Trials Chains

matt middler

This is a bit confusing, people are saying run a KMC but have you not noticed he is running gear's and KMC's cant really run on gear's from what people i know have tried. best bet is a good normal MTB chain that run's on the amount of gear's that you want to run and also like has been said, the simple thing's like lub on the chain every now and then. that one thing is important to keep a chain from running well.

i work in a bike shop and the amount of people we have come in that ride trial's, street or dirt and they dont lub there chain or anything else and they always have problem's.....

i guess the meaning behind this is kepp you chain and moving parts of you're bike lub'd (Y)

Edited by stuie

Hi to answer the question why are people saying kmc

when they are to larg its because they are not too large.

The chains come in differnt sizes as remarked earlier by JT

The sizes are 3/32" and 1/8"

Generally the 1/8" one is used on single speed bikes they are

pretty damn strong and boy do they look nice.

The 3/32" is the thinner of the two and is more oftenly used on multi- speed

cassettes. I would deffinatly advise using a kmc 3/32"

It doesnt have to be a mega expensive one but its up to you really

i would choose KMC Kool they cost around £15-£25 dependant on where you get it from

hope that helps you dude and keep riding =]

If you want smooth gear changes and ultra strenght, go for the rohloff if your not to worried about money

heres a link http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx...referid=Frogoog

I'm not really bothered about gear changing. I always ride with it set in one gear. I did used to use a rohloff chain and I thought it was great, seemed almost indestructable.

Don't want to use a standard chain, as i never found them to be strong enough when riding hard.

I'm not really bothered about gear changing. I always ride with it set in one gear. I did used to use a rohloff chain and I thought it was great, seemed almost indestructable.

Don't want to use a standard chain, as i never found them to be strong enough when riding hard.

Just get a singlespeed kit for about £10 or whatever they cost these days, fit it, or if you can't get your local shop to, then buy either a KMC or my advice would be to go for a KHE Collapse.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...