Edinburgh Riders?

Chappie

Hey mate... I used to ride Edinburgh a few times, mostly Sundays!

I'm gettin back into riding again so I should be making more apperances! :D

And Edinburgh is a good place for riding, if you know where the spots are (Y)

I'll give you a shout next time i'll be through... Need to get my new bike built and when the weathers better etc

There is 3 of us that ride out in Balerno a few nights a week.

I dont know if you can quite call that riding lol...

About edinburgh, there are quite a few places. If you know where Bristo Sq. is you can usually find people there most weekends. There are a few other places like outside the parliament, Festival Sq, and outside the Sheraton. I have just started so im not in Edinburgh that much (because im not good enough lol) but im sure the regualrs will be able to tell you more than me. If you do go riding send me a pm i would love to come up with a group of experienced riders.

Rojo

Cheers for the replies lads! Be good to get a shout next time theres a ride on! Bristo sq, that outside edinburgh uni union aye?

Im not very experienced rider either rojo so dont worry! Just give me a pm if anyones wanting to go trial about!

Ben i used to live in glasgow when i was in uni there and it does look shit hot for riding (petty i didn't have my bike down for the 2 yrs) but yeah i might be thro there soon too! Will pm you!

Cheers

I live in Edinburgh city centre and ride during the week and weekends. Give us a shout or rumplestiltskin if you want to ride. Will be riding this week whenever its dry. Probably not tonight as it will be raining but possibly tomorrow night as forecast is dry.

I live in Edinburgh city centre and ride during the week and weekends. Give us a shout or rumplestiltskin if you want to ride. Will be riding this week whenever its dry. Probably not tonight as it will be raining but possibly tomorrow night as forecast is dry.

Might take you up on that offer sometime balfa! Where bouts do you ride? An do you know best way to get bike into centre from uni? I can get to train, so might do that! Im no very good like but could do with goin with someone to progress a bit!

Chap

Might take you up on that offer sometime balfa! Where bouts do you ride? An do you know best way to get bike into centre from uni? I can get to train, so might do that! Im no very good like but could do with goin with someone to progress a bit!

Chap

Places to ride include:

Bristo Square

Right outside the Uni buildings round the corner

Outside the Sheraton on Lothian Road

Waverly Station

Flat Banks at Bristo if you're into that sort of thing

Then there is load of wee bits just dotted about which are quite fun

Chap

Ride all the places Rob mentions and a few others. Main ones are bristo & festival square though. I'm guessing train is probably your best bet.

Just checked and realised it was free to take my bike on the train so thats cool! Well, if i dont manage this week, maybe next or next weekend-weather permitting?! And i might need to purchase a decent helmet!

Chappie

:D Would love to this weekend but heading home on firday an no back till sunday night! Although im no much use and would get shown up by you lot! haha! Perhaps next few weekends after this one though!?!?

Anyone know of a decent shop in edinburgh to buy a helmet and trials bike stuff?

Cheers

:D Would love to this weekend but heading home on firday an no back till sunday night! Although im no much use and would get shown up by you lot! haha! Perhaps next few weekends after this one though!?!?

Anyone know of a decent shop in edinburgh to buy a helmet and trials bike stuff?

Cheers

Doubt you'd show me up, i just sit and look at boys arses...

Not sure why Ross is insistant on the helmet thing though ;)

Pop through whenever you want! I'll be up for a ride anytime during the week/weekend really!

Only real trials related stuff is the Onza full builds in Macdonalds for Raleigh just off of lothian road and some other bits and pieces kicking about...

Helmets can be bought anywhere really!

Edited by Rob Thomson