thewoomaster

Worth getting  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes worthing gettin
    • No get Hope
    • No get King

Holla dude's,

Me mate has been looking into getting a Hadley hub for sometime now, we cant seem to find a good review's from any trials riders that run it only DH-ers.

The hadey hub comes with 108 engagement points or they got a newer version with 74 engagement points, also there made of stronger metal.

Read for urself http://www.dhracers.com/HadleyRacing.htm

I'd say the King is better but we want know what you guys think? :P

Dont bother saying a Hope 2 etc as other mate has one and he thinks its poo B)

Edited by thewoomaster

It has 108 engagement points created by 3 staggered pawls engaging a 36 tooth ring. This means only one pawl is carrying the load in the hub. Unless these are way beyond burly the chances of it surviving trials use are low. Also when only one pawl is taking the load it pushes the freehub sideways as there's nothing apart from the bearings opposite the pawl to support the load. Shimano XT (And probably all Shimanos, an XT was the only one I had break apart on me so I could see inside, the others just spun forward) freehubs use a setup like this with 2 pawls at 90 degrees to each other (That both engage at the same time). And nothing they make apart from XTR will survive on a trials bike.

Where can we see more on their new 74 (72?) e.p. hubs? Their older ones, as mentioned above are no good for trials as they don't use enough pawls unfortunately. Although they're very tasty hubs otherwise!

I'd be tempted to try one, but Kings are proven for trials, the RingDrive system is logically a better system for trials than pawl and ratchets. Although when done correctly they P+R hubs can come pretty close.

Thanks dude's, With the Hope 2 and just did'nt like it :P , well here's linky to the 72 hub http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/pr...mp;category=735

I voted King as there very proven in trials and the paw set-up is better.

That has 4 pawls, so 2 would be engaged at a time, much better but as said perviously, it's unproven. I'd love to hear from someone trying it though.

Oh and Kings don't have pawls ;)

Ammended

Oh dear...

When will people stop being so ignorant and realise, there's a price difference for a reason. Kings ARE better.