Woodstock Frames

1a2bcio8

Hello,

I recently snapped my onza t-raptor whilst performing a 180 down some stairs. The bike had about 8-10 rides and was seemingly new when I bought it second hand. I can't really afford this speed of breakage so I'm after a stronger frame this time round.

So, I was hoping some kind individuals might take the time to tell me what they think of the onza woodstock frame with regards to strength?

Additionally have people found this bike to be good for street trials, specifically the more bmx orientated type of street?

I wish I could afford a 24" :(

Anyway, thanks.

Ben

You may think im joking.....................

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/122082/

Mine lasted me 2 full years of hard riding, then i got my 1st orange zero which lasted me 51 weeks, just inside warranty :)

Theyre worth nothing, impossible to dent, and when i switched to a zero i hardly felt any difference,So theyre really good for the bmx'y type street riding, they really arent worth much nowdays if you can find one, £20's a fair price for an ok one.

Leon

I liked the feel of them, and I'd have thought they'd be stronger than the T-Raptor. That's about as specific as I can be, sorry :P Chris Akrigg dominated on his though...

That's cool, I'm happy with any negative or positive information. It will all help me make my decision :)

You may think im joking.....................

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/122082/

Mine lasted me 2 full years of hard riding, then i got my 1st orange zero which lasted me 51 weeks, just inside warranty :)

Theyre worth nothing, impossible to dent, and when i switched to a zero i hardly felt any difference,So theyre really good for the bmx'y type street riding, they really arent worth much nowdays if you can find one, £20's a fair price for an ok one.

Leon

Hmmm, thanks Leon, but I am not so confident in the way the saracen would ride. I may be getting hung up here but I think I want a slightly more modern higher spec frame. The frame just has to last 6-7 months because that's when school's out, so to speak, and I can start earning a bit of cash.

That's cool, I'm happy with any negative or positive information. It will all help me make my decision :)

Hmmm, thanks Leon, but I am not so confident in the way the saracen would ride. I may be getting hung up here but I think I want a slightly more modern higher spec frame. The frame just has to last 6-7 months because that's when school's out, so to speak, and I can start earning a bit of cash.

Half-price crash replacement on the Onza too, don't forget, so if you do kill it, cheaper new one?

Half-price crash replacement on the Onza too, don't forget, so if you do kill it, cheaper new one?

That would be good, except I can only afford a second hand frame. I want a 24" really, so this is all a bit frustrating. The credit card I placed out of view is slowly edging its way into the forefront of my mind. Good but not good.

i had a woodstock...super super light...! really nice to ride too...but it cracked after only ~9months...and i don't do 360's down stairs!

didn't you ride a giant? i have one in me shed in very good condition...woodstock is slightly longer, lower and much lighter.

adam

PS: see you in swindon i hope!

Hello,

I recently snapped my onza t-raptor whilst performing a 180 down some stairs. The bike had about 8-10 rides and was seemingly new when I bought it second hand. I can't really afford this speed of breakage so I'm after a stronger frame this time round.

So, I was hoping some kind individuals might take the time to tell me what they think of the onza woodstock frame with regards to strength?

Additionally have people found this bike to be good for street trials, specifically the more bmx orientated type of street?

I wish I could afford a 24" :(

Anyway, thanks.

Ben

You had a 24 ben !

its now sitting in a shed with no paint on it and a snapped dropout :(

its spoken for now ;)

Sorry thats not much help! but you and manning seem to change bikes too often!

Just decide what you want and keep it?

no harm intended :D

i had a woodstock...super super light...! really nice to ride too...but it cracked after only ~9months...and i don't do 360's down stairs!

didn't you ride a giant? i have one in me shed in very good condition...woodstock is slightly longer, lower and much lighter.

adam

PS: see you in swindon i hope!

Ok, this is putting me off the woodstock. I live in Bristol now, so you're more likely to see me there :)

I could possibly be interested in the giant but to be honest by the time i'd neared the end of my committed riding lifestyle, I'd come to dislike the frame. I'll get back to you on that one!

You had a 24 ben !

its now sitting in a shed with no paint on it and a snapped dropout :(

its spoken for now ;)

Sorry thats not much help! but you and manning seem to change bikes too often!

Just decide what you want and keep it?

no harm intended :D

Yes I know I had a 24 and am clearly a fool for selling it but chronic and acute back pain can make you a bit rash sometimes.

I wasn't aware that I change bikes that often? I guess that's relative but at least I'm not as bad as Manning :P

I need to be sensible about the buy because I don't have a great deal of money. I'm having to borrow for a new frame as it is. Unless of course I allow that voice inside my that says buy a brand spanking new 24" on your credit card. It's incredibly tempting.

If you've got a viable way of paying it off in time before your credit company start coming after you, why not? You seem to be pretty intelligent and rational, so as long as you can say to yourself "I'll have this bike now, I know that means I won't have luxuries/whatever at the end of the month" I don't really see a problem with it. I usually buy stuff with a view to selling stuff that I have after I get the new stuff (Not sell old, use money to pay for new), and as long as you're aware of what you're going into it's not that bad.

Whatever you do don't fall in the trap of selling bits you're using based on new bits scheduled to arrive in the very near future. Every time I've done this there's been some delay or mix-up that's left me bikeless for weeks. I've seen the same happen to loads of people I know too. If the current setup works don't touch it till you have everything you need to leave you with an upgraded but still working bike :)...

I just bought an inspired on my credit card (it's your fault mark), so thanks for all your advice (except you mark) but, um, yeh, I made a different decision to what my question regarded.

I hope it's a good decision and I don't decide to sell it in two months time :P

I just bought an inspired on my credit card (it's your fault mark), so thanks for all your advice (except you mark) but, um, yeh, I made a different decision to what my question regarded.

I hope it's a good decision and I don't decide to sell it in two months time :P

Sweet, sure you'll shred on it Ben.

Me bey over here has one, rides a dream.