idea.

I know it seems like people are just trying to restrict young drivers but it's for their own good, I've known a lot of young drivers (Friends of mine) get powerful cars and stack them into trees...

You're much better off getting a low powered car, learning for a while and then getting something bigger after 21. Just my opinion but it's a good idea I reckon!

my first car was a saxo furio 1.4. had it lowered 60mm on 18" mono miglia HT3 alloys. oval back box, dimma roll cage ... that was before i passed my test. a lil project of mine if anything. sold that and got a r5 gt turbo for like 700 ... elctrics had gone and wish i never brought it, sold that for the same amount then found out the person sold it on for 1200 ... was well gutted! Then i got a 1.8 16v clio, had that lowered 40mm on kei force 10 wheels ... that was my first car when i passed, but like evryone does, ragged it and blew the engine up! so got the engine replaced sold that on, and then got a seat ibiza cupra 1.8 turbo, got it remapped, piper cross viper kit, 200bhp it was kicking out ..... then some b*****d drove into it outide my house one night ..... now i just have a trek 1.5 2008 road bike ...... NOT HAPPY, getting another ibiza soon though and im only 20 lol like the old skl golfs though, i wld love a g40 polo there the nuts!

Sounds like its going to be a good build. What are you doing regarding porting and rotor tips for that power? And what injector sizes are you using?

wow thats one clean engine bay heres mine please dont laugh

IMG_0113.jpg

the only good thing about it is the v-tec!

VTEC-e. ;)

Nice Civic, don't like smoothed boots though. :(

Hmmm, Oakland, you've not started driving yet and you claim to have a 500bhp RX7? Sorry, just find that hard to believe...

Simo, that Golf is hot, good work!

no not v-tec e its an esi

Yeh, your VTEC is economy, it's not a wilder set of cams, its designed for motorway cruising, and only on inlet, or outlet, can never remember, being SOHC and all. :)

Given, i'm not up on my D series much, but pretty sure that's the case though.